Milan I Setlist Watch And Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MTEdge said:

Fair enough, but you haven't explained what he is singing about when they perform RTSS. The theme you spoke of is taken care of in the War trilogy.

I see Running to Stand Still as a part of the war section.

When they replaced it with Miss Sarajevo, which is implicitly about war, this became even clearer - if it was unclear to begin with.

Keep in mind, you don't have to agree with Bono - that doesn't matter. We're just talking about what he is likely saying...

zwervers2 said:
oh look what just happened..nobody is around anymore..

Do I need to stir up more shit by saying controversial things? :wink:

Axver said:

LAPOE calls for both sides to disarm. "All you Abraham's sons": Jews, Muslims, and Christians alike.

I hadn't looked at that line that way before, but yeah, I think you're right.

Even though only Jews would literally be "sons of Abraham", Bono would mean it that way.

Do you think uwwedoogie got banned? Wasn't it odd, how he just suddenly disappeared? (One can always hope :mac:) :wink:

Niceman said:

Even though only Jews would literally be "sons of Abraham", Bono would mean it that way.

wrong

wow, i'm really late to this thread...is a final setlist posted somewhere in this thread? (sorry, hate to detract from the football/war discussion :wink: )

Niceman said:

What do you think it's about, neutral? Do you agree with my interpretation?

Pretty much, yeah, and the futility of fighting to stop fighting. I guess I see it as part of the war trilogy section.

MTEdge said:

That is what happened after each of the last two major American conflicts: Vietnam and Iraq I.

True, good point. Argh I don't know. :crazy:

Niceman said:

All of them are Abraham's sons.

Abraham --> Ishmael --> Arabs/Muslims

Abraham --> Isaac --> Jews --> then onto Christians

Niceman said:

Only if you believe that everyone on earth is decended from a Jew a couple of thousand years ago.....

True. But all religion is a question of believing. So is Bono's, and his lyrics.

Niceman said:

Only if you believe that everyone on earth is decended from a Jew a couple of thousand years ago.....

Not everyone on earth, just the tribes of Israel (via Isaac) and the Arabs (via Ishmael).

Niceman said:

well the ones who are fighting eachother acknowledge it not me

Axver said:

Not everyone on earth, just the tribes of Israel (via Isaac) and the Arabs (via Ishmael).

Axver, just technically speaking not all Arabs are Muslims. Arabs include Jews, Muslims, and Christians (who I believe are the majority).

Niceman said:

Most Americans aren't literally "Sons of Abraham." or "Children of Zion." and Americans are doing a lot of the fighting...

This is the point where it gets political :wink:

MTEdge said:

Axver, just technically speaking not all Arabs are Muslims. Arabs include Jews, Muslims, and Christians (who I believe are the majority).

yeh Arab is more a racial grouping like Caucasian..i think the proper term for Arabs would be Semitic peoples...not just Jews are Semites..even though its most commonly used for them.

Niceman said:

Most Americans aren't literally "Sons of Abraham." or "Children of Zion." and Americans are doing a lot of the fighting...

you know what I meant..stop it:wink:

Niceman said:

we can all be Sons of Abraham in the religious sense if your Christian...its not meant to be literally more ideologically.

MTEdge said:

That's why I wrote in one of my above posts, Arab/Muslim. The conflict over Israel does have something to do with the Jews being said to occupy Arab (not Muslim) land, though.

All I was saying is that the Arabs are considered to be the sons of Abraham via Ishmael, and that Islam started and is centred in the Arab world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom