Milan I Setlist Watch And Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L03VIk said:

Hehe... You're really mean tonight U2Man...

One week 'til Oslo now! And two more days 'til Gothenburg!
And then another two 'til Copenhagen...

I'm going to the first two... Gonna be soooo great!!!

Who are you seeing?

:wink:

Niceman said:

You do realise the irony of dedicating that SPECIFIC song to the troops, right? About doing the opposite of what you are trying to do?

Bono is so frickin' clever!!!!

Of course, I do! :wink: Sadly, many veterans come back to civilian status after wars and end up addicted to drugs. RTSS is about drug addiction.

L03VIk said:

Hehe... You're really mean tonight U2Man...

One week 'til Oslo now! And two more days 'til Gothenburg!
And then another two 'til Copenhagen...

I'm going to the first two... Gonna be soooo great!!!

:wink: :wink:

Don't forget to see the little mermaid

:rockon: :rockon:

U2@NYC said:

Auch!!!!

Poor guy.

Still in the hospital... Operation tomorrow... They say that his football (soccer...) career might be over... He won't be getting a contract if you know what I mean...

They have showed it many times on TV, but I cant see it anymore... My leg hurts by just watching it...

Axver said:

In New Zealand for the All Blacks. :wink:

:laugh: like cricket? :evil:

1stOne said:

anyway, seeing as you prefer the pooltable, I'll have the comfy bed when we go for the real setlist party.

Who said there would be sleeping involved?

U2@NYC said:

Argentina is getting better. Rugby has always been very popular and now many players are playing in France, England and Italy. We lost by one point to Ireland in the World Cup and that is why we did not make it in the second round. We will come back.

Go Pumas!

pumas.jpg

I would LOVE to see Argentina admitted to one of the regional competitions in the Southern Hemisphere - either expand the Tri-Nations to be a Four-Nations, or expand the Super 14 to a Super 16 to include a couple of regional Argentinian teams. It would help the improvement of rugby there, I'm sure.

L03VIk said:

Still in the hospital... Operation tomorrow... They say that his football (soccer...) career might be over... He won't be getting a contract if you know what I mean...

They have showed it many times on TV, but I cant see it anymore... My leg hurts by just watching it...

who was it?

U2Man said:
Are you saying it's predictable!!! How dare you!!! U2 is never predictable :wink:

Well, seeing as I didn't take the bet, that either means U2 is not predictable enough or that I'm a cowardly chicken.

MTEdge said:

RTSS, on the first leg, was dedicated to American soldiers. To have the same said about Italy (didn't they withdraw their troops from Iraq) would be somewhat disingenious.

I've always thought that RTSS is about America since it's on JT--U2's attempt to be more mainstream in the US.

Well, that's true about the dedication. But the song was originally about the seven towers of Ballynum, Ireland, and the drug addiction there. I've always seen it
as a very Irish song.

And JT was like nothing else on American radio when it came out, so it wasn't really going mainstream ... exploring some American culture, yeah, but not mainstream.

OK, time to stir up shit with the Europeans here. :wink:

The truest and best form of football is RUGBY FOOTBALL! :rockon:

Axver said:

Well, that's true about the dedication. But the song was originally about the seven towers of Ballynum, Ireland, and the drug addiction there. I've always seen it
as a very Irish song.

And JT was like nothing else on American radio when it came out, so it wasn't really going mainstream ... exploring some American culture, yeah, but not mainstream.

Fair enough. I'll readily concede to the resident U2 expert. :wink:

L03VIk said:
I know I'm a sick :censored: to post these pics, but here's another of the broken foot...

url]

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :faint:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U2Man said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll second that! Ouch, my goodness!!

Axver said:
OK, time to stir up shit with the Europeans here. :wink:

The truest and best form of football is RUGBY FOOTBALL! :rockon:

Let's go over this ONE MORE TIME....

FOOT --- BALL .... A sport where you use your feet to play ball... (Are you americans listening?:wink: )

But rugby is cool...

U2@NYC said:
All right, everyone. Predictions for tomorrow?

Any surprises or exact same setlist since they are shooting the DVD?

My prediction for tomorrow:

Main Set: Vertigo, Out of Control, The Electric Co., Elevation, Beautiful Day, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, WGRYWH, City of Blinding Lights, Miracle Drug, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Love and Peace or Else, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet the Blue Sky, Miss Sarajevo, Pride, Where the Streets Have No Name, One

Encore(s): Zoo Station, The Fly, With or Without You, OOTS, All Because of You, Yahweh, Vertigo

OMG I come back to see if there are any comments from peeps at the show and it's gore and ewwwww-ies everywhere...

the rockin edge said:

I do llike rugby but.....

...:madspit:

:lol: You know it's true! :wink:

As far as I'm concerned:

1. Rugby union
2. Cricket
3. Australian Rules football
4. Soccer

For the record, American football and rugby league are not sports.

MTEdge said:

Of course, I do! :wink: Sadly, many veterans come back to civilian status after wars and end up addicted to drugs. RTSS is about drug addiction.

Well, it was written about drug addiction, but I think that like all good U2 songs the meaning has expanded to anyone who does the opposite of what they are trying to do.

I don't think he is talking about troops getting addicted to drugs in Iraq or after coming back from Iraq.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom