Milan I Setlist Watch And Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2@NYC said:

They lost 4-1. Nalbandian kicked Hewitt's butt in 3 straight sets.

All right, everyone, a domani! (see you tomorrow in Italian)... hopefully, we will get at least one or two surprises (how naive of me...).

:wave:

4-1? NICE!

Have a good one!

(I wish New Zealand was even remotely good at tennis ... but ah well, we rule the world at rugby union, the greatest sport on the planet! 84% winning record! Beat that, any other sports team.)

U2@NYC said:

Exactly, he says that "encore" means "once again" and then plays "Vertigo" again... actually, "ancora" means "yet" :confused:

In any event, this is definetly against Vertigo II and in favor of "40".

Italians :heart:

U2Man said:

Haha! :wink:

zwervers2....next time I go into a ridiculous, pathetic discussion about my sexuality in here, I expect you to back me up! :wink:

There is more than one way to read this U2Man.

Axver said:

(I wish New Zealand was even remotely good at tennis ... but ah well, we rule the world at rugby union, the greatest sport on the planet! 84% winning record! Beat that, any other sports team.)

The All Blacks rule :up:

hakaall_blacks_3.jpg

U2@NYC said:

I can imagine the critics... 'wtf is u2 thinking, this is rock and roll, not classical music for sissies"...

:wink:

Hey, U2 themselves said the next album was going to be in a different directions.
And with Bono doing opera nowadays.
This seems logical to me.

Orchestra + rock and roll = classic(al) rock (LOL)

MTEdge said:
In any event, RTSS is too much Americana whereas Miss Sarajevo is more Eurigo.

This is how the Euro leg will remain for the remainder of the tour. That's my guess...

How is RTSS too much Americana? It was written about Dublin.

But I agree this is probably how the leg will stay.

Miringeltje said:

Hey, U2 themselves said the next album was going to be in a different directions.
And with Bono doing opera nowadays.
This seems logical to me.

Orchestra + rock and roll = classic(al) rock (LOL)

As I said, I love the idea of a classical album.

Ahh, bit late, was it the full band version of Yahweh like the one that zwervers2 recorded?

And here's my thoughts on the "what will make the DVD and what not for it to be representative of the EU-leg" discussion:

You can never say it ain't representative of the Milan concert!!

U2@NYC said:

The All Blacks rule :up:

hakaall_blacks_3.jpg

:up:

The Haka! :rockon:

One thing I would truly love is to see Argentina become a greater rugby country. There've been some fantastic Argentinian players and the potential's there. I was so disappointed when they nearly but not quite beat Australia in the 2003 World Cup.

I saw NZ flog Tonga 91-7 at that World Cup. Bloody amazing stuff. Sheer class.

Did you all read this on U2.com about the Milan film shoot?

But tonight is not a run-through for tomorrow – and tomorrow is not a back-up for tonight. ‘Each night is for real. We don’t regard either night as the night, it’s all one production and of course, the band might decide to do different songs one night from the other.’
‘To be sure to be sure as we like to say!’

See the setlist party is more of a sports discussion now... hehe...

Here's a (VERY BAD) story from yesterday.

My local team SK Brann met Birmingham City and won 4-0 in a training match last night. But noone talks about the result, they talk about the 44 minute tackling of trial slovenian player Fabijan Cipot:

Going in:
bb6-versjoner_640209e.jpg

AUCH!!:
bb8_640215e.jpg

90 degree foot:
bb11-versjoner_640223e.jpg

U2@NYC said:

I think Axver mentioned that he had a pooltable? :confused:

So it seems that some girls are trying to get in his bed and, if that does not work, in his pooltable... :D

Oh, I think I missed that he mentioned that before I read about it during this setlist party.

But U2@NYC, I'd say on the pooltable!

L03VIk said:
See the setlist party is more of a sports discussion now... hehe...

Here's a (VERY BAD) story from yesterday.

My local team SK Brann met Birmingham City and won 4-0 in a training match last night. But noone talks about the result, they talk about the 44 minute tackling of trial slovenian player Fabijan Cipot:

Going in:
bb6-versjoner_640209e.jpg

AUCH!!:
bb8_640215e.jpg

90 degree foot:
bb11-versjoner_640223e.jpg

That looks bad man.....I wish it could have been uwwedoogie :mac: :wink:

Axver said:

:up:

The Haka! :rockon:

One thing I would truly love is to see Argentina become a greater rugby country. There've been some fantastic Argentinian players and the potential's there. I was so disappointed when they nearly but not quite beat Australia in the 2003 World Cup.

I saw NZ flog Tonga 91-7 at that World Cup. Bloody amazing stuff. Sheer class.

Argentina is getting better. Rugby has always been very popular and now many players are playing in France, England and Italy. We lost by one point to Ireland in the World Cup and that is why we did not make it in the second round. We will come back.

Go Pumas!

pumas.jpg

Axver said:

How is RTSS too much Americana? It was written about Dublin.

But I agree this is probably how the leg will stay.

RTSS, on the first leg, was dedicated to American soldiers. To have the same said about Italy (didn't they withdraw their troops from Iraq) would be somewhat disingenious.

I've always thought that RTSS is about America since it's on JT--U2's attempt to be more mainstream in the US.

Hey if U guys don't post a team picture of U2 soon, I'm gonna report U 2 the geekpolice claiming, you're not real fans :madspit: :wink:

1stOne said:

I think you were, probably about 4 pages behind....only joking

Hahaha!
Yeah, it's very likely that I am ust that.
Although I remember Zwervers mentioning the pooltable right after I said something about the bed.
Not that it matters.

MTEdge said:

RTSS, on the first leg, was dedicated to American soldiers. To have the same said about Italy (didn't they withdraw their troops from Iraq) would be somewhat disingenious.

I've always thought that RTSS is about America since it's on JT--U2's attempt to be more mainstream in the US.

You do realise the irony of dedicating that SPECIFIC song to the troops, right? About doing the opposite of what you are trying to do?

Bono is so frickin' clever!!!!

U2Man said:

That looks bad man.....I wish it could have been uwwedoogie :mac: :wink:

Hehe... You're really mean tonight U2Man...

One week 'til Oslo now! And two more days 'til Gothenburg!
And then another two 'til Copenhagen...

I'm going to the first two... Gonna be soooo great!!!

Miringeltje said:

That's very likely to be the case.
Although I remember Zwervers mentioning the pooltable right after I said something about the bed.
Not that it matters.

anyway, seeing as you prefer the pooltable, I'll have the comfy bed when we go for the real setlist party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom