MERGED-->The GENERAL SALE Discussion, Bragging, Etc., Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
brejc said:

I"m assuming you're referring to the 6GAs in Boston and 2 in Philly. It's quite simple. Went to church and prayed to God. This week I'm praying for Toronto tickets. Hopefully it works this time around too.

Just how lucky have I been this tour?!!

2GAs for the opener
2GAs in San Jose
2GAs in Philadelphia (1st Leg)
2LL in Chicago (1st Leg)
2GAs in Boston (3rd Leg Dec 4th)
2GAs in Boston (3rd Leg Dec 5th)
2GAs in Boston (3rd Leg Oct 4th)
2GAs in Philly (3rd Leg)

Damn, feel bad bragging, but I guess this is the place to do it!

See you Oct 4 and Dec 4th! :D

ladywithspinninghead said:

Wow, you have GOT to be the luckiest person here!

There IS a God!

I'll be praying too for Toronto, Montreal and most of all, Ottawa!!!

Yup, I won't argue that one!:wink:

There definitely IS a God! I'm planning on going to the Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa and Buffalo shows as well.

Hopefully God lends me a hand next Saturday too!

ladywithspinninghead said:

Wow, you have GOT to be the luckiest person here!

There IS a God!

I'll be praying too for Toronto, Montreal and most of all, Ottawa!!!

God my ass!!! Must have sold his soul to the devil!!!!

nicholsfornixon said:
I JUST GOT 2 GAs FOR PORTLAND. YESSSSSS!!!!!

Congrats, me too!!!

I'm a pro at this ticketmaster stuff now. hehe.

See you all in the GA lines all across NA.:hyper:

....my poor bank account.:(

skjuls said:
2 Boston 12/5 GA (a day before my bday) and 1 Philly 10/16 nosebleed!

Happy way early Bday! My best friend's is the same as yours, and I just got GAs for both 12/4 and 12/5, one of which I'll give to her. She better love me forever.

My final count for the whole tour:
2 GA's to Philly 2 in May
1 excellent lower-level seat for Philly 1 in October
1 GA to Philly 2 in October
1 GA to Boston 2 in December
(hopefully) 1 GA or lower level to the Buffalo show

This makes all those years of waiting and not getting to see them or having nosebleed seats well worth it. All from general sale, no less. Since my luck has been so good, I might even try for MSG on Monday, too.

Hmmmmm...what if all the Leg 1 ticket shortages were just so much hype to turn up the heat for Leg 3? Suddenly, we all feel very "lucky" to be donating to the boys' retirement fund.

U2Girl1978 said:
I'm worried...I got 2 GA's in the presale and now 2 GA's in the general sale...Is ticketmaster going to take them away?

Your fine. They are two seperate events. I did the same thing for New Jersey.

i think they are all sold out

.... i got lucky today
4 GA's to Philly 10/17 (a friend and I scored them)
3 First Row 200 Level 10/16

I have a question and if someone could help me out by answering it i'd really appreciate it!
When I went to ticketmaster and clicked on "more Info" for the toronto show, I noticed that it said: "West End Stage with General Admission Standing Room on the Floor
Same Day Random Draw". What does same day random draw mean? I've never been to a U2 concert and i am hoping to get a pair of GA's. I'm unfamiliar with how General Admission works, so if someone could help me out i'd be very grateful!
Thank You!

U2_Fan_Forever1 said:
I have a question and if someone could help me out by answering it i'd really appreciate it!
When I went to ticketmaster and clicked on "more Info" for the toronto show, I noticed that it said: "West End Stage with General Admission Standing Room on the Floor
Same Day Random Draw". What does same day random draw mean? I've never been to a U2 concert and i am hoping to get a pair of GA's. I'm unfamiliar with how General Admission works, so if someone could help me out i'd be very grateful!
Thank You!

Actually, it's been established that that applies to the ticket sales - i.e., there will be a lottery when purchasing tickets; it doesn't apply to the actual GA line-up.

I tried for 1 best available at MSG, but the ticket was $169. I'm going twice on the first leg, so can't really afford that :(

May try for behind stage, etc..

i got lucky again, two to the 2nd MSG and 3 to the 4th MSG. i thought i lost the two to the second show because the ticketmaster site said they couldn't process my order, but then i still got a confirmation email. by the way it was much harder this time. i will probably be getting rid of one of the shows though, i dont want to go to a show on a week night. but i still need time to think.

Kinda stupid question but, if TM still lets you search for tickets and you don't get any tickets whatsoever after many many searches, is it totally sold out? Because if it is, why can we still search for tickets? Doesn't that mean there are still tickets for the show somewhere in their database or something? Sorry if that sounds dumb

cooldownmama said:
Kinda stupid question but, if TM still lets you search for tickets and you don't get any tickets whatsoever after many many searches, is it totally sold out? Because if it is, why can we still search for tickets? Doesn't that mean there are still tickets for the show somewhere in their database or something? Sorry if that sounds dumb

It's not a dumb question, but if you think about it, it's not going to know if there any tickets left UNTIL it tries to look for them first.

Holy SHIT. I had no idea the General Sale was on Saturday. I was hoping I'd get GA tickets to Los Angeles, because I couldn't secure any for the first leg. I was really looking forward to seeing a U2 show on the floor. :(

Worst. Day. Ever.

Back
Top Bottom