MERGED --> Oakland General Sale + Who got Oakland tix through tickets.com?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, so my brother and I have the same credit card number, same address, but obviously different names. He got 2 GA for Wed, I got 2 GA for Tues. Will our orders be cancelled? Or just duplicate? Or none?

passanis said:
Ok, so my brother and I have the same credit card number, same address, but obviously different names. He got 2 GA for Wed, I got 2 GA for Tues. Will our orders be cancelled? Or just duplicate? Or none?

I believe you're safe if they are for different shows.

I got GAs this morning for the Wednesday, 11/9 show. Hoping to trade them for GAs or good lowers for any of the following shows:
any of the May Chicago shows
any of the May Philly, MSG or New Jersey shows
12/10/05 Cleveland
any of the Dublin shows :) (you never know...)

My wife is due with our 2nd child in mid-October, so the only shows we can attend are those in May or in December. If I can't trade them, I'll sell them, but only as a last resort.
Please email me at swb9@yahoo.com if you're interested in trading. Thanks! Scott

god, i'm addicted!!!!
i just bought:

11/8
2 tickets: section 102
4 tickets: section 220 row 2

11/9
2 tickets: section 119

Thanks Reggie, I hope you're right.

So I get in at 9:59, have no idea what this waiting room B.S. is, but think I should have been in there hours ago. But my roommate gets in at 10:01 and gets GA coming up in multiple windows. I never got through until 10:20.

Something is definitely different with this tickets.com. I don't know if it's daylight savings or if they have some way to keep the scalpers out but tickets lasted *way* longer than L.A. for Nov.

kept trying for GA even though it said not available on the second night and they came through..

so for the Oakland shows both nights I will be on the Floor...

HardCoreR8R said:
kept trying for GA even though it said not available on the second night and they came through..

so for the Oakland shows both nights I will be on the Floor...

That's cool. I never saw the GA option after about 10:10.

I got section 110 and section 115 for shows for backup. I have GAs through the Concert Club but who knows if those will go through.

I was lucky and got GA's for both nights.

A little off topic but, if someone would like GA's I am willing to trade for some Canadian or spring east coast shows!

e-mail me at brejc@cogeco.ca with offers, thanks

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Boy I got my tickets, and I'm in the Eucker seats for the Tuesday show. Section 205, row 16!!!

Should I bring some oxygen along with me?!?!?!:huh:

I had almost those same seats for one of the Elevation tour shows and they were actually pretty good. They are at a steep incline so there is nothing obstructing your view. With binoculars you'll be able to see the sweat dripping off of Bono's face.

Did you guys get regular mail or fedex. I saw where it said if you get GA, they won't replace them. But i don't think that's legal.

Alli:
Oh I'll let hubby go to Oakland with our friend... I've seen U2 in Oakland enough times so I'm going to wait it out for Las Vegas ...and if Sac comes up... definitely!!!
God can't believe SJ2 is next Sunday OMG!!!!
What time you going to be there Alli? I am going to try to get there at 9am which is as early as we can get someone to come watch the toddler.

I forgot the switch to DST and didn't get to go online until 10:45AM, but I still got section 109 isle seats for the Tuesday show and a GA for the Wednesday show! :rockon:

Definitely better than the TM sale which gave me nothing but upper rearview seats. No virtual waiting, too! ;)

Yeah, and some good tix are still available as of 11:45AM!

SF Gal - not sure what time I'm getting to SJ. With my luck I'm not so confident I'll get in the bomb shelter. so i need to get there early enough to be close on the outside of it. I'll be at the pre-party so i'll ask when everyone else is getting there. Do you think people will be camping out?

i'll call you fri night to let you know the scoop :)

It's 1:50pm and there are still tons of seats available (no GAs though). Wonder why these shows aren't selling as quick?

I went to the Oakland Arena at 9am, thinking there would be a lottery but they did first come, first serve. The line moved quickly and I got two tix in sec 117, side of stage for 11/9.

I think I have to resort to Ebay for GA's to 11/8. Now I'm pissed I didn't try my luck online (it sure sounds easier).

There are tickets still available as of 2:20pm. Not sure why but I think someone here mentioned less advertising which might just be the case (that and they're playing here in less than one week).

I was so worried that I wouldn't get tix, but thankfully after twenty insane minutes on line I got two seats for 11/8 section 107 row 12. I am so freakin happy! This will be my first live U2 show. :D :D :D

I'm hoping they do announce a Sac show, cuz its two hours closer to me and then of course I would have to buy tickets for that show as well. ;)

Back
Top Bottom