MERGED --> Is there even a point to trying for MSG tickets on monday? + Who thinks we

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DPrinceNY

War Child
Is there even a point to trying for MSG tickets on monday?

Should I even waste my time skipping class to try and get tickets monday at 9am? What are my chances? honestly

I'd say try anyway. SOMEONE will get through. Why not give yourself the chance to be that someone?

At this point I can settle for anything even the mezzanine (all the way in the back) section. Is the 1 MSG show just gonna sell out by Monday or just GA will?

They have to add more MSG shows...

DPrinceNY said:
At this point I can settle for anything even the mezzanine (all the way in the back) section. Is the 1 MSG show just gonna sell out by Monday or just GA will?

They have to add more MSG shows...

The whole MSG concert will sell out almost instantly. And from the comments I've read, it's doubtful that another date will be added.
So if you want to try, good luck! :up:

Diane L said:
Would Continental Arena in New Jersey be okay for you? There's a bus from Port Authority in Manhattan that will take you there. That might be an easier ticket to get.

Yeah, plus there are two shows in NJ, not one. There doesn't look like there's any room on the schedule for another MSG show, anyway.

Yeah maybe NJ is the way to go. I dont see the logic in having 2 Continental Arena dates and only 1 MSG.
Practicly all of NYC wants to be ther May 21.

It's not far from Manhattan to the Meadowlands. I go to Giants Stadium all the time for Jets games.

Based on NY traffic, I'd say an hour tops. Maybe less.

it's a pretty easy ride, DP. me & friends have gone there to see U2 & Bruce since late 80's!
that is when there weren't asny NYC shows [like when u2 did Giant Stadium for ZOO TV], or we got shut out of NYC shows. So me & my friends will try for either as we have before!

Good luck to us all! :wave:

DPrinceNY said:

Do u know how long the trip is?

NYC to East Rutherford is only about 30 minutes at the most (with traffic). Without is like 15-20 minutes. If you drive on your own, you will be there in no time flat.

I'm thinking im going to get shit, like the whole gen. sale today, got nothing....anyway, im still going to give it a shot. Seriously, to be in madison square garden to see u2 is something I've always wanted to do, I'll take seats behind the stage. Do you think they'll add more dates on monday?

Popmartijn said:

The whole MSG concert will sell out almost instantly. And from the comments I've read, it's doubtful that another date will be added.
So if you want to try, good luck! :up:

Hmm... if it's unlikely they'll add another date, what's the reason behind it? Is MSG booked the day before or something?

I'm going to go to a ticketmaster outlet here in Kansas City. (KC only sells to certain markets : Some major midwest cities, LA, and NY). So I'm going to go there and snatch up some tickets (no wait in line).

Hopefully if I get GA's to East Rutherford I could possibly trade with someone who has GA's in Chicago and wants to switch.

The tickets are not for me. They are to help out any New York fans who aren't able to get tickets on Monday and also to aide me in getting Chicago tickets.

Of course, if I am unable to find anyone in NYC to trade tickets with, I'll just sell them at face value to whomever will be grateful:)

Jason

Definately try. The scalpers cant get ALL the tickets!! Nothing to lose for trying. Plus if they add a show there or NJ..you have a chance for those as well.

I am just so upset that U2 is playing MSG on my wedding day. I thought I had them all booked for the Cape that night. ;)

njelevation06 said:

NYC to East Rutherford is only about 30 minutes at the most (with traffic). Without is like 15-20 minutes. If you drive on your own, you will be there in no time flat.

no, no....it's more like4-5 hours....plus they let you off the bus in the swamp and you have to fight the alligators to get to the arena....I'd say stick with ny......:shifty:

just kidding.:wink:

DPrinceNY said:

Do u know how long the trip is?

i've taken the port authority bus to and from the meadowlands...

getting there? 10-15 minutes tops.

leaving? 15 to 30 minutes waiting on line for a bus, depending on how quick you get out of the building and your relative location to the loading area, followed by roughly a 30-40 minute bus ride back into manhattan.

overall, it's not so bad...

one thing to never do is take a taxi... i made that mistake once. there are too many cabbies that'll screw ya... i took a cab to giants stadium once from midtown... got in the cab and me and my friend told the driver "giants stadium," to which he responded "no sir i do not know where that is" to which he looked in his price book and said "40 dollars" and proceeded to drive to giants stadium without once looking or asking for directions.

a-hole

i took the bus home from that trip... bus is much better. 4 bucks and the driver speaks english.

Who's trying for NY or NJ shows tommorrow?

and what is your method going to be?

personally I'm going to try on the computer for a NJ show.

I think I've got a better chance of seeing a 3-legged ballerina than actually getting tickets though.

i'll be on the computer and the phone..got a couple coworkers who will be on the computer trying to help too.

i think i'll try for NJ online, and try the phone for a possible(?) 2nd MSG show?

Yeah why not. We'll see how both the phone and going online work out.

Plus U2 tickets were the only things my sister put on her birthday list, and I have been unsuccessful for any thus far. I can't believe she turned into a fan and then I couldn't get tix for her :p

me!! for MSG..I have school and both my parents work but my dad will go on the computer from work...i'm so scared we wont get!

question: if by some miracle I could get GA for MSG, how early do you think I would have to get there to be inside whatever they have(like the heart) or at the front?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom