MERGED->GA rules and setlist details posted! + why 2 lines + I'm gonna miss lining up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow! All of a sudden my lowers for 2 of the shows look absolutely GOLD. :ohmy:

And the 2 times I go GA? Well sorry folks, lottery works for me. I can actually enjoy my day now with the wife and kids.

This totally goes against what the idea of GA is? Didn't Paul say that they wanted GA to be the cheapest and based on the most committed fans. They might as well just put seats on the floor and charge 300 a ticket.

:up: FANTASTIC news. Exactly what I wanted to hear. Now I'll be able to see a bit more of Boston than the area around the Fleet Centre.

Yeah, and like you won't be hovering around the arena, making sure that if you aren't picked that you'll be first in the "non-egg" line

i wish they would jsut tell you right away if you would make the heart or not

then if you do you dont have to lineup, but if you dont then you know you need to

ultrraviolette said:
Here's the article if anyone missed it:

This set up SUCKS

I do not see this article anywhere on @u2.com; where is it located? It is not on news link or blog.

U2fan05 said:
Yeah, and like you won't be hovering around the arena, making sure that if you aren't picked that you'll be first in the "non-egg" line

Why would you hover around the arena? Say you get wristband #1 and you don't get selected in the random number generator. You're now #1 in line once the 200+guests go in.

I'm not going to be in GA this tour, but I have to say this setup looks pretty shhhiiitte to me.

Axver said:

Why would you hover around the arena? Say you get wristband #1 and you don't get selected in the random number generator. You're now #1 in line once the 200+guests go in.

so you could be the first one to be on the outside tip of the oval

which for elevation was the best spot to get

So people are really going to be clambering at 9am (or whenever your venue allows line-ups) in order to be low on the number list, say #1-50. That way if you're number isn't picked you'll still be first :| Is it going to be a mad stampede at 9am? :lol:

Then there would be camping out in the early morning and fighting to make sure you're first in line.

The random generator completely sucks! I mean why cant you go in the morning whenever and the first 400 people get into the heart and the rest after that get numbers and come back later and line up in order. i mean me and 2 friends have GA tickets, and if one of us is called to be in the heart we are going to have to choose 1 other person to come while the other is left out in the cold that is kind of rough.

That quote is off atu2.com board. And i totally agree.

Chizip said:

so you could be the first one to be on the outside tip of the oval

which for elevation was the best spot to get

Yes, but you already have wristband #1. You don't need to linger all day. If your number is called, good. If it's not, you're #1 in line and you can go straight to wherever you want. No lingering involved.

Though I agree it may cause chaos when the wristbands are given out.

Axver said:
Though I agree it may cause chaos when the wristbands are given out.

Actually, now that I think about it ...

Wristbands are given out at, let us say, 6am. 100 people turn up and clamber over each other to get these bands. Then let's say 25 of them get into the oval either via being chosen or being the friend of someone who did get picked. You then walk up and pick up #101. Even if you're not chosen by the generator, only 75 people are in front of you - and on Elevation, you could still get a good spot if you were that far back, couldn't you?

So I guess you can just sit back, watch the pandemoneum, then get your bracelet with minimal fuss and find yourself a good spot.

If #1 wristband becomes #1 in the non egg line, then you still have the same overnight camping problems, they want to avoid. Right after night 1 of a show, ppl will just stay onsite until the wristbands are handed out.

i wonder if the numbered wristbands in the morning will only be used to determine who gets in the heart, or if that number will also be used to who gets in first even if you arent in the heart

either way this just means people will line up earlier the night before to get that wristband...

After pondering this for a bit I'm curious about a few things.

Hypothetically, at 9am your venue starts giving out wristbands. You get #13, they tell you to come back at 4pm and the random drawing numbers will be posted. So you leave and come back, your number is not listed. If your #13 wristband means you are now #13 in line for the rest of GA, how in the WORLD are they going to get all 2,000 or more fans who have GA lined up in numerical order to get in?

Am I making sense? What will they do? Call out "number 474" etc etc all the way through the numbers to get people lined up in numerical order? :ohmy:

ultrraviolette said:
After pondering this for a bit I'm curious about a few things.

Hypothetically, at 9am your venue starts giving out wristbands. You get #13, they tell you to come back at 4pm and the random drawing numbers will be posted. So you leave and come back, your number is not listed. If your #13 wristband means you are now #13 in line for the rest of GA, how in the WORLD are they going to get all 2,000 or more fans who have GA lined up in numerical order to get in?

Am I making sense? What will they do? Call out "number 474" etc etc all the way through the numbers to get people lined up in numerical order? :ohmy:

ha ha, very true indeed- it will be impossible to get fans to line up in order
Just let the fans fight for there right to be in the oval, we dont need your lottery system!

Last edited:
this is just a stupid idea. its making more work for the venue organisers for one and its not fair at all. whats wrong with first come first serve???

ho9w are they supposed to make sure all the people that have been picked for the egg will come back in time anyway cos i would imagine those people need to eb let in first? they might not be too bothered and be out getting pissed or something...

whos idea was this hmmmm? :eyebrow:

I think it comes down to my organized notebook list. I have been patrolling the venue for the past couple of days. Today was the first day I met fans around the arena in Diego. I think that they should stick to first come first serve. Its going to be ugly come Monday morning. I am going to speak to someone tomorrow. Its confusing this way and creates problems. When I get back home from this show I will give out the # of one of the people who started this tread of GA Lottery shows. I think that its rediculous and its not Bruce Springsteen.:mad:

Super_Fan said:
I think it comes down to my organized notebook list. I have been patrolling the venue for the past couple of days. Today was the first day I met fans around the arena in Diego. I think that they should stick to first come first serve. Its going to be ugly come Monday morning. I am going to speak to someone tomorrow. Its confusing this way and creates problems. When I get back home from this show I will give out the # of one of the people who started this tread of GA Lottery shows. I think that its rediculous and its not Bruce Springsteen.:mad:

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :rockon:

THIS SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

like someone else said, this is too much work for the staff to do... I really hope this does not happen. When I talked to the event manager at the sports arena a couple of weeks ago I asked her whether they were going to do a lottery system and she said that she was not aware of it and had already talked to the u2 camp.

Super_Fan said:

Hey please post here if you get any info on this! I agree its gonna get ugly on monday. I am still worried that is going to be like last time and they are gonna open all the entrances and let it be a mad rush to the floor.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

Hey please post here if you get any info on this! I agree its gonna get ugly on monday. I am still worried that is going to be like last time and they are gonna open all the entrances and let it be a mad rush to the floor.

The venue does not care. I have left messages with Sarah the Event Coordinator for the arena. She is not responsible to at least get back to me. The Event Coordinator that I know personally for D.C. shows would get back to you. Looks like the arena has poor management. I think I will not get an answer. My suggestion is for people to sign the list with the # provided. Then take it from there at 9 a.m. There is no line up order if you get selected into the oval/egg. What about the people not selected where do they go? It sounds to me like they want selected people up front. I hope someone from the tour can answer these questions before giving out the first wristband. Its not fare and their not going to fill up the oval anyways . Last tour they selected people on the side railing into the heart once they figured out the heart was not filled up.

This blows.... I have GA's for both Glendale, AZ shows next month. If it's true they're going to give out lottery numbers in the morning and tell people who pick up lottery numbers to return later in the afternoon, that creates a bit of a problem Glendale Arena is on the FAR west side of town, about an hour drive drive from where I am on the southeast side of Phoenix. So let me get this straight... I have to spend an hour driving through morning rush hour traffic to get there just to pick up a lottery number, spend another hour driving back home, and then another hour to drive back there again later in the day? That's nuts! Especially with gas prices being what they are. If I'm going down there in the morning to pick up a lottery number, I'm staying. Anyone else driving to the arena from the other side of town to pick up their lottery number isn't going to want to leave either. If the reasoning behind this lottery system is to keep fans from waiting in line all day, it ain't gonna work!

Back
Top Bottom