MERGED --> ALL Concert Photography/Cameras Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zoomeranger said:
Haha. This reminds me of the Nov. 2 show in Philly on the elevation tour. We were all lined up and around 2pm these event staffers came to tell us that we couldn't bring any camera in with professional lenses because "pictures of Bono's crotch ended up on the internet and he must be lacking in that department because their management told us to be strict with this rule." I think those pictures were actually on PLEBA or something!

:lol: hardly lacking I'd say... :angel: I so remember that...scary times. Good, but a little scary.

I'm gonna be waaaay up in the 300 section in Chicago...is it worth it to bring a camera at all? can you even see the band from there :huh:

IS IT TRUE?? Are Cameras allowed for the U2 shows in Chicago???

IS IT TRUE?? Are Cameras allowed for the U2 shows in Chicago???

An Excited fan who is FINALLY going to a U2 concert for the FIRST TIME (i lived in Fargo, ND) where no one comes for a concert, except maybe Sher.

Where are you getting the camera's are Okay info? My tickets say "No Cameras/No Recorders" and the UC website says it too. I would love to bring one, but definitely don't want to get it confiscated or have to hike it back to the car.

I saw U2 in Denver twice in April. Both tickets said "no cameras/no recorders", but I got my digital camera in fine, and saw many other people with cameras. I believe they only object if you bring in more professional cameras.

edit: forgot to mention that I also saw U2 three times in Chicago back on the Elevation tour, and never had any problem getting my camera in.

During Elevation, cameras were allowed at every show I attended, just not video or audio recorders. The band doesn't mind you taking their pictures, they just don't want bootleg audios or audio visuals made. And they do not like flash bulbs in their eyes- or laser pointers.

A question bout flashes on disposable cameras:

I have no idea what speed the film is on those things. Would a disposable camera take lit up enough pics if I DON'T use the flash?

I don't want the 'illuminated head of the person in front of me' shots.

We brought disposable cameras into Pepsi Center in Dever in April with no problems. We were right in front on the rail, and the security staff would even get out of the way for our pictures. Everyone there said the ban only applied to professional cameras, and those with longer zooms.

cameras

I will be attending the show on Monday in Chicago and I will be sitting in secion 321 edge's side first row. My friend let me borrow his digital (pocket size) camera for the show because my mom's is way too big. Do they frisk you before you enter the arena? How easy or hard is it to get a smaler size camera into the arena. I mean how do the recorders get all they're equitment in...i don't think a small didgital camear would be a problem since i've seen everybody with a camera in the 2nd night san diego dvd

Answer to all questions about cameras in Chicago - you can bring them as long as their not a professional camera

i talked to the general manager of the UC in the GA line about the cameras, he was walking around answering questions, really nice guy. No one had a problem bringing theirs in.

(500 posts!)

Last edited:
Originally posted by learn2kneel
Answer to all questions about cameras in Chicago -
you can bring them as long as their not a professional camera

Yes, that is true !!
But also your camera must not be put on DISPLAY for everyone to
see while entering the UC. If you bring a camera with you, then
make sure to put it inside your jacket or a pants pocket or some
place out of view from the public ( in other words ... hide it !! )
The UC will tell you to return your camera to the car, if you
display it out in the open because they're not really supposed to allow cameras in the first place, since the tickets actually state this on them. I actually saw 2 girls leaving the venue because they had to take their camera back to their car, and the 1 girl had her camera hanging around her neck, in plain view for everyone to see. So, again as long as you do NOT display it, they will NOT force the issue about cameras. Several flashes were going off inside the UC last night, so people did manage to get them inside
by hiding them after all ... :camera: :applaud:

I am worried about bringing a camera tomorrow, because I'm afraid that the filming will mean that they will try extra hard to keep cameras out because of flashes.

Am I right to be worried about this?

Yes and no !!
If they do happen to find a camera on you ... they will simply tell you to return it to your car ... but as long as you hide it from the public view ... you will be able to get your camera inside ...
I wouldn't worry too much about the filming as it has been said that U2 will tape different segments of songs during their Chicago shows. So, there may be a good chance that your camera flash won't even get recorded ... Snap away !! :camera:

I got my camera in fine last night, for whatever reason, it didn't set off the hand-held metal detector (both my phone and my iPod did). I didn't mention that I had a camera in my pocket. :shrug:

I wonder if they consider a Canon EOS a pro camera...its just a normal SLR to me...

anyone taken something similar inside? admittedly, it's hard to stuff down your pants or in a pocket...maybe inside my jacket gunslinger style??

starsgoblue said:
I sat down today and calculated how much I have spent on U2 stuff these past 4 months and how much I plan on spending these next 4 with travel, tickets and everything else.....I nearly passed out.

so, it's not just me and paranoya...I think a lot of us would pass put every day i we think about it....

i went to the tuesday and thursday in chicago, and my camera in both nights no problem... i just brought a purse in and put the camera in a seperate pocket... they barely even looked! :wink:

I was kinda nervous about bringing my camera in to Chicago II but I thought screw it I'm just gonna show em so I even opened it up and said it wasn't a SLR one with a detachable lens and the guy was like "Yeah no problem, enjoy the show" :p

I was in GA and I saw a LOT of cameras, obvious ones just hanging around people's necks. The security were right there and didn't stop anyone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom