MERGED --> ALL Concert Photography/Cameras Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At the Dallas, Houston, and Austin shows during the Elevation tour, I was able to bring a disposal cameras in to all the shows.

Just as a note of interest... I had my press passes while in Chicago. I was able to go into the walkway between the heart and the platform of the heart for three songs. It was so nerve wracking that I got some pictures, but much better ones when I was in the heart for the entire show. Honestly - my hands were a little shaky from being so close and having Bono staring right at me. Cool for the experience - but I wouldnt go through the hassle again.

U2 concerts and cameras...

Are cameras accepted? I know on the ticketmaster website "no camera/audio" whatever...

I was wondering if it's possible to get a camera (digital, point and shoot) into the place?

reneedo said:
Did you already have GA tickets, or did that come with your press pass?

For Elevation in Oakland I had GAs and got a press pass from a French website and I filmed video clips for the website using my digital camera.

It was so funny because all day long I was kicking it with everyone in the GA line and then after U2 played Elevation & BD (I was right in front of Bono at the front of the heart) I went to get ready for Until The End Of The World in the area between the ramp and the heart and security was all "where do you think you are going?" and then i showed them my pass!

Then everyone in the heart looked at me and said "How did YOU get in there!?!" it was SO funny. As I was filming and taking pictures different guards would come up to me ready to toss me out but I would point to my pass and smile at them!

The best part was when all the photographers left at the end of UTEOTW.. I just showed my wristband and went back into the front of the heart!

Then a fan got up onstage and played guitar (he made them play A Sort Of Homecoming) and I filmed him too... that was cool!

Although I am worried about the "NO CAMERAS" on the tickets.... it all depends about what U2 say.
We'll find out after the first show but I suspect they will say:

no flashes, no professional stuff, no taping (if they do the iTunes thing) or else taping is fine.

You people, please check out this post: "Are you sneaking your digicam into a show?" under General Tour Discussions. You can go into a show with your camera for a great cause, now.

What do you think about bringing digital binoculars to the show. You are allowed binoculars and it would seem fairly easy to take pics without being suspected.

so how about a video camera. It'd be fucking awesome to video tape a show. My buddy's got a tiny video camera, with great quality, and I'd love to share the taping time with my friends and capture the show on tape

:D

i think it depends on the venue.
At the 2 SJ shows they didn't even pat me down!

I brought in my digital camera, and again filmed a bunch of movies and only got caught once!

The supervisor grabbed me and said "are you filming?" and I said "no! photos!"
and then took a quick shitty photo with a flash until she left me alone!
Then, a few minutes later, a lucky lady got on stage and danced with Bono during MWays so i HAD to film that! Luckily the supervisor didn't catch me then!

I think if the venue is lax, you can bring in a video camera, no problem!

I was never checked in San Jose for anything....actually no one I know who went were checked for anything.

San Jose no problem.. cameras were actually allowed.

And crap I totally forgot I have the ability to take movies on my camera :scream:

Sicy said:
San Jose no problem.. cameras were actually allowed.

And crap I totally forgot I have the ability to take movies on my camera :scream:

Yep...signs up in San Jose specifically saying that single-shot cameras were OK as long as they didn't have professional lenses.

so has anyone been patted down for a camera? I am going to try to sneek in two. One digital I just bought, and one film camera since I don't trust the digital one will give me pictures that are in focus

I received my tickets for Montreal 11/28 and it states on the front of the ticket that no cameras or recording devices are allowed. The fine print on the back mentions possible searches.

My question is: if I stuck a disposable camera down my pants, would it be found or set off a metal detector?? What do they normally do at the Bell Centre?

First U2 concert experience is in 7 months, 6 days *sigh*

I brought my digital camera to both Denver shows (I have an Olympus Camedia C-50 Zoom), even though signs posted at the Pepsi Center and our tickets clearly said 'no cameras'. The first night we had seats in the first row on one of the lower level side sections. There were about 3 or 4 blue shirted Pepsi Center employees within a few feet of me and directly between me and the GA peeps on the floor.

I shot pictures the entire night with them watching and they never said anything. I think all told I took a total of about 70 pictures over the two nights.

cameras at shows?

Going to my first of 2 shows on the tour in about a month, Boston 5/28; and have a question regarding what types of cameras people have been bringing. I brought a disposable to the Elevation show I went to, but I want to try to bring my small point and shoot digital this time, as our seats are further than on Elevation. Any experiences with security and what they'll let through? Thanks!

Apparently in Seattle 1, management gave the okay to cameras and everything went fine. Then, 15 minutes prior to doors opening, the staff came out and said that management wouldn't allow cameras to this show. Luckily, one of the staff told us just to stick our cameras in our pockets because they only did a bag search.

If you're not close to the stage, I wouldn't bother with the disposable. Just bring the digital. And if they decide to search for cameras, wear boots or baggy pants. Ultimately, my disposable went into my boot and my digital went down my friend's bum. Worked like a charm.

I laid out my camera for the world to see. They only check bags apparently.

It always depends on the venue though, some are stricter than others. I'd always depend on sticking it down your pants if need be.

Always Have A Plan B!!!

In your pants eh? :huh:

c930-1102b.jpg

I was really annoyed about that at Seattle. When I went by the GA to say hi to ruffian and the gang, there was this arena staff guy telling everyone "No cameras! Take your camera back to your car!", so I left mine in the hotel room because I didn't want to walk back in case they found it. I went in that first night, and they barely looked in my purse. I had really great seats that night too :(

I took my camera in the second night (the staff gave the same "no cameras" speech, but I just put it in my pocket :wink: ). But my first night seats were closer :(.

just put your camera in your cell phone case. I've been through metal detectors at concerts when my camera set it off, and I just told them it was my binoculars. Just don't go in through someone that looks like an offduty cop or a school teacher, they take their duties way too seriously. Go through guys that look like they go to concerts all the time.

Also, you can always put it in someone's purse. Then they put it inside a kotex, believe me they don't mess with that, none of them. U2 has been telling them to let us bring our cameras in I thought.

I always record concerts I go to, and I put the recorder in my purse in a zippered place they don't see, it's covered by a flap, and I always buy a new purse that is identical so I always have one. Again, always make sure to go through people that look like they go to concerts, not old retired Marines or offduty cops.

Also, before you go in, you should always watch what the particular people at each entrance are doing, and how closely they do it, or how nasty they are, and get a purse, it works wonderful.

Last edited:
digital cameras?

This may be a dumb question, or one that has already been answered but, "are we allowed to bring digital cameras into the show?" if so, can you for all venues or will some not allow it?

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

vertigo_mofo Out!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom