Memphis International Airport Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's winter here, and it was actually warmer in there than it was outside. It stays a steady 56 degrees or so in there year round. That's 13 celsius. It's actually really refreshing to go in there in the summer.

There were hardly any stairs down on the way in. Well, there's about 50 stairs down that lead in at the entrance, and then a lot of the main passageways just slope down with a few stairs here and there. That huge lot of 180 was killer though. It goes straight up Mammoth Dome, which is a big vertical passage. It's really pretty though.
It sounds great in there. :)
I can't believe I passed up the chance to go into the Buchan Caves after a field trip when I was at uni... Stupid me for trying to frantically finish off my geological map before we got on the bus and for being a tight-arse penny-pinching student. :banghead:

poster93320624np5.jpg

Just HAD to.

Yup. And not the usual gang of stupid questions. The ones that make me wonder if they're wearing a helmet on the other end.

It was Stupid Day at work for me yesterday, too... or rather, it was Stupid Day for everyone else (although I had my Stupid moments too), and I had to deal with it.
You'd think anyone working in an office would have some sort of basic knowledge of Excel, right? I dunno how common this sort of knowledge is, but I got an email from someone in a council who didn't know that when a number displays as something like "6.41+09..." it just means that the column is too narrow to show the whole number... :banghead:

The narrowest place on the tour we did was Fat Man's Misery, which got as narrow as a little over a foot in some spots, but it's actually only narrow below waist level. Above that it opens up at least a meter, so it's not so bad. I had to turn sideways at the narrow spots to squeeze my bigass hips through :lol:

Oh, and there's one place that's only a little over a meter high and you have to duck through it.

"Fat Man's Misery"... :lol:

I have decided that cuteness is a powerful force in evolution. Just when I'm ready to kill the damn bird, it crawls onto my leg under the computer desk and falls asleep, making cute twittery noises.
Then it wakes up and craps on me.

:grumpy:

I have decided that cuteness is a powerful force in evolution. Just when I'm ready to kill the damn bird, it crawls onto my leg under the computer desk and falls asleep, making cute twittery noises.
Then it wakes up and craps on me.

:grumpy:

I shouldn't laugh, but...:laugh: :cute: baby bird.

It was 40 by the time I got up at 11am. Bleh. Apparently that wind is really nasty.

Yikes. It still seems pretty cool inside my place; the fan isn't entirely necessary yet. Kind of tempted to take a walk outside to see just how bad it is out there ...

Yikes. It still seems pretty cool inside my place; the fan isn't entirely necessary yet. Kind of tempted to take a walk outside to see just how bad it is out there ...

You can weigh up the benefits of letting hot air into your house against appreciating the comparitive coolness therein...

Our AC's on, set to 27.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom