May 14th, Wachovia Center in Philadelphia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mrs. Edge said:
I would also like to know where people are staying...any suggestions?

There's a Holiday Inn close to the arena. $80 a night. Not fantastic looking, but at least cheap...

Anyone have better suggestions?

BonoIsMyMuse said:

There's a Holiday Inn close to the arena. $80 a night. Not fantastic looking, but at least cheap...

Anyone have better suggestions?

Theres hostels around town, a couple of them are real nice and they're relatively cheap.

www.hostels.com

oh, how about I started this thread and I didn't get tickets to Philly... how pathetic! maybe I'll just drive there and see if I can grab anything at the last minute. It's only four hours from home. :huh:

Hey guys,

I will be in Philly on the 14th. Scored some GAs so I will be in line like many of you. This is the only show I can get to because my wedding is on 5.21. So I won't get to see my boys here in Boston... I will be on my honeymoon. Trust me, I am not compaining! But if the lads want to skip MSG and play a wedding on the Cape, I am down!hehe.

This is my first show in Philly... I missed this east coast town during the Elevation tour. Looking forward to hanging with others online. If anyone wants to help me put my wedding crafting crap together, let me know! haha. :huh:

Me and my bud will be coming in from Cleveland for #2. Lucked out with GA's during the general sale. My first time in Philly. Can't wait.

Last edited:
Hi,

I will be at both shows and GA for the second show. I'm dragging my ever-tolerant husband along with me.

Any tips on doing the GA experience in Philly? anything special or peculiar that I need to know?

thanks, pas :)

DaRobRios said:
Get there early, get there VERY early.

How early is that? I have tickets for 5/22 and was thinking of showing up around 8 a.m. The friend who's going with me isn't a hardcore U2 fan, so I think she'd kill me over showing up any earlier...

For the 5/22 show, do you think we need to come up and get in line the night before? Come to think of it, since the show's on a Sunday, do you think people might be spending a couple of days on the pavement?:eeklaugh:

I'm thinking about getting to the stadium at least 5pm the day before. Its really not a hassel or an inconvenience, its what you make of it... last time we did it, it was like a party-like atmosphere, it was a good time.

The Holiday Inn sucks by the arena. There is nothing going on around there. All the arenas/stadiums in Philly are located right along I-95 so theres great access but thats about it. Go to South Street which is 3-4 miles away for the bar scene. Im not familiar with hotels bc I always drive in but I am sure there are some around. 334 South Street is the site of a local music venue (TLA) which is pretty close to everything . Typing that address in Travelocity or something and find hotels around.

For the club scene Delaware Ave is pretty much the place to go, which is 6-7 miles away from the arena.

Either way Society Hill in Philadelphia is pretty centrally located.

Oh yeah!! Along the way from the stadium to South Street or Delaware Ave pick up a Cheesesteak!

Hope this helps a little. Ill be GA for 5/14!!!!

thanks for the info, jammin. im driving up from dc for the show, but might decide to go out after the show instead of driving back that night.

the airport is pretty close to the arena too, if anyone is flying in.

Thanks for the head's up on the Holiday Inn, jammin. I was going to stay there just because it's cheap. Glad it's better to stay closer to downtown--that's where I plan to spend the rest of my trip anyway (well, besides the GA line...)

Working on this one . . . not sure though, considering that I pathetically have purchased 21 tickets to 7 different shows. No I'm not a scalper . . . and, yes, I'm a freak.

bubbly.gif

Sorry it's taken me a few days to reply, but thanks for all the 411 about Philly GA. I live on Delmarva about a 2 hour drive from the arena, so I think we're just going to drive up midday on Saturday and get in line. Maybe after making a cheesesteak stop first. But then again, are there bathrooms nearby?? :uhoh:
I'm SO READY for U2 to GET HERE!

Dude, I'm going to Philly again! My friend's girlfriend offered me her tickets tonight!!!!! The seats suck, but oh well.

Who's going out after the show!?

Update on the Philly gathering

I know, I know, fellow mods, maybe I shouldn't have started a new thread, but I didn't want this to get lost. ;)

Please check your e-mail if you previously expressed interest in the Octagon/Interference Philly gathering. I've e-mailed about a dozen people to the e-mail addresses Interference has on file for you. If you received the e-mail in error, please let me know; also, if you've previously discussed your interest with me but did not receive an e-mail, please let me know VIA E-MAIL (not PM, as my PM box is getting full and it's harder to organize):

paxetaurora@interference.com

I cannot emphasize this enough...PLEASE do not PM me! :wink:

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Philly 5/22

I'm going to Philly 2! Sec. 110. It'll be a weekend on the bus. :lol: (DC to NY on the 21st, then NY to Philly and back home).

Anyone know a good, cheap place to spend the night?

Philly shows

I will 100% be at the second show. Although I dont have tickets yet there is no way I will miss it. Any interferencers with 2 extras please let me know. Maybe we all can coordinate a pre or post show gathering.

Re: Philly 5/22

dizzy said:
I'm going to Philly 2! Sec. 110. It'll be a weekend on the bus. :lol: (DC to NY on the 21st, then NY to Philly and back home).

Anyone know a good, cheap place to spend the night?

I'm going to Philly #2 as well and I live in Arlington, vA as well!

Weird!

haven't decided on my mode of transportation as of yet!

after the show

Just thought i would throw out an after show idea. I used to work at a bar on 2ed and Pine called the Dark Horse Pub. The owners are from Irelandand huge U2 fans. Cool pub, good jukebox. Il be there after the show. Anyone interested let me know!!

Re: Re: Philly 5/22

skjuls said:

I'm going to Philly #2 as well and I live in Arlington, vA as well!

Weird!

haven't decided on my mode of transportation as of yet!

Haha, it is weird. Do you have GA? Mine's Sec. 110.

:D Let me know if you're interested in taking the bus too.

Back
Top Bottom