Manchester 1 Setlist Party Part 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry if this has already been addressed. What time do the European shows start? I know that the NA shows started at around 8pm and the band came in at 9 or so.

bridonohue said:
i might be proven wrong in 20 minutes, but i think they will play crumbs at Live 8, and that's it. no other time on the tour.

Nope they won't play Crumbs on Live 8, unless they have played it a few times on the tour - too dangerous :)

bostonguy said:
Hmmmm...amazingly enough, work & a setlist party don't mix well:ohmy:

I'd like to hear Crumbs but wouldn't lose any sleep if it wasn't played.

Any chance Bad closes this show??

Bad = best closing song ever:up: IMHO:wink:

I've never seen Bad close, but apparently when it did close the audience sang 40 at the end, sounds pretty blissful to me... probably the best part of my whole U2 show was singing 40 after the band had already left :yes: (I know, that sounds weird, but you have to experience it to understand). And seeing/hearing the best version of Bad ever :drool:

Alas, they will probably close with Vertigo, and we'll have approximately 396.67 new "Vertigo x 2 SUCKS" threads.

VertigoGal said:
yeah, why can't they just do Please-->Streets instead of Pride-->Streets? seems like that would work much better and it wouldn't screw up their setlist that much...

Please--->Streets... :drool: That was probably the greatest thing ever. Oh god, if they brought that back...

Vertigo
I Will Follow
Electric Co.
Elevation
New Years Day
Beautiful Day
City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
LAPOE
SBS

VertigoGal said:
yeah, why can't they just do Please-->Streets instead of Pride-->Streets? seems like that would work much better and it wouldn't screw up their setlist that much...

A setlist without Pride??? :no:

Pride :heart:

U2Man said:

They ARE playing it forever....

Good :D

Seriously, with all that's going on in the world right now, it's more relevant to me personally. I remember singing along to it at Boston 3 and feeling really angry about the direction the US has been going, the war, etc.

But that's just me, don't want to turn this into FYM at all :reject: Just a personal opinion, please don't flame :sad:

Vertigo
I Will Follow
Electric Co.
Elevation
New Years Day
Beautiful Day
City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Love & Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky

Been to first two European Shows an and Vertigo twice didn't suck at all. They start in the light, so COBl or LAPOE as an opener would be wasted. And they have to start with a "bomb"-song, I think. Yahweh wouldn't work.

Would be worse if they played Bullet twice.

daygloeyes2 said:

A setlist without Pride??? :no:

Pride :heart:

They could put Pride after Streets, which is where it was traditionally placed anyway. I guess then they'd have to sacrifice a song from the encore (or not play One, but that's unlikely, and it would suck, cuz One is my favourite song ever) but anything for Please...:drool:

kellyahern said:

Good :D

Seriously, with all that's going on in the world right now, it's more relevant to me personally. I remember singing along to it at Boston 3 and feeling really angry about the direction the US has been going, the war, etc.

But that's just me, don't want to turn this into FYM at all :reject: Just a personal opinion, please don't flame :sad:

Then I guess you also like them playing Bullet the Blue Sky now?

AtomicBono said:

They could put Pride after Streets, which is where it was traditionally placed anyway. I guess then they'd have to sacrifice a song from the encore (or not play One, but that's unlikely, and it would suck, cuz One is my favourite song ever) but anything for Please...:drool:

:drool: I love Please

AtomicBono said:

I just love Pride though, holds a soft spot in my heart. :love:

Vertigo
I Will Follow
Electric Co.
Elevation
New Years Day
Beautiful Day
City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Love & Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running to stand still (OK, this is 99% sure:))

Padam said:
Been to first two European Shows an and Vertigo twice didn't suck at all. They start in the light, so COBl or LAPOE as an opener would be wasted. And they have to start with a "bomb"-song, I think. Yahweh wouldn't work.

Would be worse if they played Bullet twice.

they could open with ABOY to avoid the vertigo twice thing

I have never been a Bullet fan, but after this tour I have changed my mind... The two snippets and Edge's mad solo is really great!

New material goes pretty well with the crowd, playing 4 new songs in a row:

City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Love & Peace Or Else

AtomicBono said:

I've never seen Bad close, but apparently when it did close the audience sang 40 at the end, sounds pretty blissful to me... probably the best part of my whole U2 show was singing 40 after the band had already left :yes: (I know, that sounds weird, but you have to experience it to understand). And seeing/hearing the best version of Bad ever :drool:

Alas, they will probably close with Vertigo, and we'll have approximately 396.67 new "Vertigo x 2 SUCKS" threads.

I was at Boston 2. Bad was incredible and the crowd was singing 40 at top volume for a couple of minutes after they left the stage. One of my top U2 live moments of all time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom