LP14: Songs of Experience - To Valencia and Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stab at the lyrics "I've got everything but I feel like nothing at all. Got a golden ring and the return man on the phone".

And it's taken down...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Last edited:
Damn. And I was already looking forward to hearing it again when I get home...

Last edited:
I haven't listened to it (other than the dog) and don't plan on it but cool that it's catchy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After "I got a golden ring" it sounds like he sings "and a reason not to call".

Getting the last album out of the blue was great, but there's something very fun about this more traditional release.

Getting a beach clip, then lead single, then wondering what the rest of the album will have to offer etc... I'm loving the suspense/anticipation!

Judging on what I can perceive due to the quality of the clip, I'd say that this is the cousin-song of "The Crystal Ballroom": the tempo, the atmosphere, the drumming, Bono's singing melody... I'd say that the band noticed the way TCB was well received, or better received than some of the album tracks, and maybe decided to pursue that path for one song (at least).

Judging on what I can perceive due to the quality of the clip, I'd say that this is the cousin-song of "The Crystal Ballroom": the tempo, the atmosphere, the drumming, Bono's singing melody... I'd say that the band noticed the way TCB was well received, or better received than some of the album tracks, and maybe decided to pursue that path for one song (at least).
I thought the same - That, and Ordinary Love. Which seems to be their biggest hit outside of EBW from the last 10 years

They're taking notes

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I like it. If it's the Crazy Tonight of album I think we are doing alright. Hard to hear the intricacies of the guitar.

"The Best Thing" ?

The more I listen to it the more I enjoy it. I don't care if it's a typical dance track, I love the melody and above all the upbeat vibe!

It's nice to have a tune like that again - haven't had an upbeat, celebratory lead single since Beautiful day, and I've really missed that vibe from the band. Vertigo and Boots were 'cool', Miracle was angry/defiant sounding, whereas this is... Joyful.

I really hope this vibe continues through the album.

With the understanding that you can hardly hear the music and only make out some lyrics and melody....I like what I hear and it makes me that much more excited to hear the new songs.

Haha I just posted the same comparison on a different forum. I love the groovy feeling. And I thought CB was one of the best songs on SOI and one of their most interesting songs post-POP. Would be great if they really did pay attentio to the reception of some songs but I don't think that's the case here. If it was they would have played CB more often on the tour.

It's a sad song. That you can dance to.

Kind of like a Death Metal song that gets played at a wedding? I'm kidding, but that was my first thought when I read your post.

Someone please answer the other poster's question a few pages back about "beach clip" history, I'd try, but it'd be effed up.

Guy O'Seary (sp?) is sitting in a bar somewhere watching Google search counts for "beach clip songs of experience" ... planned, but fun and interesting none the less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom