LP14: Songs of Experience - To Valencia and Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We should, however, keep in mind that these beach clips have happened without imminent albums before. The 2006 clips only came before U218; of them, only WITS was really released (though another one was Boy Falls From The Sky).

And I'm not sure about the 2004 clips. I seem to remember them dating to the scrapped pre-Lillywhite version of Bomb, but I could be misremembering.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

True but if I recall none of those were shut down especially within hours. We could be on to something here.

It's gotta be the single it they're pulling it..

But, the single is still weeks away. Don't read into the timing

They definitely didn't pull the beach clip of The Troubles within hours. That clip was about two months before SOI came out.

Last edited:
All very interesting.

One thing is fairly certain - it doesn't sound like they are 'not yet finished' - and the fact they are on vacation tends to indicate it is in the can.

Also - did anyone capture the clips? In sure versions will be floating around soon - hopefully this third clip materialises

Haha I just posted the same comparison on a different forum. I love the groovy feeling. And I thought CB was one of the best songs on SOI and one of their most interesting songs post-POP. Would be great if they really did pay attentio to the reception of some songs but I don't think that's the case here. If it was they would have played CB more often on the tour.

To be honest, TCB was one of the tracks I enjoyed more from the last sessions, but I didn't like the way they played it live and the way they delivered it: it felt messy, with too much pre-recorded stuff (and not well disguised in the mixing, too noticeable), so I'm glad they didn't play it more.
I'd rather have Reach Me Now, which they never gave a chance.

Very interesting groove, almost would call it smooth if that makes sense. If this is an album track, will be curious to see where it fits in with the supposedly rockers. Either way, the end is near for SOE.

I'm not a fan of the production. Too watered down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure he/she is bitching but the song just does not sound like it would translate live. i'm going into Soe with low expectations and hope to be surprised. Even a U2 album that does not meet outrageously high expectations that I have is still better than most new music.

Yeah all good - just want to make sure they get captured because they keep disappearing

Keep in mind that Noel Gallagher seems to be in Eze. Bono might be showing him some new music. I don't think he'd choose a b-side.

Thanks for the new links. The "clyp" link from yesterday is down as well, as is the facebook link a few posts up. So my understanding is that the 3 beachclips posted on facebook yesterday, out of which I could listen to one only, are all the same song, but different recordings? One with the dog, the cleaner recording and the one on clyp yesterday (which was longer than the "clean" recording posted above where someone turned down the volume ;) )?! If the longer version is still around I'd love to listen to it again in case someone's got a new link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom