LP13 Discussion - Rock Bottom: Still No F#@&*ng News!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some speculation going on at the @U2 forums. Take a look:
New Album In (Anyone Care To Make A Guess?) Thread!
I was reading the NY Times today and there was an article about BitTorrent using a paywall to sell music for a yet-to-be named major artist, which would be a new way to sell and distribute music. This is just me hypothesizing, but perhaps U2 could be this artist? It could make sense, especially if Bono wants to distribute the music in a new, "groundbreaking" way, as he seems to have stated and implied earlier this year. It could also try to engage a younger, "hipper" audience. Just a thought I had while reading.
New York Times said:
In September, BitTorrent will precede Mr. Weber’s foray by inserting a paywall — something it has been avoiding — in one of its so-called bundles. These are downloads that for the last year have been used by musicians, graphic novel publishers and others to offer their work or promotional material in return for nothing more costly than a user’s email address. The new paywall will permit access to a music bundle from what the company says will be a major artist, still to be named.

When the paywall option is in place for bundles, the artist will charge a fee, not BitTorrent. The site, as the host and distributor, will take a cut — adding a revenue stream, and perhaps genuine growth potential, if Mr. Weber, the still unnamed musician or musicians, or others can deliver a hit.
BitTorrent to Try a Paywall and Crowdfunding
Another user is also saying that U2's involvement with BitTorrent would seem plausible, mostly because Madonna used it last September for her 'Secretprojectrevolution' video.

Thoughts?

Perfect songs on POP the way they are:

Please

These tracks should never ever be fucked around with.

Disagree here and maybe because I love the song so much live I feel it could be much better with some polish..even just whatever they did live with outtro etc..like segue into the next track or whatever.

I agree with your other tracks tho to a large extent. DYFL is as fine a track as they've ever put out in the 90s, IMO.

Oddly enough, in reference to Digitize's 2 mentioned, Id probably leave them alone for the most part. LNOE sounds about as radio-ready as possible and IFWSHA has the right vibe for its context.

Disagree here and maybe because I love the song so much live I feel it could be much better with some polish..even just whatever they did live with outro etc..like segue into the next track or whatever.

I prefer the live version of Please, but that's because of the flawless transition into Streets. The album version is great too.

:drool:

What's the difference between a Scotsman and a Rolling Stone?

A Rolling Stone says, "Hey, you, get offa my cloud!"

A Scotsman says, "Hey, McLeod! Get offa my ewe!"

/rimshot

Sent from my fingertips.

I'm sure it's an old one but I don't think I've ever heard it before, that's funny :)

Some speculation going on at the @U2 forums. Take a look:
New Album In (Anyone Care To Make A Guess?) Thread!

BitTorrent to Try a Paywall and Crowdfunding
Another user is also saying that U2's involvement with BitTorrent would seem plausible, mostly because Madonna used it last September for her 'Secretprojectrevolution' video.

Thoughts?

Not impossible... but could easily be any number of major artists.

I don't know if U2's demographic is exactly what they're looking for, though.

We're old.

Better not mention overproduction to Axl Rose. It took him two decades to finish GnR's last album. Makes 5 years look like nothing.

He also replaced his entire band.

Bono hasn't replaced Edge with Buckethead yet, though if he thought his bucket contained a 12 piece he probably would.

I'm usually good for one "Holy shit the new U2 album is out!!!!!" dream a month... then I wake up.

Yesterday was that night. :/

Also agree with recent comments about Do You Feel Loved. Such a fantastic, under appreciated song. Whatever that guitar/synth effect that breaks the song in at 15 seconds is pure brilliance.

He also replaced his entire band.

Bono hasn't replaced Edge with Buckethead yet, though if he thought his bucket contained a 12 piece he probably would.

He didn't replace the entire band. Dizzy is still there. :lol: Plus, Buckethead is long gone. They've got Bumblefoot instead. :wink:

Disagree here and maybe because I love the song so much live I feel it could be much better with some polish..even just whatever they did live with outtro etc..like segue into the next track or whatever.

I agree with your other tracks tho to a large extent. DYFL is as fine a track as they've ever put out in the 90s, IMO.

Oddly enough, in reference to Digitize's 2 mentioned, Id probably leave them alone for the most part. LNOE sounds about as radio-ready as possible and IFWSHA has the right vibe for its context.

I can't stand the single version of Please but I do love the live version. I think they tried to capture the live version by releasing the tooled up single version but failed miserably.

The version on the album has a restraint to it and set of effects that are perfect for the song and to fit in with the other songs on the album.

But he hired Buckethead during the recording of Chinese Democracy which is what we were refering to, I'm aware he split some time ago.

Yes sir! I think I like the name Bumblefoot over Buckethead. That would almost be like Bono firing Edge and hiring someone called Ledge. :lol:

Oh, come on. You don't have to follow U2's business stuff in any kind of way to know that Paul has resigned from his management duties and Guy Oseary is handling U2 now. It was all over the media for weeks and all over fan sites and forums, heavily discussed.
Why would anyone who is not actively participating in a U2 forum have known anything about this?

The world does not revolve around U2.

Anyone else expecting/hoping for a few small club style gigs later this year to get things going? The boys will definitely be a bit rusty.

Wait, did I hear that correctly in that Paul McGuinness is no longer manager of U2? I owe someone money now on a lost bet.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Not a fan of "If God Will Send His Angels." That's near the top of my worst U2 songs.

Zimmy! you're the source of the July 18 rumour from the atu2 forum!

was it all BS? c'mon you can tell us... we wont tell the atu2ers..:wink:

Unintentional BS. The comments are clearly BS and I even acknowledged my prediction was baseless and could not be supported. Quite surprised they made it this far.

:fist: damn you!

y'all can blame me for bringing the July 18 thing here :shifty:

:fist: damn you!

y'all can blame me for bringing the July 18 thing here :shifty:

These were the two comments I made:

1) I legitimately believe the album will be confirmed by July 18th. I have no support, but I never felt strongly about any other date.
2) My gut is telling me by July 18th, we will hear something definitive from someone more credible than Bono.

These were the two comments I made:

1) I legitimately believe the album will be confirmed by July 18th. I have no support, but I never felt strongly about any other date.
2) My gut is telling me by July 18th, we will hear something definitive from someone more credible than Bono.

and when someone asked you if you were messing with us, and heard voices in your head, you said

The voice in my head is a friend in the music industry who says something is cooking.

hence the subsequent over-analyzing, conjecture and supposition :nerd:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom