Le Tampon, Réunion Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I also hope the next album tanks on the charts. I know some people on EYKIW seem to be personally invested in U2 outselling everybody to prove they are the bestest band evar, but I think we'd all be happier if getting tickets weren't such a nightmare. If the public stopped caring and U2 had to play smaller venues that sold out slower, that's a win for us. And they're big boys; they should be able to hack the ego hit.

Calvin didn't specifically, and Calvin's Geneva actually had - for its time - some of the most equitable laws surrounding issues such as adultery and divorce. However, the Scottish Reformers had a tendency to fall in with Calvin's thinking, so I wouldn't be shocked if you're thinking of a Calvinist.

You're probably right. This is what I get for not finishing my journal while I could actually remember all these things.

Edge is crestfallen.
"Well I don't care. I'm taking my guitars and going home and starting my own band, so there!" *pout*

Larry smiles and renames U2 the Larry Mullen Band. Their next tour is with Westlife as co-headliners and thousands of 13 year old groupies follow the band from city to city.

You're probably right. This is what I get for not finishing my journal while I could actually remember all these things.

I should be able to remember some names to throw at you, but it seems my brain's functioning on Kiwi history right now, not Scottish.

Oh, Knox was one of the Scottish Reformers ...

Curse you.

What did you expect? I'm a male, thus I can inherently go from fast asleep to ready to walk out the door in two and a half minutes.

(Actually, I thought all that "women are teh slowz0rz at getting ready" stuff was a myth until I discovered Kate took half an hour to get ready for things.)

I also hope the next album tanks on the charts. I know some people on EYKIW seem to be personally invested in U2 outselling everybody to prove they are the bestest band evar, but I think we'd all be happier if getting tickets weren't such a nightmare. If the public stopped caring and U2 had to play smaller venues that sold out slower, that's a win for us. And they're big boys; they should be able to hack the ego hit.

That's a big assumption...

What, U2 hasn't floated on the share market yet? Maybe the delay is just because of the market crashing.

That's a big assumption...

What, U2 hasn't floated on the share market yet? Maybe the delay is just because of the market crashing.

Hahaha, I can't wait for the finance news: "... and today, the value of U2 dropped 300%."

I should be able to remember some names to throw at you, but it seems my brain's functioning on Kiwi history right now, not Scottish.

Oh, Knox was one of the Scottish Reformers ...

That rings a bell...

Here's a link to that SBS cover, if you're curious...
triple j : Robbie, Marieke and The Doctor

link is at the top of the page. There's a bunch of banter and Bono-bashing before the song starts.

What did you expect? I'm a male, thus I can inherently go from fast asleep to ready to walk out the door in two and a half minutes.

(Actually, I thought all that "women are teh slowz0rz at getting ready" stuff was a myth until I discovered Kate took half an hour to get ready for things.)

It only takes me so long cos I shower for an age. I can get dressed and out the door very quickly once I'm clean. No fiddling with hair or makeup. :up:

Something else for EYKIW to freak out about.

Suddenly, we'll have stock market experts who've never even read the finance page of the local tabloid rag.

(Seriously, I love in the Ian McCulloch thread that people are bashing Echo And The Bunnymen despite never having HEARD anything by them. OK, so McCulloch is an angry wanker. That's FUNNY, people. Not offensive.)

It only takes me so long cos I shower for an age. I can get dressed and out the door very quickly once I'm clean. No fiddling with hair or makeup. :up:

I used to take forever to shower, but now I have such a dodgy hot water tank that I'm lucky if I get 2-3 minutes before the water goes ice cold. :grumpy:

I couldn't figure out what the fuck Kate was doing, since she never wore anything overly complicated nor much makeup. I once asked her and got absolutely no useful information out of her beyond "it just takes that long". Riiiight.

John Knox founded the Presbyterian denomination, and I know he died in Edinburgh ...

Ah, cool, thanks. :up:

I can't remember any of the words or names right now, but there was a lot of activity to do with all that around where my friend there lives, near Glasgow. Her local castle was part of it, and there's a memorial to someone who got lynched there or something.

I was supposed to leave 5 minutes ago... better go do something.

Suddenly, we'll have stock market experts who've never even read the finance page of the local tabloid rag.

(Seriously, I love in the Ian McCulloch thread that people are bashing Echo And The Bunnymen despite never having HEARD anything by them. OK, so McCulloch is an angry wanker. That's FUNNY, people. Not offensive.)

I didn't have any idea who he was until now... and I've never heard Echo and the Bunnymen either. Unlike EYKIW, I'm happy to keep my ignorance and total lack of opinion to myself. :wink:

I didn't have any idea who he was until now... and I've never heard Echo and the Bunnymen either. Unlike EYKIW, I'm happy to keep my ignorance and total lack of opinion to myself. :wink:

Echo and the Bunnymen were U2's contemporaries in the post-punk movement, and probably the more acclaimed and accomplished band pre-War. But then they had their problems while U2 released JT, and the rest is history. Ian McCulloch, their frontman, is an angry man who hates everything and called Bono a "soddin' mountain goat". He's awesome.

I can't remember any of the words or names right now, but there was a lot of activity to do with all that around where my friend there lives, near Glasgow. Her local castle was part of it, and there's a memorial to someone who got lynched there or something.

I was supposed to leave 5 minutes ago... better go do something.

Ahh. I think there was some controversy involving Knox and some queen, but I've no idea of the details right now, or if it's got anything to do with what you're thinking of!

Hah. At this rate, you might as well make the Yorkeys Knob thread before you go too!

Oh FUCK.

I think my mother took my wallet back with her to Queensland!

OK, Mum doesn't have it. Fuck. Maybe it's in the hire car they had ... will have to call the company first thing tomorrow.

Ah, hello Ax. How are things going on that unfortunate side of the globe that U2 doesn't care about?

Not so spectacular, but I'm going out soon so at least I'll hopefully have a fun evening. How are things in the one country U2 is obsessive about?

And I see you've finally moved on from Kunstmuseum sigs - just as I start thinking about one of my own. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom