Last song of the night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the extended version of kite from the last part of the vertigo was awesome. wish i could have experienced that here in the states. dont think they're going to do that again. would love to hear love is blindness.

the extended version of kite from the last part of the vertigo was awesome. wish i could have experienced that here in the states. dont think they're going to do that again. would love to hear love is blindness.

Seeing as how Kite was so good as a closer, and that the US and Europe never got treated to it, I reckon there's a chance they will close with it.

Depends if they want to close with a NLOTH song or not. If not then Kite would be the best choice, by far. The whole world deserves it.

How about this? It just hit me last night. To end the show.....Cedars of Leb...not the entire song.....the whole beginning and up till the first "return the call from home" then a slow fade into 40, crowd rocks it,:applaud:and we all go home singing!!

I think Unknown Caller would make a cool closer. Its got that uplifting mood and Edge could rip it up for a good 2 minutes to close off the show

How about this? It just hit me last night. To end the show.....Cedars of Leb...not the entire song.....the whole beginning and up till the first "return the call from home" then a slow fade into 40, crowd rocks it,:applaud:and we all go home singing!!

Oh. That would be magnificent. Good thought!

MOS + Unknown Caller + Streets = end of main set

Magnificent + Breath + Kite = end show

:bow:

How about an encore of
...Crazy...
Stuck In A Moment
One Step Closer

Two nice mid paced singalongs followed by a quiet atmospheric ending? I loved Love Is Blindness as the closer on the Zoomerang tour...

i vote for "Moment Of Surrender". they could literally do a 10 minute version if they extended Edge's solo and outro.

Moment of Surrender would be a perfect finishing song.

Please don't put Streets last! it needs to be where it always is as through a live show the first few songs are always mad then it always seems to dip a bit in the middle then you just hit the whole stadium with the intro to streets and everyone get back up 4 it again

Would be nice to see the closer rotated a bit. The traditionalist in me would go for 40 but WOWY was an amazing way to end one of the MSG shows last time out. Could also go with the Streets idea. I'm sure it will be great whatever they use :drool:

'moment of surrender' it has to be so they better get
there boots on and start rehearsing it soon:D:applaud::up:

i would even play the 6 chord keyboard parts if they
needed a hand :hyper: lol
(let me in the sound)

Here are songs I'd like to hear as closer:
Moment of Surrender or Kite

I'm scared they'll finish with: Vertigo

-Would be cool to close with MOS
-Bono leave the stage, band plays 1-2 minute more
-Band leaves, lights off
-Crowd cheer
-1 minute later blast through Vertigo
-Goodnight

I have never understood why they don't close with Walk On, it is so fitting for a closer. That or 40 would be the 2 best imo.

they closed almost the entire Elevation Tour with Walk On. If they used it every time on every tour it'd get real lame and predictable. like Gn'R closing every damn show with Paradise City. Boring.

I think the best closer ever would be Where the Streets Have No Name but I picture that more for the final tour ever. I think MOS would eb the ideal choice to close with on this tour

U2 played '40' as the last song in 2005 in Philadelphia. I thought that was a great way to end the show.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom