Kite for George Harriosn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ishkash

War Child
His ashes are being taken to Varanasi where they'll be sprinkled into the Ganges.People over there are writting their short messages on a black Kite and would releasing the Kite as a symbol for his soul to fly freely.Its a spectacular sight.

So all you George Harriosn fans who want your names to be on those Kites, just send a mail with your 2-3 line mesage,name and location to ishkash@rediffmail.com.(please make it really small, cause it would be cut and paste job.I'd be using 10 kites.)

Varanasi is my hometown, even if I'm not there one of my cousins would be "letting go" the kite when his urn arrives over there.

Oh by the way its for George Harrison not for George Harriosn.So all you Harriosn fans I apologise.

[This message has been edited by ishkash (edited 12-08-2001).]

This is really cool, ishkash. I'll be sending you an email shortly.
smile.gif

------------------
There's heat in the sun to see us through the rain

Hi ishkash, last night on Australian TV, on my fave show RAGE, they played 5+hours of film clips from The Beatles and their individul careers. Quite an archive.Very moving. I am just finding Beatles pics to make a cover for the tape to give to a friend tomorrow. I'll be at a gathering with a couple of very dedicated George fans. Can I extend your offer to them? I'll keep it short as requested
biggrin.gif
,and send it Tuesday a.m, I hope that's not too late.Thanks.

All things must pass, free as a bird.

PS:There was so much going on I never got a chance to extend your offer. He is thought of though. Thanks anyway ishkash.

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 12-10-2001).]

George was my favorite Beatle and I'm still having a tough time with this. I'm sending you an email...

------------------
Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly

cass,
Its for George Harrison and his fans, so anyone can contribute.I have one great personal news,but I wont jump into anyhting without confirmation.

Please include you forum handle in the subject if you're from here.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by ishkash (edited 12-09-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom