Khan, Rajasthan, India Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver, go outside and swing it around by the cord. My dad did that with this old VCR of ours and it lasted another few months.

:lol:

I just remembered the earliest beep of the day came when I had far too little memory left on my hard drive. It was a single beep and I deleted a whack of stuff, probably almost a gig, so that I could transfer on some videos, including the one I played that caused the beeping to become incessant. I'm wondering if the hard drive is overloaded? I'm going to transfer a stack of stuff to my external drive.

But I just had it shut down for a few minutes there, and I noticed that it didn't start beeping until XP had fully loaded and it went from the loading screen to the welcome then the desktop.

:lol:

I just remembered the earliest beep of the day came when I had far too little memory left on my hard drive. It was a single beep and I deleted a whack of stuff, probably almost a gig, so that I could transfer on some videos, including the one I played that caused the beeping to become incessant. I'm wondering if the hard drive is overloaded? I'm going to transfer a stack of stuff to my external drive.

But I just had it shut down for a few minutes there, and I noticed that it didn't start beeping until XP had fully loaded and it went from the loading screen to the welcome then the desktop.

It could be a RAM issue. Did you receive any warning messages? I'm on XP, and it warns me when a drive needs to be cleaned out.

It could be a RAM issue. Did you receive any warning messages? I'm on XP, and it warns me when a drive needs to be cleaned out.

Yes, I was told I was low on memory, hence the removal of the files earlier. That came with the first, isolated beep. Didn't get any sort of warning before this series of beeps began.

A Google search indicates this is likely a memory problem, though.

Fuck, I have NO idea what to do now.

Yes, I was told I was low on memory, hence the removal of the files earlier. That came with the first, isolated beep. Didn't get any sort of warning before this series of beeps began.

mac ftw

Does your computer have a normal POST (one isolated beep)?

This can tell you what to look for:

Computer Post / Beep codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom