Kaikoura, Te Wai Pounamu, Aotearoa (Kia Kaha, Aroha to all) Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That moment when you think you know nothing about something but actually know a thing or two.

She bluffed as well as I did. Quoted me verbatim at times.

It really was quite funny and something my secondary teaching mentors won't hear about.

"Tell the stupid motherfucker that he has no money because...wait, he's on hold right?"

I think I got away with it because sometimes I'd just admit (in front of seriously important people in some cases) "I've got nothing, hold on a minute"

That meant when there was something I wasn't sure about but could bluff, they trusted me because I'd had to admit failure earlier.

Plus you know, when in doubt, be confident. It's not only effective, but if you have someone giggling behind you because you've given them the look, it's really funny when you go get an ice cream on lunch.

Ha, at least for me it's always just been in a class where the only other people have been students.

Occasionally we get total know-it-alls who actually do know it all. I just hand over to them, really.

I still remember the good old days, for like one week in 1998 when 'tutoring' meant putting on an episode of Yes Minister and getting the fuck out of there.

:lmao:

"HEY DUMBFUCK STOP SPENDING ALL YOUR MONEY ON HOOKERS AND BLOW- Er I mean, sorry sir..."

You know, working at a bank you learn the trading names for brothels and strip clubs.

Man after a few months you don't flinch at telling a woman that their joint account was used at "Car Parts Ltd" at 2am.

He was enjoying strippers. I can't exactly say that, but.....you know

I still remember the good old days, for like one week in 1998 when 'tutoring' meant putting on an episode of Yes Minister and getting the fuck out of there.

A friend of mine is applying to run a course on WWI. I suggested he should just show Blackadder Goes Forth and be done with it.

You know, working at a bank you learn the trading names for brothels and strip clubs.

Man after a few months you don't flinch at telling a woman that their joint account was used at "Car Parts Ltd" at 2am.

He was enjoying strippers. I can't exactly say that, but.....you know

Hahaha that's great.

Meanwhile I just get confused at some of the odd trading names for pubs and cafes. "What the fuck is Zilzeburble Ltd? Oh wait yes I did go for brunch on Saturday..."

Find a woman crazier than you.

You may end up with several consecutively but my fucking god does confidence skyrocket. Took me to about 25 before I suddenly realised I was pretty awesome.

I said teenage me, doesn't necessarily apply to now me.

Here's a wild idea 2015 Ltd

Like stop it!

Also can it stop shaking?

Let's give this a dodgy name so you think you've been scammed 2013 Pty Ltd Carlton.

Wait, it's in Carlton so it probably is a mafia scam.

Also, we're down to only 17 guests. We're slipping! We need more stories about seagull shit and sex, clearly.

Oh the early days of the Superthread eh.

Indeed.

We could go with when the airport cops rumbled us or when my landlord walked in. Both caused me to laugh because I had little choice other than to go find a box to hide in (ideally to the left to the left, everything you own in a box to the left).

I mean it hasn't been a long time, but it sure hasn't been short of things to help the site's traffic.

Oh and fun. That one in particular.

So Prince of Persia, once you get the hang, is really easy up to level 8 (can't believe I'm saying that; as a kid I'm not sure I ever got this far, though there were extenuating circumstances to do with a bizarre level at the end of level 1 that isn't in the version I just linked). But then level 8 is a total fucking mofo and I'm still yet to get past level 9.

I'm sure in a fortnight after some obsessive playing I'll come and shake my head at this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom