Kaikoura, Te Wai Pounamu, Aotearoa (Kia Kaha, Aroha to all) Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to explain to somebody today why everybody hates Hamilton.

First I told them about how the Citizen Party wanted to declare national independence from Hamilton and build a kilometre-high wall around it.

Then I remembered that the nightlife area of Hamilton is known as the Chlamydia Triangle.

They now understand.

:nods sagely:

What do most people do when they suddenly find themselves with a job that will pay a salary well in excess of anything they've ever earned before?

Because I'm pretty sure it's not buying books, at least not the sort of books I'm looking up.

I'm doing that right now. For some stupid reason this season at SPC they have me on a casual rate for the first few weeks, which means extra $$ than usual.

Hey disposable income! Probably should save that for the three months of the year when i can't work? Nah...think I'd prefer to struggle then and spend now!

Yes I just spent a little over $400 on books. What of it?

They're all for work so helloooo tax write-off. (This is still a novelty to me.)

Haven't seen a $expump in like 3 years. Although I am considering going back...

I'm beginning my 3rd "season" (November to August of having no life) at SPC. Weighing trucks, counting fruit bins, admin stuff and other odd jobs. Its easy money, but It's not something I really want to be doing for the rest of my life....the main reason? It pays so much better than my old job. Like, I can do 9 months work and earn $7k+ more than $expumping for a full 12 months!

The downside is you basically don't get a summer. Most people who have the whole week or two over Xmas/NY...I get Xmas day, NYD and then my next actual full day off is probably Good Friday.

So I went out for 20 minutes and the washing machine counted down 10.

This is bullshit

I'm dead certain my washing machine does this too. Fifty minutes my arse, that was clearly over an hour.

and agreed, the b-word is awful. it took me forever to figure out what it meant.

To be fair we all know that my use of it would barely qualify as serious. I mean fuck, I feel weird calling someone "babe".

Which is funny because I started doing it first with someone I wasn't even interested in or going out with, but to troll co-workers

WHAT. How is that even possible! I've seen him, what, I think twice solo in that time, plus at Sound Relief and now these appearances with the Crowdies.

And Prince is literally one of my most hated artists. Talentless hack. Well OK he was pretty good at guitar but wasted all that ability writing songs that are by turns dull or crude.
i know! he used to play nashville all the time. then the last time he promised he'd be back that autumn and hasn't been back since. he might've been back once while i lived in nz, but that would've been it. he never played in nz at all while i lived there.

imo he was pretty good at all instruments. his early albums had him playing everything. one man's crude is another man's sexy, it seems. it's not like i listen to him to get in the mood or if i'm gonna :hydrahump: but it takes a lot for me to find something crude.

To be fair we all know that my use of it would barely qualify as serious. I mean fuck, I feel weird calling someone "babe".
the first several times i saw the word, i thought it was just a typo or some other kind of shortening of the word babe. then i learned it was a whole different word and hated everything.

the first several times i saw the word, i thought it was just a typo or some other kind of shortening of the word babe. then i learned it was a whole different word and hated everything.

My last two exes and I have used it. One was definitely a joke because our first date found a meme that claimed it stood for bacon and eggs (or bacon and eggs before anyone else). From there we had to use it.

The one before that....I know I was joking. I'm less sure if she was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom