Kaikoura, Te Wai Pounamu, Aotearoa (Kia Kaha, Aroha to all) Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't you learn anything from the Simpsons.
it's been too long since i've seen any simpsons episodes. :depressed:

I should know that.

Also yeah fuck me I was bored during the movie but what else was I going to do?
i was probably just overly pedantic, but the timing sucked. the movie came out a week after i'd written a 15-page paper or something analysing the metaphors in the novel. i'd had to read it about five or six times within the span of a month, so i knew every detail and knew every little thing that deviated from the novel.

i know it's gonna happen and wasn't upset with stuff they omitted as it prevented the film from being ten hours long, but some stuff like casting choices for certain characters, directors' insistence that daisy is blonde even though the novel never said that, and the fact that baz... what is it, luhrmann? turned it into some goofy movie instead of the biting commentary of the excess of the 20s that the novel was, ugh.

Even better is to get a position without an interview.

Like my postdoc.
jealous. at least my first interview was over skype. and that my green and teal hair is apparently not an issue even though it's an office job.

how i will find time to work though when i already hardly have any free time though remains to be seen.

Learn "Let's see what shit you guys know" in French.

Open with it.
french is actually the next language i plan on learning, if only so i can go anywhere in belgium. why belgium? i don't know. at least for now i'd be okay in stupid sexy flanders (my phone actually guessed flanders as the next word despite me never having made the joke on this phone, nice)

i know it's gonna happen and wasn't upset with stuff they omitted as it prevented the film from being ten hours long, but some stuff like casting choices for certain characters, directors' insistence that daisy is blonde even though the novel never said that, and the fact that baz... what is it, luhrmann? turned it into some goofy movie instead of the biting commentary of the excess of the 20s that the novel was, ugh.

The movie celebrated that shit instead, and my dumbass ex lapped it up. How did I stand two years of that and why do I do stupid things?

french is actually the next language i plan on learning, if only so i can go anywhere in belgium. why belgium? i don't know. at least for now i'd be okay in stupid sexy flanders (my phone actually guessed flanders as the next word despite me never having made the joke on this phone, nice)

Win on the joke, and what's the other language in Belgium? Flemish?

Yeah you pretty much got the good one. Canberra is hell (too hot or too cold) Newcastle is bogan city (however it was the first place I was ever drunk....but that's not an endorsement) and I think I don't even need to comment on, nor do a Maps search for Armidale.

I'm all about "too cold", but I'll hand back that "too hot".

I hear Newcastle's actually pretty nice these days. But to be honest I have the same impression of it as I do of the Gong: bogan cities in post-industrial decay located in pretty spots.

Tim is fantastic when he's good and despite Dave Dobbyn, the live album including my bae Bic Runga is actually enjoyable.

But he ain't Neil.

"Despite Dave Dobbyn"? Mate, those are fighting words, and grounds to strip you of your citizenship.

at least for now i'd be okay in stupid sexy flanders (my phone actually guessed flanders as the next word despite me never having made the joke on this phone, nice)

This is one of the best things that's been posted in the Superthread and makes up for Ian's awful use of "bae".

it's been so long since i've seen him live. nearly ten years.

no way!

WHAT. How is that even possible! I've seen him, what, I think twice solo in that time, plus at Sound Relief and now these appearances with the Crowdies.

And Prince is literally one of my most hated artists. Talentless hack. Well OK he was pretty good at guitar but wasted all that ability writing songs that are by turns dull or crude.

Ian, the joke sucked but I hope I made you happy not multi-quoting.

In Hamilton that's called chlamydia antibiotics.

(FYI they make you feel sick)

I was trying to explain to somebody today why everybody hates Hamilton.

First I told them about how the Citizen Party wanted to declare national independence from Hamilton and build a kilometre-high wall around it.

Then I remembered that the nightlife area of Hamilton is known as the Chlamydia Triangle.

They now understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom