Kaikoura, Te Wai Pounamu, Aotearoa (Kia Kaha, Aroha to all) Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So today after work, I intended to purchase 1 LP (Tori has reissued Boys for Pele for its 20th anniversary)

3 hours and $500 later, here I am. You could say I enjoyed my "Cyber Monday on a Tuesday" :crack:

Hahaha nice one Daniel.

And Ian, nobody should use aftershave because nobody should shave. *strokes beard*

And Ian, nobody should use aftershave because nobody should shave. *strokes beard*
i used to be team clean shaven but my bf has a beard and it suits him. he keeps it maintained and even (the cheeks aren't uneven or patchy) so it looks nice, plus it's not too long.

i still remember crying when my dad grew a moustache though (i was a little kid)...

i also need to relearn interview etiquette. got a second interview next week. i'm hoping it's basically in the bag, but luckily it's through a third party so i get some prep from them as to what the company will ask.

totally not a scam, ftr.

i'm on a phone d00d

(idk why I typed it like that)

i'm leaving that stupid sig as proof i'm really on my phone

Sent from my XT1575 using U2 Interference mobile app

I was lazy because really I didn't think any one would call me out. A woman I'd run over if the chance happened to present itself loved the movie so I really wasn't fussy.

i also need to relearn interview etiquette. got a second interview next week. i'm hoping it's basically in the bag, but luckily it's through a third party so i get some prep from them as to what the company will ask.

totally not a scam, ftr.

You know....best interviews I've had have been where I gave exactly zero fucks.

Walk in, resting bitch face, just...not your problem. Admit flaws (how I got a job!!) and just roll with them.

I was lazy because really I didn't think any one would call me out. A woman I'd run over if the chance happened to present itself loved the movie so I really wasn't fussy.
1. never underestimate my ability to point out typos
2. the movie is terrible, baz whatever is a terrible director. the movie's bad and he should feel bad.

Even better is to get a position without an interview.

Like my postdoc.

also spotify surprisingly has nearly all of tim finn's albums up...except his eponymous album, of all albums. oh, and before and after (always forget that one even exists tbh).

i just want listen to prince tbh, but my ipod is all the way across the room and it's too much of a pain to get my laptop out at this hour, or get the ipod. i can really only use my phone.

also spotify surprisingly has nearly all of tim finn's albums up...except his eponymous album, of all albums. oh, and before and after (always forget that one even exists tbh).

i just want listen to prince tbh, but my ipod is all the way across the room and it's too much of a pain to get my laptop out at this hour, or get the ipod. i can really only use my phone.

Got to say Timmy sounded pretty good at the Opera House.

Prince is awful.

Neil, by the way, is a hundred times better than Tim.

COME AT ME.

Thank you I just realised I can use Spotify in the shower.

Like I needed another place to rock out to Rihanna.

Shut the fuck up everyone who has something smart to say.

Why did I miss this part? That's even better! Seriously happy for you. Except for the country town (well) part.

Apparently when I got promoted at ANZ my interview helped but I was going to get headhunted anyway. Woo?

I did, on the other hand, have to write a four-page project proposal that had to both establish its national significance (ha!) and use the appropriate buzz speak (ugh!).

Thank god Wollongong isn't too far from Sydney so I shouldn't miss too many gigs. Closer than Newcastle or Canberra or - god forbid - Armidale. I've applied for jobs in all of those.

Thank you I just realised I can use Spotify in the shower.

Like I needed another place to rock out to Rihanna.

Shut the fuck up everyone who has something smart to say.

I'll buy you good music taste for Christmas.

A thing some academics have done to ram home how crazy the academic job market is, is to make a "CV of failure". I'm tempted to prepare one. Off the top of my head I've been knocked back from 25 positions before getting this one, and that count is definitely too low.

I've just remembered another two.

I did, on the other hand, have to write a four-page project proposal that had to both establish its national significance (ha!) and use the appropriate buzz speak (ugh!).

Thank god Wollongong isn't too far from Sydney so I shouldn't miss too many gigs. Closer than Newcastle or Canberra or - god forbid - Armidale. I've applied for jobs in all of those.

Yeah you pretty much got the good one. Canberra is hell (too hot or too cold) Newcastle is bogan city (however it was the first place I was ever drunk....but that's not an endorsement) and I think I don't even need to comment on, nor do a Maps search for Armidale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom