Just fucking leak. For fuck's sake. Part ix.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, haven't you figured it out?

U2's greed will prohibit the album from leaking. It will also prohibit it from the torrents once it's released...

They have magic. So these threads are useless, just close them...

In fact, Bono probably lied, there is no album at all.

Guys, haven't you figured it out?

U2's greed will prohibit the album from leaking. It will also prohibit it from the torrents once it's released...

They have magic. So these threads are useless, just close them...

In fact, Bono probably lied, there is no album at all.

LOL i heard they jusrt fabricated those 45 second clips to make people think they have an album coming out but nope they don't! its all just propaganda :D

news from the release groups: NOTHING.

i´ve talked with a guy from universal music last night and he told me that the master disc isn´t at the pressing plants yet. which means that there are no copies to grab.

concerning promotion: they made just a few promotional copies for familiar journalists etc. the other one got a link to a digital stream and they will send the full album on the 25th to them so they will have it on the 27th.

it would be no problem to record this stream with an extern device, but over all, that doesn´t make sense for a release group as they are focused to bring up at least 192kbps rips.

he also meant that there was shitloads of money spent to prevent this leak. and that he really believe that some interns spread fake news and fake torrents for them. but he can not confirm this.

folks, these news aren´t good ones. but it´s better to know that there isn´t anything out there yet and probably the best possibility to catch the new songs is the 19th at dave fanning shows. i think he will start to play the tracks then.

i´ve talked with a guy from universal music last night and he told me that the master disc isn´t at the pressing plants yet. which means that there are no copies to grab.

concerning promotion: they made just a few promotional copies for familiar journalists etc. the other one got a link to a digital stream and they will send the full album on the 25th to them so they will have it on the 27th.

it would be no problem to record this stream with an extern device, but over all, that doesn´t make sense for a release group as they are focused to bring up at least 192kbps rips.

he also meant that there was shitloads of money spent to prevent this leak. and that he really believe that some interns spread fake news and fake torrents for them. but he can not confirm this.

folks, these news aren´t good ones. but it´s better to know that there isn´t anything out there yet and probably the best possibility to catch the new songs is the 19th at dave fanning shows. i think he will start to play the tracks then.

Yeah that actually sounds about right. I was never really very hopeful of a leak more than a week out once we saw how tightly wrapped up they kept boots. And not that its the same industry or anything, but when Harry Potter 7 was released, Scholastic was so afraid that it would leak even hours before it was officially released, that they started about seven different rumours of alternate endings a day before the book hit stores ... guess poeple are terrified of losing a buck to a casual fan who has the internet, be it Harry Potter or U2.

he also meant that there was shitloads of money spent to prevent this leak. and that he really believe that some interns spread fake news and fake torrents for them. but he can not confirm this..

I believe this. U2 is doing everything in their power this time around not to leak anything. Especially after the beach clip fiasco.

So when are they going to press the 3 billion copies of NLOTH they will need?

Yeah that actually sounds about right. I was never really very hopeful of a leak more than a week out once we saw how tightly wrapped up they kept boots. And not that its the same industry or anything, but when Harry Potter 7 was released, Scholastic was so afraid that it would leak even hours before it was officially released, that they started about seven different rumours of alternate endings a day before the book hit stores ... guess poeple are terrified of losing a buck to a casual fan who has the internet, be it Harry Potter or U2.

Please don't use Harry Potter and U2 in the same sentence.

Nice to know, even though it's not good news.

Thanks anyway..

How much longer can they wait to send it to the pressing plant? It's only 8 measly days until it comes out in Japan....:sad:

Please don't use Harry Potter and U2 in the same sentence.

ha. In over a year of being on interference, that was the first time I ever thought of a legitimate reason to do so. I can tick that fandom-crossing box and crawl back into my HPfangirling hole now. carry on.

I think linearlove is from Greece actually.

So who is the owner of Interference then?

LOL where are you getting your information?

----

His name is Andy. He 'owns' a bunch of forums/websites : Social Knowledge - Online Community Network. He just bought interference a little over a year ago. Joel was the creator/founder/previous owner.

Some of you should venture into other forums.. you might learn something. :wink:

Well thats kind of disappointing but I understand..
And I didn't even listen to the beach clips..:lol:
thank you! :)

So when are they going to press the 3 billion copies of NLOTH they will need?

its possible in every country that they wait very close to the release date. and it seems that all will happen on the on 22th and 22rd, but after the japan release they know that it´s in the web for free. because they can´t prevent this.

Kudos to Universal and U2/management if they control any leaks to under a week til release. Imagine if it never leaks before the Japanese date. :ohmy:

Fatality
Flawless Victory

Yeah. How will they manage this? Pressing millions of copies of an album in a matter of days?

not that hard. it didn´t take so long to press a CD. the first wave will be hit the retail and meanwhile the can press the second one.

LOL where are you getting your information?

----

His name is Andy. He 'owns' a bunch of forums/websites : Social Knowledge - Online Community Network. He just bought interference a little over a year ago. Joel was the creator/founder/previous owner.

Some of you should venture into other forums.. you might learn something. :wink:

Look at her avatar info in the sidebar next to her posts, it says 'Sifnos' and some other place, which I'm pretty sure is somewhere in Greece.

its possible in every country that they wait very close to the release date. and it seems that all will happen on the on 22th and 22rd, but after the japan release they know that it´s in the web for free. because they can´t prevent this.

So a measly 3 days from the Jap release is all we can expect for the leak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom