June 4th, 2011 - Seattle PART 2 - Because it NEVER rains on Romi's birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes, I forgot. How silly of me! :wink:

Were you going to come to the movie tonight?

Are you talking about Killing Bono that's screening at the Neptune?

I was thinking about going (depending on how much work I get done) moreso because this may be my only chance to see it! Unfortunately, no one in my friend group can make it tonight. :cry:

If you're going Cori, perhaps we can meet up?

Cheers,
Dawn

PS; I'm on my blue lemon Popmart shirt today. 2 more days of old shirts before I get a new one!! :heart::heart::heart:

Has anyone any idea about where or when the plane will be landing? I was hoping Boeing Field...but don't know. I just want a picture of it on my new camera that will arrive tomorrow just in time for the show :hyper:

PLUS - I just got a text from a reliable friend who says Bono is speaking/visiting the Gates Foundation campus FRIDAY around 4-5. :hmm:

Hi there, I stumbled upon this site 2 days ago and was inspired to join. I've been reading through all your posts, and completely stressed myself out about the whole GA process. I'm going to be in GA with 3 of my best friends, who are not interested in standing in line all day, so I'm now abandoning this idea and will just go in when the gates open.

But, I'm planning to drive my car down to the stadium Sat. morning and park it, because I have a cool U2-ish license plate and want to spend the day in the area just soaking up the U2 atmosphere and the supposed sunshine that's forecast!!

I would love to meet all of you guys, so would it be okay if I find the line and introduce myself? I'll bring you guys treats as well. :) But I don't want to deal with the madness of standing in line all day, I want to enjoy the time with my friends, one is moving across the country in a week.

I've enjoyed reading about all your enthusiasm! So excited for this concert! I got to attend the show in Rome last October, and it was incredible, I was also at the Pasadena show a year before, again, AMAZING! This will be my 7th.

Peace!

From one U2girl to another, welcome to Interference! You made the right choice in sites :wink:

I always tell people the GA line is part of the experience - it's so fun and you'll meet so many cool people! But then...I'm doing RZ for this show, so who am I to say :D

Hope to meet you this weekend and I hope you have a great show!

Hi there, I stumbled upon this site 2 days ago and was inspired to join. I've been reading through all your posts, and completely stressed myself out about the whole GA process. I'm going to be in GA with 3 of my best friends, who are not interested in standing in line all day, so I'm now abandoning this idea and will just go in when the gates open.

But, I'm planning to drive my car down to the stadium Sat. morning and park it, because I have a cool U2-ish license plate and want to spend the day in the area just soaking up the U2 atmosphere and the supposed sunshine that's forecast!!

I would love to meet all of you guys, so would it be okay if I find the line and introduce myself? I'll bring you guys treats as well. :) But I don't want to deal with the madness of standing in line all day, I want to enjoy the time with my friends, one is moving across the country in a week.

I've enjoyed reading about all your enthusiasm! So excited for this concert! I got to attend the show in Rome last October, and it was incredible, I was also at the Pasadena show a year before, again, AMAZING! This will be my 7th.

Peace!

HECK YES!! JOIN IN! THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!! The GA U2 LINES ARE THE BESTVIN THE WORLD... CAN I GET A SHOUT OUT HELL YAAAAA!!!

ya, I am not took excited!!!
T- 25 hours and we will be in the road!!

Thanks U2girl! I hope to meet you too. I see you're going to the Mpls show, my brother and his wife will be there!

I'm sure the GA line is awesome, but I'm stresssing out just thinking about and want to make sure I enjoy the show with my friends, since we've been waiting a year and a half for this day, I'd rather be in the back with them than up front without them! I got pretty close when they played at Key Arena 6 years ago, so I got that close view of the band.

I might wander around down there tomorrow evening as well, just to see what's going on. Maybe I'll change my mind and join your line.

Since I anticipate probably being up for almost 24 hours, starting saturday morning at 4:30am to start the drive from Portland, am probably gonna stay up late tonight, and sleep for the latter part of tomorrow until I have to get up.

Truck is almost packed.

Couple of folding chairs, small cooler, snacks from Trader Joes, sunscreen, earplugs, aaaaand <insert drumroll of choice here> .. SUNGLASSES!

(if curious about trader joes snacks, it includes banana chips, orange flavored cranberries, Pita chips, and cashews)

Also .. to spot me, I will be wearing a short sleeve button down yellow shirt, brown khaki shorts, and a baseball cap yet to be decided.

^ what is your name? I'd hate to yell out "hey pdxracer!"

by the way, my name is Iris. On Saturday, I will be wearing grey capri khakis, hiking boots and either a black long sleeve shirt or a short sleeve edun dark blue Edun shirt (it will have a dagger on the back on my spine). I will also be wearing my Black U2360 baseball cap.

:wave:

Left Great Falls at midnight and got into town around 1000 after stopping @ Snoqualmie Falls. Was on I90 and saw a truck with the metal crowd barriers on it. Joked to my wife that they were going to Qwest. She laughed and said I was a dork for knowing so much about the Claw and thinking this truck was U2 related. Wellllll... we go by Qwest and guess which truck just pulled up?? Yup. I passed one of the many U2 trucks on the road on my way in today. Too funny. Spend the day going to the EMP Museum and Pike Place Market. Beautiful day here! Hitting up the Space Needle tonight... and then hitting the hot tub after a very long day :) Good Night!

My friend isn't going to be able to make it to the show so I have an extra GA ticket. Face value $60. PM me if interested.

I'll be at the Owl & Thistle Friday night or we can meet up at the GA line on Saturday.

EDIT: Ticket sold

Last edited:
^ what is your name? I'd hate to yell out "hey pdxracer!"

by the way, my name is Iris. On Saturday, I will be wearing grey capri khakis, hiking boots and either a black long sleeve shirt or a short sleeve edun dark blue Edun shirt (it will have a dagger on the back on my spine). I will also be wearing my Black U2360 baseball cap.

:wave:

Mike :D

There is nothing like being right up on the rail :drool: so if even a little part of you wants to do the GA line, I say do it. You'll make lots of new friends.

Are you planning on going to Owl and Thistle tomorrow night?

Yes, I am, but not sure yet what time. It sounds like so much fun, and it will be so great to meet other fans before the big day!!! I'm not sure what I'll wear yet, but probably will wear the hat I got at the concert last fall, with the 360 emblem on it.

u2girl99 said:
Yes, I am, but not sure yet what time. It sounds like so much fun, and it will be so great to meet other fans before the big day!!! I'm not sure what I'll wear yet, but probably will wear the hat I got at the concert last fall, with the 360 emblem on it.

Hi! Welcome I was in Rome last year too! See you tomorrow.

Hey all: Anybody interested in seats for Saturday's show? I'm trying to help a friend sell two tickets...section 117 NN seat 10-11 (Face Value - $70 total). Email me if interested suewin68@gmail.com.

I'm also in the market for two GAs for my friend as well. Probably not likely, but thought I'd throw it out there...

See you all on Saturday!!:heart:

PLUS - I just got a text from a reliable friend who says Bono is speaking/visiting the Gates Foundation campus FRIDAY around 4-5. :hmm:

I saw that clip on the news today about the Gates Foundation opening this weekend and the festivities going on. I KNEW immediately Bono would be a part of this. Same weekend they are in town... that's no co-inky dink. :sexywink:

:lol: Or the Sleepless in Seattle houseboat? :lol:

Both are very cool houses! Ask Cori, I have no clue where they are.
Seattle is so gorgeous when the sun is out!

My fave film location is the apartment complex from Singles. E Thomas St on Cap Hill.

*visions of shirtless Chris Cornell dance in my head*

My fave film location is the apartment complex from Singles. E Thomas St on Cap Hill.

*visions of shirtless Chris Cornell dance in my head*

The "Real World" house was at Pier 70, down on the waterfront, but it is all changed and just retail and restaurants now.

You can get a glimpse of the "Sleepless in Seattle" houseboat if you take the Ride The Ducks tour, or I think there are other Lake Union tours, or you can rent a kayak and get up close to it, but you'd have to know exactly where to go. It's on the West side of Lake Union.

The "Singles" house is indeed located at 1820 East Thomas on Capitol Hill, and, incidently, was listed on craigslist this week with an apartment opening. I was apartment hunting this week so I know. I'm sure it's gone by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom