June 4th, 2011 - Seattle PART 2 - Because it NEVER rains on Romi's birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize for the profanity and lack of a spoiler tag, it looks silly now

During the 4p to 5p hour, things were tense and the soundcheck helped keep spirits up.

I apologize for the profanity and lack of a spoiler tag, it looks silly now

During the 4p to 5p hour, things were tense and the soundcheck helped keep spirits up.

Hey, no probs man. It's just that with these static setlists I'm probably too obsessed with holding onto what meagre surprises there may be left in the tour.

Fuck profanity :)

just finished uploading my photos because I'm a lightroom ninja.

need.more.sleep

also I've got a fun video of the run in from the front of GA.

You must have been standing right next to me just a little right of center stage, because we both got the same shot of Bono/Adam, probably at exactly the same second.

I was in yellow baseball cap, blue tropical shirt.

Almost got kicked out right before Lenny came on as drunk guy was talking shit to people to my left, then moved over and started bugging jessica the girl that came with me to the show.

She tells me this guy is pissing her off, and he starts bragging to her, almost falling over drunk, then he moves towards me, telling me what a bitch she is, and I told him he better shut up and start moving away. He then tries to hand me a pint of scotch he has, and spills half of it down my shirt, I start to shove him and held back, and told him again he better just walk away right now, and then got the people in front of me to summon security to come get him.

I really had to control myself, as I had alcohol all over me at that point, just minutes before LK started his set.

Few of the guys and gals behind me patted me on the back and told me good job for not losing control of situation and getting more help.

You must have been standing right next to me just a little right of center stage, because we both got the same shot of Bono/Adam, probably at exactly the same second.

I was in yellow baseball cap, blue tropical shirt.

Almost got kicked out right before Lenny came on as drunk guy was talking shit to people to my left, then moved over and started bugging jessica the girl that came with me to the show.

She tells me this guy is pissing her off, and he starts bragging to her, almost falling over drunk, then he moves towards me, telling me what a bitch she is, and I told him he better shut up and start moving away. He then tries to hand me a pint of scotch he has, and spills half of it down my shirt, I start to shove him and held back, and told him again he better just walk away right now, and then got the people in front of me to summon security to come get him.

I really had to control myself, as I had alcohol all over me at that point, just minutes before LK started his set.

Few of the guys and gals behind me patted me on the back and told me good job for not losing control of situation and getting more help.

guy in the Guinness shirt w/ mardi gras beads? looked like he'd just walked out of a bad St. Patty's party?

I was on the railing in a black Joshua tree shirt, I'm sure we must've been right next to each other just about ;)

guy in the Guinness shirt w/ mardi gras beads? looked like he'd just walked out of a bad St. Patty's party?

I was on the railing in a black Joshua tree shirt, I'm sure we must've been right next to each other just about ;)

Yep .. remember I got photo of stage, and your smiling face was right at bottom. (I showed it to you as I was laughing at your expression on the photo)

Yep .. remember I got photo of stage, and your smiling face was right at bottom. (I showed it to you as I was laughing at your expression on the photo)

hmmm, don't remember that... possible I was just completely distracted though ;) does the guy in the photo have a beard? pretty sure I was the only bearded dude on the railing. :D

hmmm, don't remember that... possible I was just completely distracted though ;) does the guy in the photo have a beard? pretty sure I was the only bearded dude on the railing. :D

Ok, I know who you were now .. I still feel like a zombie right now after all the excitement and sleep deprivation.

Hey, this is Natalie (#97!), just wanted to pop in to give a huge thanks to all those around me in the GA line. I was a little apprehensive going alone, but you all were lovely and I am very glad to have learned first-hand that U2 fans are some of the nicest around. You guys helped get the day off to a great start and the concert finished it off incredibly -- I hope you all got good spots and had a great time too. Maybe I'll run into you all at another concert, this tour or the next.

Thanks again! :)

for me this show was 100% perfect. No complaints at all about the setlist or the energy from the crowd. I think everyone played their part well (band and crowd). I am ready for more!

oh and hi joyfulgirl! :wave: thank you for coming over to introduce yourself to me. It was finally nice to meet you.

I love my city. :heart:

So glad I got to meet so many new people, sorry I missed a few others. Had just an amazing time.

Pictures are amazing - I guess i should learn how to properly take pics at a concert, because mine are all crappy. :lol: I just wanted to snap a few to show friends exactly how close I was. I don't know how well I accomplished that!

for me this show was 100% perfect. No complaints at all about the setlist or the energy from the crowd. I think everyone played their part well (band and crowd). I am ready for more!

oh and hi joyfulgirl! :wave: thank you for coming over to introduce yourself to me. It was finally nice to meet you.

It was awesome. The people around me at the show were very cool. Great to meet you, too, MVD, after all these years. I got a pretty good picture of you on the rail that I'll send when I get home.

Did not know I was having lunch with THE Thora from interference yesterday!

Saw her in the line this morning.

:lol: Yeah, it was awesome to meet you! And everyone else I met at various bars or in the lineup. :)

This was my first GA experience, and it was AMAZING!! I'm never doing seats again. :lol: Although next time I'm going to wear a hat of some sort, and be better at applying sunscreen, as I have one hell of a burn. :lol: Oh well, it was worth EVERY minute spent outside in the sun yesterday. :)

I promised you good weather and I delivered :D What a great show and a great time in Seattle with all of you. I'll post more but right now I have to worry about the Oakland line, which started THREE days before the show.

That was AMAZING!! My first show and so much better than I anticipated. And the crowd was so great too. I loved my view from the seats (section 132) but I'll probably go for GA next time just to see what it's like.

Wow... the most fun I've ever had.

I am still in absolute amazement on how good of a time I had.

Was so awesome to meet some of you, which I have to say is one good reason I had fun, it just added to the sensation of the whole thing.

Hey, this is Natalie (#97!), just wanted to pop in to give a huge thanks to all those around me in the GA line. I was a little apprehensive going alone, but you all were lovely and I am very glad to have learned first-hand that U2 fans are some of the nicest around. You guys helped get the day off to a great start and the concert finished it off incredibly -- I hope you all got good spots and had a great time too. Maybe I'll run into you all at another concert, this tour or the next.

Thanks again! :)

:wave: It's Diana from the line, number 92. I'm so glad you had a great time! It was a pleasure to meet you! I hope you can make it to Anaheim!

It really was perfection.

I'm so happy I can finally watch your videos again. As always, HMTMKMKM was amazing.

OMG you guys!

Social media overload. Can't wait to enjoy all these treats.

Just wanted to say that I'm home alive and had about 2 hours of sleep. No drunk Bono/Edge in the lobby this morning at the hotel... booo... LOL!

I nearly fell asleep checking out, I think.

Three weeks to recover, then more rock and roll.

Loved meeting all of you, it was so awesome! More to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom