June 4th, 2011 - Qwest Field - Seattle, WA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just swung by my neighborhood Goodwill and got a couple of blankets to throw on the ground, if anyone needs/wants that but has no chair. I found a ginormous one, which was pretty great.

I needed a bigger blanket for the beach or the park or whatever anyway, so I'm happy about my gigantic $10 blanket. :)

I just checked out the Qwest Field website and they had some info posted for the concert. They're stating that GA ticket holders can begin to line up at 7am and that people lined up before 7am will be turned away. I'm not sure if this will impact where numbers are given out the day before or whether a line will start off-property somewhere.

Here's a link if you want to check it out:

Events Calendar

Doesn't that happen at every concert? I think I remember hearing that. I'm not sure how many "early" lines actually start on the stadium property.

Thanks for checking into that!

Okay, this doesn't look good:

"Wristbands: GA floor ticket holders must have a wristband to get onto the floor. Guests entering at the NW and SW Gates can pick up a wristband inside at the West Gate station. GA floor ticket holders entering at the NE Gate can pick up a wristband inside the NW area of the Stadium."

But it says the line will be at the NE Gate for "priority entrance." I hope that means we'll get a chance to get our wristbands before anyone who moseys in "after 5" at the NW and SW gates has a chance to get a wristband.

Maybe once they have us inside, we'll get routed over to the NE end to get a wristband. I guess we just hope for the best.

Can I join your party?? I will be at O & T Friday night, not sure what time but I can't wait!! I went to Denver last week and I am still high from that show :) Counting the minutes....

Half the fun is trying to find the "early line" :wink: I remember in Chicago someone started one behind a bush near Soldier Field

Of course! There'll be a bunch of us at O&T throughout the night. :)

Are you doing GA, or Red Zone again? (I think when I met you and your husband in 2009, you guys were doing RZ. Maybe I'm not remembering that right!)

Half the fun is trying to find the "early line" :wink: I remember in Chicago someone started one behind a bush near Soldier Field

Yeah, I remember that! I went down to Soldier Field with a friend who needed a number, and it took us a while to find the hidden line under those trees. :lol:

I just checked out the Qwest Field website and they had some info posted for the concert. They're stating that GA ticket holders can begin to line up at 7am and that people lined up before 7am will be turned away. I'm not sure if this will impact where numbers are given out the day before or whether a line will start off-property somewhere.

Here's a link if you want to check it out:

Events Calendar

How cute. :cute: They think they can stop people from lining up early.

I just texted them at the number on the page to ask if "priority entrance" means "priority for wristbands" as well.

It had better be, because if they let us in and we have to dash over to the west gates for wristbands as any old GA-come-latelys are moseying in on the west side and get their wristbands first, how the hell is that 'priority'?

You guys sound like it's your first time preparing for a GA line...

As it should - I'm a GA line virgin. :sexywink:

At least for the full GA line experience. I hopped into line mid-afternoon for the 2005 Vertigo show in Seattle, but that barely counted.

Ohhhhh. I thought you had been around the block a few times over the years :)

Well, mister "been around the GA block," has it been your experience that there's some little funky thing in the venue instructions that freaks out fans but always ends up being okay?

Because I'm starting to stress out again.

Yes, I have issues. :reject:

I am a GA slut. I have been around the block numerous times. Gotta make sure there's no line any other side!

Yeah. Venues feel as though they have to post something. But once people start showing up and stadium personnel get a better idea what they are dealing with, they adapt.

:up:

Thanks. I'll calm down now. :)

I hope they respond to my email, though. At least I feel like I've brought it to their attention. Hopefully they'll read it and say "Oh, we hadn't thought of that, let's fix it" rather than "tough shit, nerd. Tough it out!"

I think with the number of people from blue crack alone we could probably start our own GA line and no one can challenge us. We go to the stadium, look around the area, if no one is there, then we start with #1. problem solved. :D

the key seems to be communication with the stadium security personnel. if they say no camping out allowed, they almost always mean on the property of the stadium. So then we tell them we're going to do it outside the stadium property.

I really hope they're as organized as (if not more than) Denver in terms of letting people into the field. Because that's the one I always worry the most. Somehow the lining up always worked out because it's a bunch of fans having the same goal, to have a good time at the show.

Salad sounds like a good idea for late eating.
OK, I'll keep this in mind and try to get something for our fridge. I will probably get some water etc too.

yes, ma'am she is my roomie. I think this is the 3rd or 4th time we have roomed? Alma is becoming my tour roommate.
lol, yes, something like that. and why not? you're reliable, a deep sleeper and don't mind that I snore sometimes. :D plus, you're probably the only one I could count on to slap me silly and straighten me out if I start losing my mind and thinking of camping out overnight in the GA line.

just thought of this too. it's not like this is 2001 and it's all new.

for as much as i hate the notebook/magic marker patrol, they do a good job of talking to security.

:up:

yeah, we can always ask the line guru to have him ask the same question to the security people, to let them know that it will cause some big issues if we aren't able to get wristbands before others.

I think with the number of people from blue crack alone we could probably start our own GA line and no one can challenge us. We go to the stadium, look around the area, if no one is there, then we start with #1. problem solved. :D

the key seems to be communication with the stadium security personnel. if they say no camping out allowed, they almost always mean on the property of the stadium. So then we tell them we're going to do it outside the stadium property.

I really hope they're as organized as (if not more than) Denver in terms of letting people into the field. Because that's the one I always worry the most. Somehow the lining up always worked out because it's a bunch of fans having the same goal, to have a good time at the show.

i was very happy with how denver turned out. especially when they sectioned us off in groups of 100

the only (minor) complaint was they checked tickets and did the wristbanding way too late. that should have been done before they walked us to the tunnel.

OK, I'll keep this in mind and try to get something for our fridge. I will probably get some water etc too.

lol, yes, something like that. and why not? you're reliable, a deep sleeper and don't mind that I snore sometimes. :D plus, you're probably the only one I could count on to slap me silly and straighten me out if I start losing my mind and thinking of camping out overnight in the GA line.

I'd appreciate the water too.

You can camp out, I'd just say "here is the key, have fun and good night" :)

GA virgin here too :wave: The whole line thing seems pretty overwelming right now, but I have a feeling I'll be glued to this board for the next week:D

I'd just gotten over being stressed about the line, too. :lol:

I'm going to be a total spazzy mess until next Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom