June 16, 2010 - Oakland Coliseum - CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The venue doesn't normally do wristbands for the shows. I remember they did it for San Jose Vertigo but most of the time its fan organized, meaning the fans will hand out wristbands or write numbers on everyone's hands.

Depending on the venue they usually dont allow overnight camping out so fans may start lining up across the street or just check in to get a # and come back in the morning. I'd say lining up in the early morning would be good enough to get a spot in front. I've lined up pretty late in the afternoon and still managed to get good spots and even get in the pit.

I'm going to move this to the Oakland thread, as that would be the best place to get info for this specific venue.

You may also want to read through this thread.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f304/ga-discussion-camera-policies-etc-198674.html

The Oakland stadium is not in the safest area. So one might not want to camp out there. But I agree with Sicy, early morning lineups work fine.

Hopefully some of the more heavy-handed 'line nazis' will not be there imposing their will as I have seen at some shows. Not to be nagative but there are some out there that take over lines that were already established and then pretty much impose their plan so that they are up front. And that just isn't cool.

The Oakland GA line:
pittsburgh-G20-police-riot-gear.jpg

Romi told me they are probably not going to let anyone camp anyway.

well, they probably won't let you camp on their property, which means we will most likely be camping out on the BART overcrossing. The next closest area not on the stadium property is a 15 minute walk away. For the Vertigo shows, that's where the line camped.
l_a58fc5df1a78439393350636cbf5fe41.jpg

well, they probably won't let you camp on their property, which means we will most likely be camping out on the BART overcrossing. The next closest area not on the stadium property is a 15 minute walk away. For the Vertigo shows, that's where the line camped.

I see.

If memory serves... Elevation and Vertigo, they let in at Coliseum Way, hence that is where people lined up in the wee small hours.

What is the bit marked GA GATE. Has that been confirmed as where the GA line will be?

If memory serves... Elevation and Vertigo, they let in at Coliseum Way, hence that is where people lined up in the wee small hours.

What is the bit marked GA GATE. Has that been confirmed as where the GA line will be?

yeah, the B Gate. That's where they typically let you right onto the field, and that's what my ticket says.

If anything we plan on milling around the bart station at the break of dawn and play it by ear.

By that point, if the line is not already at the gate, it will def. be at the BART overcrossing. Don't hang around the BART station, because you won't be able to see anyone.

Don't suppose anyone is driving from San Francisco to Seattle for the following show...? Flights still aren't too expensive but a colleague of mine says it's a (long but) gorgeous drive along the California and Oregon coast. Sounds like a potential nice U2 road trip ...

Don't suppose anyone is driving from San Francisco to Seattle for the following show...? Flights still aren't too expensive but a colleague of mine says it's a (long but) gorgeous drive along the California and Oregon coast. Sounds like a potential nice U2 road trip ...

trust me... fly. If you ride with anyone, they will not drive along the coast. they will drive on I-5. which is cornfield after cornfield.

Yeah I think I'd rather fly in that case, but the scenic route does sound car advert good.

Cathal if you can find anyone driving from Portland it's worth looking into possibly flying from San Francisco to Portland, Oregon.

But it's more expensive to fly to Portland than Seattle. Go figure...

Don't worry, Seattle will provide plenty of scenic viewing.

Ok, terima kasih Alma! I think there's another little piece of the USA's geography about to click into place :)

I'm driving up. I live in Sacramento though, so I'm starting from there.

Also, someone called Moonalice is opening this show too now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom