July 8th and 9th 2011 - Hippodrome - Montreal - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that was on my places of visit but by the time were gonna go there, I was churched out. Is it a cool place to visit or just a huge church with lots of steps?

A huge church with lots of steps. I'm glad I went. I agree about being churched out-- I was in church more in Montreal in 5 days than the last 10 years! :lol:

I'm almost positive this was discussed earlier, but the Quality Inn... a decent place to rest your head? We'll only be there Thursday-Sunday, like everyone else it seems. I'd prefer to stay there and skip the massive Metro exit from that area on the concert nights. I didn't stop by the Quality Inn when we went out to the Hippodrome, but we did walk down near Ruby Foo's, which didn't seem too much further than the Namur station.

I can't wait for these shows!

yeah, the quality inn seemed very decent, and half the price of Ruby Foos

I'm very excited too! :hyper:

I'll just be going to the Sat show (I should look into getting a ticket at some point...), but I plan on being there Thurs - Sun, so I'll have time to see more of the city. :)

Here's a picture of the Hippodrome I took. You can see how open it is. There is a Walmart right behind me :wink:

007-1.jpg

Here's a picture of the Hippodrome I took. You can see how open it is. There is a Walmart right behind me :wink:

Thanks for posting the pic - looks perfect. It takes me back to a ZOO TV Outside Broadcast show I saw back in August '92 in Saratoga Springs, NY - similar wide open space. I have never been to a louder concert in my life - every note Adam played on his Bass reverberated around your throat and chest, as did the bass beat of the support band Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy - but in a good way!

Just noticed on your pic that lights are gonna highlight the track,not the field :huh:...and neither the stands :huh:.It will be interesting to see how they gonna manage the intro.It won't be an issue for the opening band since it's gonna be daylight time..(7pm to 7:45pm)

Just one more thing that's gonna make those shows interesting,i guess.

I'll be there! It was sad to postpone our roadtrip up to Montreal, but I think my spontaneous trip to see them in Zurich and Munich next month will help me pass the time :hyper: .

yeah, the quality inn seemed very decent, and half the price of Ruby Foos

Romi! - we've made reservation at the Quality Inn - Party central in Montreal. Now we just need to find the airfare :doh:

BoMac, let me explain!

My 7 year old son loves the Canadiens, and I have the opportunity to take him to see them. It would be his first NHL game ever...:wink:

It would be hard for me to swing going to U2 and doing this. I guess I could win a lottery....:crack:

I've got single GA's to both nights if you do want to go.

With u2 almost officially coming downunder, I think I'll leave my US/Canada trip to just being a trip :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom