July 5, 2011 - Soldier Field - Chicago, IL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Edgefest. Good luck to everyone!

I too have games if anyone's bored. :)

Hmm... clusterfuck waiting to happen?
338678640-b58f94ea036aed6d1ad0c3b98289c51a.4e133500-scaled.jpg

(Let's hope not, BTW)

I'd be nervous about what that might mean later with the gates and re-entering, but honestly, it's nice that they're trying to do something helpful to everyone and are communicating it like that, laying out the plan for the day.

Looks like they are concerned about the ga line and the heat. We are now moving inside.

Attachments

• image-2145318212.jpg
    image-2145318212.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 269
I'd be nervous about what that might mean later with the gates and re-entering, but honestly, it's nice that they're trying to do something helpful to everyone and are communicating it like that, laying out the plan for the day.

True. My thoughts exactly. Though at the moment -and from experience- I see more problems with the moving of the line (especially close to doors open) than with the sun/temperature situation (you have sunblock & hats for those).

interesting memo. There is a lot of concourse area, which is good.

Since numbers have been given out, there is no reason to stay. Could just go nap/do your thing and come back to line up outside.

Sure better than what they did to us for Chicago 2009 for second show - moved the line up far too soon and packed us into that damn tunnel for an hour.

That's why I'll never do GA in Chicago again, but I'm glad they are learning from their mistakes. I nearly fainted in the tunnel in 09 - I remember having to fan myself with some fan's bible they'd left behind. LOL.

trojanchick99 said:
Nice sig Dan! ;) Is she going to be a the Chicago show tonight?

She's in line. Not sure if she is going to do it. Depends on the signal.

I've been too lazy to remove it

Kitty O'Shea's in the Hilton 3:00 for anyone who wants a pre-show pint, first one is on me!:wave:

Hey Dublin...does Kitty O'Shea's have food? My friend and I are looking for a place to get food before the show. Be nice to meet up with some fellow U2 fans!

Hey everybody, I wanted to leave this message quick(cause I'll be leaving Internet for the night). My friend and I are going to try and make it to Kitty O'shea's for some food and drink before the show. If anybody is there, look for a white dude in a white collared shirt(Matt) and my friend who is from Sri Lanka(so he looks Indian). Hopefully we can meet up with some other U2 fans that have GA tickets. It's always great to go with a posse!

Have a great show everyone... I happen to be at shedd aquarium today with the family. Will try a fly by visit before they let you in!! Either way have a great show!

tabmanmatt said:
Hey Dublin...does Kitty O'Shea's have food? My friend and I are looking for a place to get food before the show. Be nice to meet up with some fellow U2 fans!

They sure do! I just got here. I'm in a black T-shirt with Bono shades on. I'll be here for a couple hours, waiting for my ticket to arrive at 3:30. Not crowded at all.

Reading this thread to catch up on my pal's travels...I don't get the physical logistics of cutting the line..people let people just plop down in front of them? Why not block them, what are they going to do, assault you in front of security?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom