July 5, 2011 - Soldier Field - Chicago, IL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm now 80th in line, perhaps my highest number on this tour. I'm thinking outside rail for this show.

I went up to security and politely asked him about how he let 6 people bud in front of the ga line. I politely asked him. He snaps back at me and tells me to get back in line. I ask him politely again and he threatens me that I won't see the show. Pfffft! Terrible.

Anywhoo. People have taken pictures of the 6 line jumpers and apparently they are going to Montreal. Beware!

Oh dear!:sad: Mark, we were in the high 70's in Winnipeg and we still got front rail. Just think about trying for Adam's side. I hate line jumpers!:angry:

So if everyone know's they're jumping the line, and security isn't doing anything, why not take matters into your own hands? Seems to me like a whole lot of diehard U2 fans vs. a few douchebags is a matchup in your favor.

They're the first 6 in line ...now I'm pissed but what can we do? Chance getting thrown out of the venue? Security here is not the friendliest!!

Wow. Security fails hard there. :|

What you could try is finding one of U2's security people. They're really nice and helpful, and one step above venue security.

Live from the lawn outside the south end of Soldier Field. Some thoughts:

-When I got here shortly before 6:30, a couple of gals were numbering off the line, but they stopped before they got to the second bend. I suspect I'm about #350, give or take.

-Very nice place for a queue. In the shade, plenty of food and drink, and good company.

-Saw U2 BROTHER up in the early area, and am sitting with a couple of gals from Indiana who I don't remember their board aliases.

If you're in the line, look for a tall guy with a gold shirt and a Team USA ball cap, that's me.

I said it before. Security is honoring 1st come 1st serve OVER the line.

From the accounts that I hear, it's not those 6 were the first ones there. But somehow security is allowing them to get up front. From Laura's Facebook post "They cut in Chicago, tried to cut in Anaheim, but couldn't, and they admitted they will in Montreal."

Thing is, when security is not honouring the 1st come, 1st serve system of the fan list, things will become a big mess. It's not like fans have this system to screw people. On the contrary, it's to make sure everyone is as orderly and as relaxed when the doors open. That's already stressful enough, no need to add extra drama because of line cutters/issues.

I'd love to see those pics then.

Here's one, apparently.
264051_10150319660255953_636115952_9524234_4515238_n.jpg

guy in the black ONE shirt told me he's kicking my ass after the show. oh the irony.

Eh, don't let it ruin your day. It sucks, but staying so angry just isn't worth it.

This spot in line is so damn perfect, I almost wish id brought a blanket, the shade and breeze is great.

We're 290 and 291 in line if anyone's bored, we have games for that :wink:

A quick elbow to the temple mid-show would work wonders on that dude.

Nah, never mind, karma will get him at some point.

Enjoy the show everyone...perhaps I'll run into some of you at the NJ show on the 20th.:wave::applaud:

The reason there is a fan-numbered line is that the same people get up front every concert. They know how to do it, they know the ins and outs of not having to be in the "line" most of the time, until the morning of the show. Don't kid yourself... I've been to plenty of shows and this always happens. Has happened since back in Elevation. And will continue to keep happening...

Just show up at 4pm, enjoy Chicago for the great city that it is. Have fun. And stand right behind all the people who've been waiting all day.

Romi can run like a bat out of hell anyways. He will pass that guy's ass on the way in!:wink:

I'm sitting across from the line jumpers. How'd they do that anyway? I thought every lined up then they moved us over around 6. Some photographer was taking their pictures.

I plan to give them the side-eye as I'm passing them into the stadium :wink:
It's not like a lot of people will be affected by their cutting. It's that they cared not at all about hoe other people feel about them. And the example they are setting for two kids with them is pretty... what's the word... apalling?

I'm sure this has been answered but I can't wade through everything on my phone. I'm arriving in about 20 mins. Can someone please tell me what to do/who to find?

Thanks much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom