July 24, 25, 27- Croke Park Dublin Discussion Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
7am really!? What time did you return? I've been researching do you remember who you used? I've also been researching the weather in July and from what I've seen it only get's into the 60s? No idea what to bring!

We were on a tour and the ferry was our means of getting from Ireland across into Wales/England/Scotland for the rest of our tour. We were gone 3 weeks total. We flew into Shannon and saw Ireland first then moved on, ended up in London which is where we departed home from. I have no idea how much the ferry ticket was, we went one way on the ferry tho. I still have the tags from our luggage (I keep all that stuff!)

Also best for Irish weather is prepare for all weather and layer. It'll most likely be mild in mid July, so capris or jeans and a light top and windbreaker should be fine. :up:

We were on a tour and the ferry was our means of getting from Ireland across into Wales/England/Scotland for the rest of our tour. We were gone 3 weeks total. We flew into Shannon and saw Ireland first then moved on, ended up in London which is where we departed home from. I have no idea how much the ferry ticket was, we went one way on the ferry tho. I still have the tags from our luggage (I keep all that stuff!)

Also best for Irish weather is prepare for all weather and layer. It'll most likely be mild in mid July, so capris or jeans and a light top and windbreaker should be fine. :up:

Can I do Wales in just one day??

Also layering, I should do light spring clothes? Strappy sandals etc?

Can I do Wales in just one day??

Also layering, I should do light spring clothes? Strappy sandals etc?

If you just want to go to Cardiff then yes one day will be enough- but no I wouldn't think one day would be enough to see much of Wales

as for the weather...mmmm well it could be boiling hot or (as today) heavy thunderstorms and flooding- this is the UK climate so anything is possible

Dublin weather is much like mainland UK weather only slightly cooler- but at that time of year it could be anywhere from low/mid 60's to the high 70's/ low 80's

Despite the "legs" looking thinner than expected, they still might be an annoyance to fans sitting in certain sections, especially if Larry's drumkit doesn't move around. It doesn't take much onstage equipment to ruin the views of some, so hopefully they won't make a difference in the end.

If you just want to go to Cardiff then yes one day will be enough- but no I wouldn't think one day would be enough to see much of Wales

as for the weather...mmmm well it could be boiling hot or (as today) heavy thunderstorms and flooding- this is the UK climate so anything is possible

Dublin weather is much like mainland UK weather only slightly cooler- but at that time of year it could be anywhere from low/mid 60's to the high 70's/ low 80's

Is it worth seeing cardiff?

K I'm starting my U2 to do list such as the wall, HQ, etc...@u2 has a somewhat accurate guide but I need a list..suggestions??

The book "U2 Under A Dublin Sky" is good. It tells you where a lot of the U2 landmarks are and how to get to them by bus or rail. I'm going to bring that book with me.

K I'm starting my U2 to do list such as the wall, HQ, etc...@u2 has a somewhat accurate guide but I need a list..suggestions??

My #1 thing this trip is to take a phot at Bono's gates to his home. And I want to go have a drink at the Clarence too. I'd be happy with just that. Not sure how much time other than the concert and airport trips I'll get to spend in Dublin.

^ :applaud: Yay Laura you got the book then? I've recommended it to so many people and my own copy is worn already from lending it out and flipping through it myself.

I got it a couple of years ago and now I can finally use it.

My #1 thing this trip is to take a phot at Bono's gates to his home. And I want to go have a drink at the Clarence too. I'd be happy with just that. Not sure how much time other than the concert and airport trips I'll get to spend in Dublin.

I want to do those things too. Definitly going to go to HQ and Mount Temple. We are also planning on going up to Slane Castle.

I'm definately doing HQ I have to sign the wall, I must have a picture in front of the Bonovox store and his Gates if I can find it..and I am definately having drinks at the Clarence hopefully with U2fanatic! I can't find the book on ebay let me know what else it recommends :D

It is by Kite Publishing. I think they have a website and they sell it on there. I'm going to check and if I can find it I'll post the link.

I loooked and I'm not sure you can buy the book anymore online. It is actually called "U2 Under a Blue Dublin Sky". It talk about a lot of places to go to.

I might go and see Bono's childhood home as well. It doesn't give an address, but it tells what bus to take.

If we could do this together it would be cool because I have the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom