July 20, 2011- New Meadowlands Stadium - East Rutherford - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people, in reality, call me Danny.:lol:

Believe it or not, I do part time DJ work, and I am known as DJ Numb. I kid you not. You can just walk around screaming "Numb", I DO respond to that. I have some friends/aquaintances who have to actually think what my real name is.

Some people, in reality, call me Danny.:lol:

Believe it or not, I do part time DJ work, and I am known as DJ Numb. I kid you not. You can just walk around screaming "Numb", I DO respond to that. I have some friends/aquaintances who have to actually think what my real name is.

This you? :wink:

numb_cover.jpg

Some rare highlights from 10 years ago at the Meadowlands- Ground Her Feet. In the first 13 seconds or so you can see me with my arm over the railing, wearing the baseball cap. Head right next to Edge's guitar.

‪U2 The Ground Beneath Her Feet - Elevation East Rutherford‬‏ - YouTube

Another cool highlight was the surprise of Wild Honey. Debut was a few months earlier in Paris I think. Here, Bono forgets the lyrics and crouches down and we're feeding him the words to the next line. Unfortunately the camera pans away.

‪U2 - Wild Honey (Elevation East Rutherford)‬‏ - YouTube

Wish I could find UTEOTW, Bono leaned back and my buddy and I held him up during "you said you'd wait till the end of the world"

wouldn't you know it, i googled "DJ Numb" and low and behold, there are others !!

They are the impostors though.

I run marathons. Sometimes I run them fast. Running marathons can be less tiring than standing on your feet in the heat for hours on end.At least in marathons your legs are moving.

The problem with U2 are that the cheap tickets are GAs. Tomorrow will be show #40 for me. I haven't paid more than $88 for a U2 ticket yet. Actually I guess I paid more for the Dublin shows in '09 do to the crappy $$$$. Yeah USA Monopoly money. What does it cost the Europeans to come to these shows? Like $5.

Man, I can't believe they opened with a cover of Friday by Rebecca Black. That was awesome. And it's a Tuesday too.

You guys know the show is tonight, right?

Whatever happened to the GA line? Maybe there was a coup and the Nazis were ousted and now they're all wandering around the meadowlands with no idea where to line up

All jokes aside for 1 little moment - if I get there at like 3:30-4 for GA, do I need to check in and get a number for real? Or just join the dang line?

Thanks!

Find a security guy and ask to see Devin he is the guy in charge.. When Devin comes out tell him Burt Mackland sent you. He will give you an envelope and a gate location. Go to that gate. Give the envelope to the guard standing there. That guard will then give you a briefcase.. Open it. Inside you will find $500 in cash, car keys, a couple of passports, an ID and a parking space number. Take the cash (keep 15 for yourself) the keys, passports, and the ID. Go to that parking spot number. Get in the car. Drive to the IZOD center and go to Will Call. Ask for Francios. Give him the remainder of the cash. He'll then give you the address of a strip club in Carlestat. Go in. Inside you will need to speak to the bartender. Give him the ID, passports, and car keys. He will call you a cab and give you another briefcase. DO NOT OPEN IT. One of the strippers will also accompany you. Use the $5 left over for the cab ride. The cab will take you both back to the stadium. Go to gate C with the briefcase and give it to John the security guy. The stripper and John will disappear. When John comes back he will let you in 10 minutes before they open up for the rest of the GA. Relax, get a drink with the other $10 and find a good spot up front.

Or just get in line.. I think they stop doing numbers around 2 or 3.

oneskirt - at that time just get on the end of the line. They won't still be numbering by then. You'll probably be anywhere from 600-1200th in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom