July 20, 2011- New Meadowlands Stadium - East Rutherford - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With Interpol being a NYC band, I imagine they will get a better reception at this show.
at least up in fronmt in Philly they got a pretty good reception

Oh hearing that after the Philly Bad tease is just making me so anxious for tonight. I want. I want I want I want.

For me the tease was :drool: :heart: Breath! :D

Some advice to those training it...

A... get round trip ahead of time, which is a duh thing.

B... there is a row of NJ transit ticket machines hidden on the south west corner of the Amtrak section of Penn. Not many know of it, and in all likelyhood the lines for tix will be shorter.
NJT roundtrip gotten Monday! :D

Met the Edge a few minutes ago - Got two records signed
:applaud::applaud:

Well that was the most organized GA at the Meadowlands EVER. Got here at 4:30 and got outer rail on Adam's side!

My ass hurts from sitting on metal. There is still space on Adams side. We are inside the circle, outer rail Adams side.

9.75 for a beer. It's still humid and Interpol is not on yet.

On the rail of main floor, Adam's side. Tons of room in here still, and I didn't even arrive until just before 5 pm.

Parked in L9. Anyone wanda meet in the lots for a beer post show while traffic clears?

Interpol coming on now.

Hey GA people did I just hear Dallas guitar check Gloria? If I could get Bad and Gloria I would be just the happiest little camper up here.

I'm new to this forum. Can someone tell me where to get the full setlist in one list, rather than digging through the Setlist party thread?

Thanks!

Wow. What a night. Hot in the pit, but such electricity and such a finish! I love the usual meditative endings (40 and MOS) but what an awesome change to end with Out of Control! My last concert on this tour -- what a great finish!

I hate new Jersey transit

Getting there was a breeze. There was a train waiting at Penn, and the first train to Meadlowlands was waiting when we arrived. The ride back was a completely different story, but at least we got a seat when we got onto the train.

Well that was the most organized GA at the Meadowlands EVER. Got here at 4:30 and got outer rail on Adam's side!

We walked in and were dead center, three rows back. It was awesome. People tried to cut in front of us us twice after Interpol finished, but the group of people around us were great, had each others back, and made sure we all ended up in front of those jerks.

Met some nice people too!

Ditto! Great friendly crowd made the show even better.

I think Bono wore 5+ shirts.

I would have loved to have changed my shirt four times. It was hot. :note to self, next time, bring extra t-shirts:

Finally, got home. What a show. The best I've seen since Elevation. :hyper:

My feet ache, and but I'm still hyper. :hyper:

Don't get me started on how stupid the following are:

New Jersey Transit
New Meadowlands Stadium
People in East Rutherford, NJ
New Meadowlands Stadium
People in East Rutherford, NJ
New Jersey Transit (x5)

in that order.

I would add:

Meadowlands Event Security.

Absolutely useless. They will confiscate your bottle cap, but they won't remove people who cut in front of others, and become angry and argumentative when the crowd won't let them.

I would add:

Meadowlands Event Security.

Absolutely useless. They will confiscate your bottle cap, but they won't remove people who cut in front of others, and become angry and argumentative when the crowd won't let them.

Oh that was all encompassing under "people in East Rutherford, NJ."

They were so incredibly stupid. That stadium was built so flipping poorly, as well. And the way they were managing those trains, utter garbage.

Hurpa durp lets not let anyone wait alongside the tracks so they can queue next to where the train will be! Instead, lets let them all walk at the same time and try to tell them to 'keep moving down'. That makes so much sense!

AAAAAAAAAAnyways....

First video is up! about 8 to follow, should all be up by around noon tomorrow.

U2 - "Out of Control" (Live) at New Meadowlands Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ

Not to defend new Jersey transit... my ride home was actually very smooth and easy... but do you really think letting 10,000 people bum rush the trains is a good idea?

It's a hard situation getting out of there, but they made it much much better than the last time, and it's not as if they didn't warn everybody a million times leading up to the show.

OMG you guys! LOVED every second of the show. Ended up with a great seat instead of GA. Transit from Penn to and from was smooth, probably smoother if you are familiar with it though. I'm still high from the show this morning.

:heart:,

Was an unreal show. I think that one's moving to the top of my list. Stayed out of the pit, about 10-15 feet off the center tip of the ramp. Had a lot more fun out there than ever did on the pit. You really don't get the full effect of the awesomeness of the claw from inside the pit.

My legs are dying... I think I jumped for the entire show. The people not in our group probably thought I was a bit nuts when I rocked out to hold me thrill me kiss me kill me.

Last night was SOOOOOOO good! One of the bes t of the 16 or so shows I have seen.

AS far as security--I thought they were great--I saw them remove a few trouble makers who were wsqueezing their was in and causing issues at the last minute. I was in hte claw on Edge's side, and it was a great bunch around me for the most part! One of the most fun GA experinces i've had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom