It's GA "line" shenanigan time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Be interesting to see if TO security honours the notebook non transparent line line. Now if someone shows up at 6am tomorrow and waits right at the front of where I suspect they will start to give our wrist bands, you would know if they were going to suck the line note book holders what ever.

Last edited:
I was told that the list keepers sacrifice their time so everyone doesn't have to and that lining up the day of the show wasn't a solution. Then he inexplicably posted a video from the front row of The Roxy. Tried to engage in the "I'm a bigger U2 fan than you" contest.

I was told that the list keepers sacrifice their time so everyone doesn't have to and that lining up the day of the show wasn't a solution. Then he inexplicably posted a video from the front row of The Roxy. Tried to engage in the "I'm a bigger U2 fan than you" contest.

This is getting super sad. I'm glad I got the whole 'lining up' thing out of my system years ago before it got out of control (see what I did there?). I can still feel the stress of the whole thing. The concerts are supposed to be fun and they're anything BUT when you're exhausted, on edge (again, see what I did ;)), territorial, and when your positioning becomes more important than the music.

giphy.gif

Appreciating all the love for my magnum opus!

It's a blood bath. There's going to be a rumble between the "veteran" line leaders who made them do it, the other "veteran" line leaders who don't want them to, the current line leaders, and people who just want their Dunks regulah and a crullah.

giphy.gif

Appreciating all the love for my magnum opus.

Go get em!

Lining up on the day of the show isn't a solution? What kind of world is he living in?

He condescendingly told us it was a "fantasy" to think that would happen.

Hmmm... well, I then wonder why 98% of the other bands out there have fans that just line up the day of though? I get that some fanbases are bigger than others, but for a lot of people, it's not a problem coming by around 5 or 7 am the day of and just waiting as long as they need to, wherever they end up at. This is literally the only band I've ever dealt with this much drama for, one way or another. There's no such thing as lists for these other bands.

Then I think about my day schedule before the second Chicago show. Wake up at 9, shower, check out of the hotel, get some food and sit with my laptop at a Starbucks for most of the afternoon. Then park and head over to the stadium and get in line 10 minutes before doors open, only to get a great spot towards the main stage and ending up right behind the row to the right of Larry's kit anyway... most likely behind people who've been waiting all day. Granted, I waited all day the day before for a good tree stage spot too... but it definitely made it easier for me to think of potentially lining up for shows in the future without being there all day, if need be.

Btw, keep the memes, images and GIFs coming guys.

LOL. Maybe if you have VERY little going on in your own actual life.
Nah... don't go there.

Many (not all) of these people do very well for themselves. How else do you think they can afford to do this?

Are there those who literally save every last penny they have, and extend themselves beyond their means to do this because this is all they have? Sure, but that's really the exception, not the rule. Most of these frequent GAers have very full lives beyond U2.

That doesn't excuse the douchebaggery shown by the hidden lists and whatnot, but to label everyone who is a GA whore as not having a life is unfair and inaccurate.

Most of these people obviously have good jobs, but it's certainly fair to wonder how... unusual or awkward some of their social lives are.

Signed,
Almost 150,000 Posts on a U2 Messageboard

Just saw this on the u2 forum for MetLife Stadium after someone very smart followed up directly with MetLife:

From the Stadium:

"Any line formed before 10a off site will not constitute the line up inside at the gate."

:applaud:

Gives me hope since we need to wait on 1 person who can't get there until 2 pm.

It's going to be a very interesting situation since the New Jersey State Fair will be going on in the Meadowlands parking lot at the same time.

Just saw this on the u2 forum for MetLife Stadium after someone very smart followed up directly with MetLife:

From the Stadium:

"Any line formed before 10a off site will not constitute the line up inside at the gate."

It's going to be a very interesting situation since the New Jersey State Fair will be going on in the Meadowlands parking lot at the same time.
Nice.

I wonder if the MTA will run more trains, and run them earlier. The lack of mass transit at non event times should keep the line down, not to mention the stadium is surrounded by swampland.

Maybe they'll start the super secret line at the Shake Shack in Penn Station.

From the Stadium:

The biggest issue with the line nazis is they use surprise and the power of numbers to intimidate the venue security day of the show.

The only reasonable way to stop them is to alert the venue ahead of time and they might assign a slightly stronger security detail to enforce venue line rules, to ensure a bit of fairness/common sense.

Don't give them ideas! I can just imagine that next tour, these bullshit line people start saying "yeah, the stadium is so far out of the way, so we're making it totes fair for errybody by starting the queue outside Starbucks downtown. No, not that Starbucks. The other Starbucks. No, not that one either. Actually, it's a KFC."

Nice.

I wonder if the MTA will run more trains, and run them earlier. The lack of mass transit at non event times should keep the line down, not to mention the stadium is surrounded by swampland.

So far it looks like the connecting trains from Secauscus Junction will start at 4:45 and the Coach Buses from PA are going to start at 4:00 pm. Should keep the line a bit down. GA parking lot to open at 10.

Re: swampland - from prior experience bring bug spray in addition to sunscreen!!! The mosquitos are HUGE and we'll be coming off lots of rain this weekend....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom