Is this tour the final end of our Propaganda status for tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr_perfect

The Fly
What do you guys think? Do you think the band will give former prop members priority on future tours, or will it be all U2.com members as was the case for the first presales?

Well, let me put it this way - Do you think U2 want what happened in the first leg presales to happen again? The reality is that no one knows. Prop may be done and priority by membership number may replace it. However, I really doubt that would happen either. It (Prop) is the only measurement U2.com have of recognizing "longtime paying subscriber." The system may be new, but the paying fans have been there for much longer. :shrug:

mr_perfect said:
What do you guys think? Do you think the band will give former prop members priority on future tours, or will it be all U2.com members as was the case for the first presales?

I see no problem with keeping things the way they are right now...

the question is do you have to keep paying $40 a year for 4 years untli the next tour to keep your status?

Re: Re: Is this tour the final end of our Propaganda status for tickets?

bort269 said:

the question is do you have to keep paying $40 a year for 4 years untli the next tour to keep your status?

I don't think anyone knows the answer to this question.

But--- if they keep the Prop status, then my guess is YES.

Being a former Propaganda member, I haven't received any more status than u2.com members or so it seems. I've been shut out of the fall leg presales.
If and when they tour again....maybe one could hope they would go back to mail order tickets. The surcharges on Ticketbastard are insane.
Who knows what the future will hold. I will remain positive.:angel:

I hope it's the end. I think it was a nice deal, except for the fact that they've refused to let anyone new sign up for the past few years. :rolleyes: If there's another tour in 2-3 years and Prop members are still getting a deal, I'll be pissed.

I'm with Roland:

Propaganda is one of the things that measure recognizing "longtime paying subscribers." So you cut a lot of scalpers that signed only to purchase tickets.

Seniority must be a way to control who purchase tickets in what order and also users must renew membership to keep the Seniority

I just want to ask Do you think scalpers that bought 40 memberships will be paying $40 each for the next 4 years
to get again tickets in the next tour?.

A good one right ?

the scalpers that bought 100 U2.com memberships will :(

also, there were scalpers that bought PROP memberships in late 2001... I dunno if those same ones got U2.com memebrships...

I HOPE NOT!!

I think it's fairly safe to assume that most of the scalpers joined as U2.com members. First, because of the HUGE surge in U2 fan club memberships. Second, Propaganda was all through the mail which made everything more complicated.

To buy tix Prop required going out and getting a money order which is basically cash. Then the scalpor had to fill out a form, put it in an envelope and mail it in. If the scalper had 20 memberships he need to come up with a ton of cash up front, plus do all the administrative stuff.

Buying tickets now is so easy because you can put everything on a credit card and there is no paperwork to fill out.

This question may seem slightly off topic, but I'm bringing it up because I'm trying to get a gauge on how tickets will be sold for upcoming tours.

Other than the 1 day head start for Prop members, what changes were made for the 3rd leg presale that made things so much easier for non-Prop u2.com members? And how do these changes bode for future tours and presales?

Was it so much easier this time around because so many used their codes for leg 1 (including the brokers who had bought up so many u2.com memberships for the purpose of the presale) and that there were relatively less available codes for leg 3? If so, there should be just a difficult a time as it was for the leg 1 presale for upcoming tours, at least if the Prop status doesn't stay.

What about longtime fans who weren't propaganda members ? I think that if they use this system in the future, it's a bit unfair.

I once tried to subscribe to Propaganda, but they rejected my money order (I was too young to have a credit card back then). Does that make me less of a fan ?

I hope they do keep Propaganda status, but only if you continue to subscribe in the off-touring years. And then they can do it like on the 3rd leg - give the Prop members a 1 day advance. Realistically speaking, there are very few Prop subscribers in every city. Not all of them have joined U2.com. And many more will not continue to pay for a subscription when the band is not touring. So we are talking about a tiny, tiny number of people in any given city at any given time who are assured to get tickets. Everyone else can then have an equal shot after.

There is no way they should do it by the membership number. For one, tons of us who were Prop members were waiting for upwards of a month to even get our codes, thanks to their screw up. Why should we now be penalized for that? Second, tons of people had problems with Fanfire not charging their credit cards, double charging, charging 2 weeks later and so on. Why should they be penalized for Fanfire's incompetence.

Bottom line is, if they give Prop subscribers who KEEP subscribing to U2.com every year priority, this won't affect the rest of you. We'll be talking about a tiny proportion of tickets being sold to these people, probably the same amount that would have been allotted to ETS.

Back
Top Bottom