IO: Critical analyses here, pt. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, I can't resist...

Uberbeaver

Well, first off, welcome back from the cruise. While I’ve never met The Beav, he seems like a nice fellow, the type of guy you’d like to hang out with at the sports bar knocking back a few. Or the gay bar, or the gay sports bar…well, whatever.

The Beav has a great sense of humor/humour and, frankly, I think this skill is being wasted in real life. I get the sense he has a boring job with no outlet for creativity which is why he enjoys the blue crack/craic. It would be great if he could get a job writing for the Onion (Home | The Onion - America's Finest News Source), a sitcom, or Letterman. But, then again, if he did, he wouldn’t need this place. Any way, major points for keeping us laughing.

On the negative side, never figured out why he is always fighting with NSW. I assumed they were brothers but then I found out they’re both named Mike. So, unless their dad is related to George Foreman, I guess that theory is out the window. Although the cruise seems to have mellowed them a bit, I still have to deduct a few points here.

Finally, the avatar does not fit with the beaver motif so I have to deduct a few more points for that. Overall, though, a good score.

8.7/10

OK, I'm getting way behind here. Let's straighten a few things out:

First off, the queue is now:

Indra (assignment pending)
Dalton (assigned to LM, Pfan, LMP, NSW)
Angela Harlem (assigned to Axver)
RegularBonoFan (assigned to LM)
UberBeaver (assigned to LM, Pfan, LMP, NSW)

Second, NO REVIEWS BY ANYONE OTHER THAN A CERTIFIED CRITICAL BASTARD. :grumpy: This is what happened in the first thread; everyone started doing reviews and it became impossible to follow.

wow, if i'm not a certified critical bastard, then i don't know who is...
or was that sarcastic prick...
i can't remember the storyline anymore.
oh well...back to lurking.

Oh wow, that is very special. I didn't think anyone could top the poetic beauty of our beloved beeeg, but you belong on a medal podium alongside her, NSW.

Anna, when your IQ is akin to your shoe size, like mine is, that's about the best one can hope to conjure up.

I'm thrilled to be able to post even that, to be honest. It cuts to the core of my feelings and honors my relationship with Beav in simple, easy to consume terms.

Brevity is the soul of wit, though sometimes brevity is just a way to mask a complete and utter lack of anything to say. I've once again fallen victim to that.

Hey, who in here thinks that the Pillsbury Dough Boy needs a Pillsbury Dough Girl to keep him company?

Anna, when your IQ is akin to your shoe size, like mine is, that's about the best one can hope to conjure up.

I'm thrilled to be able to post even that, to be honest. It cuts to the core of my feelings and honors my relationship with Beav in simple, easy to consume terms.

Brevity is the soul of wit, though sometimes brevity is just a way to mask a complete and utter lack of anything to say. I've once again fallen victim to that.

Hey, who in here thinks that the Pillsbury Dough Boy needs a Pillsbury Dough Girl to keep him company?

sometimes less is more

:lol:

This thread has that certain je ne sais quoi, mais peut-etre jus de puissance (look it up, bitches) to it. Excellent work, kiddos. :up:

I suppose I'll go ahead and toss my hat into the ring. Analyze This!

billy_crystal12.jpg

Well, unless you want to admit that my admiration is due to poor judgement, then I stand by my words. The relationship you share with Ube is like a PO shares with a parolee, or that a Mr Whippy van shares with a Greensleeves midi. We're all privileged to be able to witness it.

Thank you.

Queue:

Indra (assignment pending)
Dalton (assigned to LM, Pfan, LMP, NSW)
Angela Harlem (assigned to Axver)
RegularBonoFan (assigned to LM)
UberBeaver (assigned to LM, Pfan, LMP, NSW)
love_u2_adam (assigned to LMP)
Diemen (assigned to NSW)

Back
Top Bottom