INXS tickets selling quickly!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
timothius said:

The only question remains... what is more embaressing INXS' new direction or David Hassellhoff & Missy Higgins arm in arm at the supposed apex of Australian music? :hmm:

Yikes! :yikes:

So "the Hoff" was as bad as I thought he would be..... So glad I didn't actually witness that. :shudder:

indra said:

Yikes! :yikes:

So "the Hoff" was as bad as I thought he would be..... So glad I didn't actually witness that. :shudder:

But really indra the ARIA's are a sham. I mean The Church lost out on the Adult Contemporary Award, while Evermore & Shihad were racially villafied in broad daylight in every catagory under the sun. :mad:

It was almost not worth going. :sad:

timothius said:

But really indra the ARIA's are a sham. I mean The Church lost out on the Adult Contemporary Award, while Evermore & Shihad were racially villafied in broad daylight in every catagory under the sun. :mad:

It was almost not worth going. :sad:

awww...

I would have liked to have seen The Church win, but the category they were in was a bit of an odd fit (although the album being acoustic is probably what got them the AC tag), and I don't give a whole lot of credence to industry awards. While they sometimes do get it right, they are often too busy fellating whoever is popular at the moment to care about who is actually good.

I did hear that Neil Finn did a nice solo version of Better Be Home Soon as part of a Paul Hestor tirbute though.... that would have been worthwhile (although sad).

indra said:
I would have liked to have seen The Church win, but the category they were in was a bit of an odd fit (although the album being acoustic is probably what got them the AC tag), and I don't give a whole lot of credence to industry awards. While they sometimes do get it right, they are often too busy fellating whoever is popular at the moment to care about who is actually good.

I am of a similar mind. I really don't give them that much creedance - especially the Australian ones which have fallen apart since it went televised. Now it just becomes an ego-wank to one particular artist each year who will take home 7 awards. This year is was Missy Higgins - who I have to say is the most worthy recipient in a long while - Jet, Delta Goodram, Killing Heidi, Savage Garden & Powderfinger have all got the accolades in the past. :down:

The Church lost to some female country singer... although apparently they did win a fairly major award in the late 80's best single or group or somthing... :wink:

indra said:
I did hear that Neil Finn did a nice solo version of Better Be Home Soon as part of a Paul Hestor tirbute though.... that would have been worthwhile (although sad).

Broke. My. Heart. :sad:

beli said:
STING, would you like me to upload some Delta Goodrem for you? Delta is on the tv often, and sells shitloads of CDs so she must be good.

:ohmy: Threatening the poor boy now are you? :wink:

and on a more serious not -- you changed your avatar!!! :yikes:

How am I supposed to know it's you posting now?? :huh:

I liked that angry little prawn.... :sad:

indra said:

:ohmy: Threatening the poor boy now are you? :wink:

and on a more serious not -- you changed your avatar!!! :yikes:

How am I supposed to know it's you posting now?? :huh:

I liked that angry little prawn.... :sad:

The prawn wasn't angry. :mad:

I actually got sick of people calling it an angry prawn. I'm not an angry individual so it wasn't the image I want to portray. :mad:

timothius said:

The Church lost to some female country singer... although apparently they did win a fairly major award in the late 80's best single or group or somthing... :wink:

Actually this time they lost to the Go-Betweens, so that wasn't too bad. :)

And yeah they did win on in the late 80's but none of them showed up for it. They've always been cranky guys. :wink:

timothius said:

Broke. My. Heart. :sad:

awww.... I can imagine it was. :(

beli said:

The prawn wasn't angry. :mad:

I actually got sick of people calling it an angry prawn. I'm not an angry individual so it wasn't the image I want to portray. :mad:

Oh it was cute!

...actually it reminded me of my mum...she used to often stand with her hands on her hips and tended to have this little ancient Roman soldier look going on... :huh: :reject: :D

My mom likes the "new INXS." My mom likes Donny Osmond. You do the maths. :grumpy:

GibsonGirl said:
My mom likes the "new INXS." My mom likes Donny Osmond. You do the maths. :grumpy:

I think that means you don't want to be caught dead with your mum in the music section of any store.... :ohmy:

GibsonGirl said:

:ohmy:

I can just hear the calls in the schoolgrounds this week from child to child:

"Your mum is fat" says one.
"Your mum is ugly" says another.
"Your mum likes the new INXS". says the third.:wink:

timothius said:

:ohmy:

I can just hear the calls in the schoolgrounds this week from child to child:

"Your mum is fat" says one.
"Your mum is ugly" says another.
"Your mum likes the new INXS". says the third.:wink:

:lmao:

indra said:

I think that means you don't want to be caught dead with your mum in the music section of any store.... :ohmy:

Or the car. :happy: She's quite fond of Lena Zavaroni as well. Whenever I come home over the weekends, I'm subjected to that yodelling child on repeat.

GibsonGirl said:

Or the car. :happy: She's quite fond of Lena Zavaroni as well. Whenever I come home over the weekends, I'm subjected to that yodelling child on repeat.

:laugh:

That's why I was ever so grateful for when my mum stopped driving and I drove whenever we went somewhere. You know, because the driver always gets to choose the music. :)

Poor woman. She got to know many, many Church/Kilbey songs by heart....and she didn't really want to. :rolleyes: :D

My father was into Pink Floyd, and all that quadrophonic crap, Mike Oldfield (sp? the Tubular Bells guy), JJ Cale, umm, anything that involves me having to sit precisely in the centre of all speakers and being very very quiet :happy:

Delta will be on the OC soon, so I think the warning to Americans is this: Enjoy pre-Delta World. It's a better place.

My mum HAD great music tastes (I attended a Bowie concert in the womb). Gone to shit now though.... Adult Contemporary ballads. A couple of songs off Atomic Bomb... My dad is all classical, opera and jazz.

indra said:

awww...

I would have liked to have seen The Church or the Go-Betweens win, but it was one of those "And awards we presented earlier this evening...." :mad:

Watching Neil sing made me cry :sad:

And I don't care what anyone else thinks, I LOVED THE HOFF!!!!!! :happy: there, I said it.

I LOVE THE HOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!! :heart: :love: :happy: :cute: :combust:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom