Interference Random Music Thread Part IX: Guys! THE PEEF DAWG!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did. Although no one was paying enough attention to me to hear my snarky remarks about the Michael Jackson snippet.

Also, the official Shuttlecock setlist machine missed a snippet. The world is about to end.

Seriously though, one I clearly remember isn't on there.

It may have been a little bit of both. The screen was definitely raised, but I read that pyre in the middle of the crab was also lowered. Either way, they were awfully close to each other. It was kind of funny looking. I really wish they would have played Austin instead, not only for convenience but also because I think that show would have been better outdoors.

I don't know if it was the first time they used this, but I haven't been able to find the animation that came on before "Ultraracquet" on YouTube for any other show. We got the Cockropa baby in a space ship saying a bunch of shit in a creepy voice. Needless to say, I was flipping out at the first glimpse of that little guy. Hopefully some video emerges.

Edit: FUCK YES. Here it is.

Well whatever it is, it was a very welcome surprise and sent me into quite a tizzy.

Well, it's no secret I'm not a big fan of the song, but it worked better as an opener than I anticipated. "No Net" was the best of the new tunes, but I was shocked by how much better "Get On Yr Cocks" is live. "Magnificock" is not a good live song at all, in contrast.

"Swing," yeah it wasn't bad. The drum intro kind of sets the mood well, and those big chords make for a decent way to start the show.

The Achtung, Birdie songs were by far the highlights, though. Of course, you all know that I'm extremely biased on that front. And if they're going to go with an all acoustic song that completely takes the wind out of sails, why not "Serve (Faraway, So Close)?" At least there will be some folks enjoying that one.

I couldn't have found a better companion for the show (Ft. Worth girl from the summer, if you recall). She was a blast to see the show with. Really got into it, except for the parts where she got VD from the dry humpers in front of us running into her over and over again, toward the end doing it on purpose. They left during the first song of the second encore (name omitted for Martha's sake), which couldn't have pleased me more. I even broke my trance to tell the guy he needs to learn some manners.

I think Dylan's Christmas LP probably deserves its own thread because that shit is amazing. I'm buying it for sure, and there's a chance that it will be the first Christmas album I ever show to my kids.

Dylan began his three night stint at the Palladium tonight, which is a smaller club for someone of his status.

I decided to go the third night. Hopefully it will have been a wise choise.

Dylan began his three night stint at the Palladium tonight, which is a smaller club for someone of his status.

I decided to go the third night. Hopefully it will have been a wise choise.

Have an awesome time! I saw him last November on Election Night; it was a homecoming show for him and everything, and damn, did he ever put on a fantastic performance! He even danced for a few seconds during one song. Plus, his rearrangements of songs are always interesting to hear.

I've only seen one GA show of his before, and it was pretty awesome. Although supposedly the line for last night's show was already around the block by 5pm. Ugh.

Where's Bonernie? Did all that Megan's Law stuff finally catch up with him?

Embryonic FTW.

hands.jpg

Just listened to Writer's Block and I'd forgotten how good an album it was. Now listening to Living Thing and forgot how uniformly different it is. I like it, but definitely different. Also, Peter sounds ridiculously like John Lennon. That is all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom