Interference Random Music Talk Part XV - We're using Charlie Rose tinted glasses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't Warpaint one of those Synch Space/The Smell/etc.etc.etc. bands? I could be way off on that, but the name certainly calls that shit to mind. "Shit" not meaning "shit," btw. I like some of that stuff pretty good.

Too bad about the drummer in Drunkdriver/Wives/etc. being a rapist, though.

Isn't Warpaint one of those Synch Space/The Smell/etc.etc.etc. bands? I could be way off on that, but the name certainly calls that shit to mind. "Shit" not meaning "shit," btw. I like some of that stuff pretty good.

As Impy said, Warpaint are a group of mostly hot girls. Also, Shannyn Sossamon used to be in the band, so that's where a lot of hype came from.

As a Verve fan, this is a little embarrassing:

Richard Ashcroft | Video

I don't get how the video looks all organic with all these musicians incl a string section, and yet the music sounds like totally canned bullshit.

FAIL.

As Impy said, Warpaint are a group of mostly hot girls.

Ha. I was talking about what they sounded like, but there you go. Aren't they lumped in with that newish school LA outsider scene? Neon prints? Facepaint? Feathers? Tribal drumming? Anti-folk? Acid? So forth?

Warpaint are at Lolla, but they're opposite Stars, who I'm just recently getting into. I choose Stars. Even though they're...Canadian. Ugh.

Don't expect a lot of Heart or Set Yourself on Fire tunes. They're doing their new album front to back. But do expect Torquil Campbell being an insufferable, histrionic douchebag.

The new album is fairly short though, so I'd think you'd still get a decent amount of older songs.

At least I hope you do. I saw them while touring for Set Yourself On Fire and it was a fantastic show.

:up:

I liked the first half better than the second, but it's pretty cool.

I was really impressed all the way through. Especially by "Roxanne". I abhor that song on a daily basis, but that version of it actually made me tear up a bit for one reason or another.

What was really great about it was that he didn't do a greatest hits album or anything. They're songs people who listen to his music know, but, not the ones you hear on the radio every day.

Don't expect a lot of Heart or Set Yourself on Fire tunes. They're doing their new album front to back. But do expect Torquil Campbell being an insufferable, histrionic douchebag.

Even at a festival?

I mean, I can't complain, I love their new album.

There's not really a diplomatic way of saying this, but wasn't there a separate thread for $ting's new snoozefest album?

Oh, I see it's all the way on page 2.

As a Verve fan, this is a little embarrassing:

Richard Ashcroft | Video

I don't get how the video looks all organic with all these musicians incl a string section, and yet the music sounds like totally canned bullshit.

FAIL.

Man, that makes me want to punch a baby. Some of his post verve output was awesome, but has been getting progressively shittier. This song blows. Get it together, Ashcroft

Yeah, I don't consider myself as someone who was down on his solo work. Some of it was very good. And I really loved the Verve reunion album.

What makes this sadder is the attempt to look rejuvenated and organic contrasted by what it actually sounds like.

Other than the obligatory love for Bittersweet Symphony, I've never cared for any other Verve songs I've heard.

Impy, don't you like The Black Angels? If so, then you should listen to 6 Songs by Sex Church, by Sex Church. It's on Convulsive Records. They're selling it $14 ppd. Worth most every penny, in my opinion. The real deal.

sex%20church-2.jpg

Impy, don't you like The Black Angels? If so, then you should listen to 6 Songs by Sex Church, by Sex Church. It's on Convulsive Records. They're selling it $14 ppd. Worth most every penny, in my opinion. The real deal.

Yeah, I'm a fan, as is Martha. I'll check the record out if I'm able to find it. Thanks a lot for the rec. I've hit a swoon in new music, so it'll be nice to hear something.

I think that the one jabroni just released some solo album/EP...? Or maybe they've an LP on the way, again. I don't fucking know.

Oh, dear, please forgive me this transgression.

I wasn't getting all wound up about it, just pointing it out. As I said, there wasn't a way to say it without sounding like a jerk. But now that we have that out of the way, isn't Random usually where people talk about actually cool music?

I wasn't getting all wound up about it, just pointing it out. As I said, there wasn't a way to say it without sounding like a jerk. But now that we have that out of the way, isn't Random usually where people talk about actually cool music?

It's cool; I overreacted. The way you posted that just made it seem like you were being sarcastic.

Honestly, the only reason I came in here and said anything was that I thought it was a rather interesting concept and thought (unlike Peter Gabriel, who failed) that he pulled it off rather well, so I did think it was rather cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom