Interference Random Music Talk Part IV: Avoiding KNIFE CRIME for One More Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I remember about Chumbawamba is that there were a lot of them, and they were called Chumbawamba.

Is it the "IIIIII don't want to work, I want to bang on my drum all day" song?

no. it goes, "i get knocked down / but i get up again / no you're never gonna keep me down."

and it does this over and over and over.

it's kind of joyous, in that 5th grade MMMBop kind of way.

no. it goes, "i get knocked down / but i get up again / no you're never gonna keep me down."

I definitely associate them with a fun, joyous kind of song but I just can't hear it in my head. I know the song, but I can't remember it.

Don't forget the "pissing the night awayyyyyyyy" refrain.

And that's funny you said 5th grade because I'm pretty sure that was the grade I was in when that song came out. Either way, it was everywhere.

Oh yeah, now I remember, of course.

never mind - I didn't see the video had already been posted. :angry:

It's kind of a great song. I remember at the time I thought I should be in a band like Chumbawamba. There are so many people in the band nobody would notice I didn't really bring anything to the party.

It's kind of a great song. I remember at the time I thought I should be in a band like Chumbawamba. There are so many people in the band nobody would notice I didn't really bring anything to the party.

this is a good point. it reminds me of how i feel whenever i stumble across "True Romance" or "School Ties" on TV. everyone is in those two movies, including me i'm pretty sure.

I was living in Japan, had pretty much no ability to hear music at the time, and even I heard it everywhere I went.

That and the mf-in' Titanic song.....

I was living in Japan, had pretty much no ability to hear music at the time, and even I heard it everywhere I went.

I was leaving NYC for NM and so busy with my new life that I wasn't really listening to new music at all. Yet, somehow, I heard it. A lot.

I was leaving NYC

Martha Stipe

:wink:

Speaking of Titanic Song, I was reminded of Satanicide's awesome version of the track, which oddly Youtube does not have. They do have the Sundance 2003 featured "documentary" on Satanicide called "Jer-Z Knights" though, which is awesome and has a short clip of their version of the track right at about the 3 minute mark.

YouTube - JER-Z KNIGHTS

I guess I had my head up my ass or sumpin'. :scratch:

I'm using this as an excuse to bike home!

You'll know it when you hear it. If I know it, everybody knows it, because I almost never have any intentional contact with mainstream music whatsoever. I never listen to the radio or watch videos.* But somehow this song found its way into even my consciousness.

* Not that there's anything wrong with that - I just never think to do it. We even have a decent radio station here but it just never occurs to me to turn it on.

I'm trying to figure out if I lost my boob virginity to Titanic or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom