What's next for Interference?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My politics basically completely flipped about a year or two after joining here, so I prefer to forget everything I posted before about mid-2005 or 2006. Recently tried to find an early song ranking I made and instead came across some nasty rant about "illegal immigrants" instead.

1) people were complaining that this place was "uninviting and toxic" going back as far as I can search. It didn't stop the membership numbers then, and it's not the reason why people don't post here now. If anything there seems to have been more bickering and infighting back then than there is now.

Yepppp.

This place is positively cuddly compared to some of its finest moments.

Honestly, anyone who thinks Interference is uninviting or toxic clearly has had a very sheltered Internet experience. This is one of the more tame and mild forums out there.

Not just you, acrobat. I flooded Zoo Confessionals with that shit for a loooooong time.

Okay maybe we keep that around too, to encourage people to use it among the newly-reduced forum landscape.

U2 is in a weird situation that's been developing since HTDAAB got success. They are a big band that are being pushed into irrelevance and a smaller spotlight. Naturally there will be less forum interest. Internet also makes people unwittingly isolate themselves in their own preferences.

It will be interesting to see what music U2 decides to produce, if at all. I still hope they shoot for the moon when it comes to making music.

If the music is really good, people will listen to it, and then maybe talk about it on forums.

I'm sure an ultra right wing totally-not-an-alter will tell us soon enough

I cringe when I think back to some of my posts on this Forum.... This is the only Forum I I visit and post on and my old age and lack of savvy-ness on how to post is just awful.

Interesting read this thread; I remember watching Ax's post count back in the day... and he shared some bootleg content with me to get me started in that exercise via the "blanks and postage" concept. Fun times; thanks again.

Whatever happens, I hope this place stays around and has a place for posts like this mid-thread:

I have the fan club give U2-3D dance mixes on vinyl, alas, nothing to play it on. If someone wants it, or knows someone who wants it, I'll send it to them. PM me.

Maybe in return you are good at capturing songs on YouTube or other sources and might be willing to send me (electronically) some E & I content from Europe... songs like Fly and Zoo Station that did not get played in the USA.

Carry on.

Last edited:
3473867313_744ababa79_z.jpg

Interesting read this thread; I remember watching Ax's post count back in the day... and he shared some bootleg content with me to get me started in that exercise via the "blanks and postage" concept. Fun times; thanks again.

Oh man, I'd almost forgot about that stuff until I stumbled upon some old customs declaration forms the other day. At one point I was such a regular at the post office that the guy gave me a big pile so I could fill them out before I came in to post bootlegs to Nebraska or Otago or Yorkshire or wherever they were going. But I drifted away from trading before using them all. Those forms and the handful of blank CDs they're sitting with could almost go in a museum now.

Okay, looks like the forum reorganization isn't going to happen.

However, there's been an odd uptick in traffic lately, which feels like a great think to capitalize on. I'm thinking of running Rate The Song starting in the next week or so, if I can figure out how to make the time to do so. Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom