Interference Random Movie Talk X: Dogs and Cats Living Together... Mass Hysteria!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love Exposure.

Wow.

Well, hmm. It isn't nearly as good as Noriko's Dinner Table. But it's one hell of a trip I'm not soon to forget.

Tonight's class reminds me just how staggeringly more fantastic Beauty and the Beast is than any other Disney animated film.

Love Exposure.

Wow.

I'll try to get to watching this soon, so we can discuss.

Tonight's class reminds me just how staggeringly more fantastic Beauty and the Beast is than any other Disney animated film.

:rolleyes:

3sd.jpg

1sd.jpg

4sd.jpg

7sd.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I think Beauty and the Beast is by far the pinnacle of the late Disney renaissance. But I just don't think it holds a candle to most of the old school classics. I'd take the two I mentioned over it, as well as Snow White, Bambi, and probably Peter Pan, Dumbo, The Jungle Book, and Alice and Wonderland as well. Hell, you can just throw in The Rescuers, too.

Sleeping Beauty isn't really short on plot, either, it just doesn't have a clear protagonist (the fairy godmothers are in it significantly more than the princess) But what it does have is the greatest villain to ever appear in one of the studio's films and some truly inspired art direction. The style of the film is out of this world.

Well, we'll just have to agree to hate each other then.

A good DVD rip of Thirst (2009) is out there to be had.

"Tree of Life made use of both 35mm and the digital RED One camera, with the present day sequences shot with the RED and the past sequences shot in 35"
:hmm:

Don't get me wrong, I think Beauty and the Beast is by far the pinnacle of the late Disney renaissance. But I just don't think it holds a candle to most of the old school classics. I'd take the two I mentioned over it, as well as Snow White, Bambi, and probably Peter Pan, Dumbo, The Jungle Book, and Alice and Wonderland as well. Hell, you can just throw in The Rescuers, too.

Sleeping Beauty isn't really short on plot, either, it just doesn't have a clear protagonist (the fairy godmothers are in it significantly more than the princess) But what it does have is the greatest villain to ever appear in one of the studio's films and some truly inspired art direction. The style of the film is out of this world.

Funny that you mention The Rescuers, because I think that The Rescuers Down Under is one of the more epic Disney films in its scope and probably the most overlooked of that '90s period.

Pinocchio is by far my favorite Disney film. That deserves a re-watch soon as well.

Tonight's class reminds me just how staggeringly more fantastic Beauty and the Beast is than most any other film.

Fixed.

Sleeping Beauty rules, too. It's awesome that they adapted Tchaikovsky's work for the score and the songs. But Beauty and the Beast will always be my favorite. And Belle is the hottest Disney princess. She's the Rory Gilmore of Disney princesses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sU4mgkGtrs

Malick went digital?!

That's...unfortunate.

I can totally understand this reaction.

However, the prospect of who might be cinema's single greatest visual filmmaker experimenting with HD Video is too much for me to resist. But I'm a digital junkie, so I dunno.

Also I think the notion of using analog and digital for the two discreet periods of the film is pretty fantastic. Finally, I doubt this is an indication of Malick leaving film behind as a rule or anything like it was for Mann or Fincher or any of those guys.

Fixed.

Sleeping Beauty rules, too. It's awesome that they adapted Tchaikovsky's work for the score and the songs. But Beauty and the Beast will always be my favorite. And Belle is the hottest Disney princess. She's the Rory Gilmore of Disney princesses.

YouTube - RUSSIA -- Tchaikovsky - Sleeping Beauty - Waltz

Not to mention that Gaston is one of the better Disney villains in all of his WASP-y glory.

1. Jafar
2. Malificent
3. Ursula
4. Gaston
5. Cruella deVil

I've seen very few Disney films. This includes most of those "classic" animation ones like Snow White and Peter Pan and the like. I still don't really know what happens in Peter Pan.

But I'll bet that surprises no one.

Is that the one that's about Dalton? Shit, that gives Captain Hook's character a whole new meaning.

Malick went digital?!

That's...unfortunate.

Digging a little more into this, it seems like only parts of the modern segment of the film were shot with RED. Apparently most of the primary footage shot with the major actors was done together and on 35mm, but a good number of pick-up shots for Penn's part of the film were shot on DV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom