Interference Random Movie Talk Episode VI: Return of Lance's Mom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The movie was pretty bad. I've heard the animated show got better as it went on, but I'm not a fan of the animation compared to the original miniseries with Tartakovsky's designs.

It's aimed at too young of a level for me to really enjoy, and like you said, the Tartakovsky cartoons were better.

Man, I was just talking to someone about how awesome the Batman animated series was... incredibly adult and gritty for what was marketed as a kid's show.

I am really looking forward to this live action thing, though. I think after BSG Lucas definitely has the gauntlet thrown down, and I anticipate he'll deliver a quality product.

Whether or not anyone will recognize this is another thing altogether. The haters and critics will be out in full force against this one, no pun intended.

I've been looking forward to it as well. Hopefully he's able to snag some cast members and writers from Firefly, BSG, Lost or something, that'd be great.

Oh, did you know that the Kurtzman/Orci duo did a "script polish" on Watchmen after Snyder's draft? That sounds like a pure studio lackey job to me.

tetro.com

June 11! Holy shit, hooray!

Almost makes up for The Tree of Life being ever-further away. Almost.

32862.jpg

From the new Von Trier.

Not at all the route I was expecting you to take with that one, Laz.

Awesome trailer to complement what was already one of the best posters I've seen for a film in a long, long time. I'm excited about this one.

Pretty cool trailer. Other than the use of that song by Win Butler and his merry band of walking assholes. Karen O. is doing the music for the actual movie, which is hot. You take the good with with the bad I guess.

I guess she and Spike are on good terms again.

Maybe I just think it looks awesome since I loved the book so much as a kid. Plus Arcade Fire. But I'm loving the style of it.

I'm currently reading Cormac McCarthy's The Road, and I found out that they're making a film of it, due out this year, starring Viggo Mortensen, AND they used the abandoned PA turnpike (a 13-mile stretch of the original turnpike that they stopped using in 1968 and has just been left to slowly crumble and be overgrown) to film quite a bit of it, which is awesome.

I'm currently reading Cormac McCarthy's The Road, and I found out that they're making a film of it, due out this year, starring Viggo Mortensen, AND they used the abandoned PA turnpike (a 13-mile stretch of the original turnpike that they stopped using in 1968 and has just been left to slowly crumble and be overgrown) to film quite a bit of it, which is awesome.

It was discussed a while ago:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f293/first-look-at-the-road-188660.html

:heart: The Road

I really want to dive into some Cormac before The Road gets released. That Shutter Island poster is fantastic.

And if we're talking about intense things, I saw The Deer Hunter for the first time last night... who wants to play some Russian roulette?

Also, did anyone see that Bruno got slapped with an NC-17? Not that surprising, if you read the description of the footage showed at SXSW.

Secured my tickets for a midnight showing of Star Trek: The Motion Picture this friday night.

Hooray for me and nerds everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom