Interesting but rather useless stats.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Assuming they are played in Gothenburg, Sunday Bloody Sunday and With Or Without You will be played for the 550th and 500th time respectively. Though as far as Sunday Bloody Sunday goes, it's only the 550th known performance, as we're missing a few sets from the Pre-War/War/Under Australian Skies Tours and a couple from the UF Tour. I'm pretty sure every performance of With Or Without You is recorded.

Beautiful Day will also equal An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart for total times played tomorrow (at 193), though even moreso than SBS, ACD/ITH's count is lower due to the lack of early setlists.

Just thought some of you may find that mildly interesting ...

Axver said:
Assuming they are played in Gothenburg, Sunday Bloody Sunday and With Or Without You will be played for the 550th and 500th time respectively. Though as far as Sunday Bloody Sunday goes, it's only the 550th known performance, as we're missing a few sets from the Pre-War/War/Under Australian Skies Tours and a couple from the UF Tour. I'm pretty sure every performance of With Or Without You is recorded.

Beautiful Day will also equal An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart for total times played tomorrow (at 193), though even moreso than SBS, ACD/ITH's count is lower due to the lack of early setlists.

Just thought some of you may find that mildly interesting ...

I actually do find this stuff interesting, if I'm not on this website I go to www.vertigo_2005 or something like ...now, I know I really need to get a life:wink:

Axver, that is interesting (AND useless) info. :wink:

I can't imagine playing a song 500+ times.....I think I'd get sick of it. But perhaps not, once I see 50,000 people go ape sh!t when I play it....like SBS/WTSHNN

SiW87 said:

I think Pride is the song that was played live the most. I can't remember where I heard that but I think it was played over 650 times or something?

I could be wrong, anyone want to confirm?

Nope, Pride is second, it'll go to 664 today. I Will Follow is first, I think it's about 20 ahead.

Edit: just checked u2-vertigo-tour.com, and I was extremely close! After being played in Gothenburg, I Will Follow has been performed 686 times. However, it suffers from the lack of early sets (and worse than ACD/ITH, as I Will Follow was played twice at some shows!) and is certainly past 700!

Last edited:
I think "I Will Follow" has been played the most...

Well, its' been around almost the longest and it's been played at every tour as far as I know

Re: Re: Interesting but rather useless stats.

YBORCITYOBL said:

I actually do find this stuff interesting, if I'm not on this website I go to www.vertigo_2005 or something like ...e been on the site for about half a year now.

Re: Re: Re: Interesting but rather useless stats.

Axver said:

Are you talking about u2-vertigo-tour.com? I'm one of the admins there ... and why am I an admin? Because I spent hours on the site! I got talking to the guy running it and one thing led to another, so I've been on the site for about half a year now.

Yes, I really like that site I spend countless hours on it.

I went back to an old thread on this site and it was about songs that U2 have never played even in snippeted form. The people on this thread mentioned Promenade how it was never played in any form and then this chap said that wasn't true because he was at a London Gig on the JT Tour and said that they snippeted it.

My question is posed to Axver and all others who find this stuff interesting if this is true or not? If it is true, is there a Bootleg out there? This is one of my all-time favorites and would probably die if I were to hear it.

Axver said:

Nope, Pride is second, it'll go to 664 today. I Will Follow is first, I think it's about 20 ahead.

Edit: just checked u2-vertigo-tour.com, and I was extremely close! After being played in Gothenburg, I Will Follow has been performed 686 times. However, it suffers from the lack of early sets (and worse than ACD/ITH, as I Will Follow was played twice at some shows!) and is certainly past 700!

Okay, cool! I wasn't completely sure. :up:

Axver said:
Assuming they are played in Gothenburg, Sunday Bloody Sunday and With Or Without You will be played for the 550th and 500th time respectively.

ok... when is this concert, and why isn't anybody doing some kind of fan action... at least for WOWY?

Imagine a big 500 when they start playing that song... :drool:

Back
Top Bottom