I'm In Big Trouble, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2democrat said:
Irvine I'm hearing a lot of postive responses to the thought of you writing a book for women on men :sexywink:

maybe i can start an "ask irvine about men" thread or something ... and then from that, i can turn it into a book and be sort of like a U2-obsessed Carrie Bradshaw!

but with more masculine shoes.

Irvine511 said:

maybe i can start an "ask irvine about men" thread or something ... and then from that, i can turn it into a book and be sort of like a U2-obsessed Carrie Bradshaw!

but with more masculine shoes.

Sounds good! :up: I'd definitely buy that book.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

:lol:

Maybe I should just let that casually drop into the next conversation; he'll be mine like THAT! :lmao:

Right, like when you ask him about lunch on Monday, and he asks which day is better, you'd say, "I'm flexible, and in more ways than one."

:wink:

He speaks! :shocked:

He was walking by my desk again, with his coat on. I got up to grab some stuff off the copier and as he passed me he turned his head back around, said, "Goodnight, April" and left out my door.

And so this concludes this week of "As April's and BD's Office Turns" :p

And it's amazing how that one little meaningless thing somehow erases the past few days. Me = complete idiot! :lol:

I'll be at your house with bells on, Miroslava! :drunk:

Miroslava said:
Irvine is :drool:

We don't just need more straight men like you, we need people like you period :up:

I've been out sick for a few days, and just caught up on this thread. And I have to agree - Irvine511 rocks! :yes:

:hmm: I dont know. April I wish you all the luck in the world with this and I hope it works out for you.

I just dont agree with sweeping generalizations or stereotypes about either gender. I think you set yourself up for trouble if you apply that to a specific person or situation. Sex In The City is a TV show. Not real life, obviously. I just hate when I see people make it seem like men are these mindless drones that have no feelings, are only after sex and have no purpose to what they do. If I like a girl, I'm very purposeful in what I do around her to get her attention. So little things can have meaning, yes, even if its a guy doing them. May not be in April's case here, but no one here knows this guy on here except April. So there is no way any of us can judge it but her.

Sorry for the little rant. Again, April, I'm rooting for you here along with I think everyone else. :up: But I had to comment on the direction of some peoples opinions about "your man" :laugh:

Blue Room said:
:hmm: I dont know. April I wish you all the luck in the world with this and I hope it works out for you.

I just dont agree with sweeping generalizations or stereotypes about either gender. I think you set yourself up for trouble if you apply that to a specific person or situation. Sex In The City is a TV show. Not real life, obviously. I just hate when I see people make it seem like men are these mindless drones that have no feelings, are only after sex and have no purpose to what they do. If I like a girl, I'm very purposeful in what I do around her to get her attention. So little things can have meaning, yes, even if its a guy doing them. May not be in April's case here, but no one here knows this guy on here except April. So there is no way any of us can judge it but her.

Sorry for the little rant. Again, April, I'm rooting for you here along with I think everyone else. :up: But I had to comment on the direction of some peoples opinions about "your man" :laugh:

Oh, no problem Mike. :) It is a bit unfair to paint all men with the same brush, I agree, but when applying things to this situation I'm with the camp that thinks discretion may be being used here, especially after a couple there (who no longers works there, they each got other jobs at other places) was dragged through the mud after it was discovered they were an item. I'm not saying he for sure likes me or feels the same, but when I first started there they came up one day in one of our talks and even then I was searching to see if he had a stance either way on office dating, and he didn't say he was against it (actually, he didn't mention an opinion either way, but if he were against it he would have said something - the man's got his opinions, for sure!).

Another theory could be I'm really the only single female in the office - every other woman we know there is married, in long term relationships headed towards marriage, or older and the type of woman who'd be your Aunt Betty who "just never found a nice man". So in that case I see for sure how discretion could be a must; maybe he doesn't want to be seen as "pouncing". When I first started there it seemed like I couldn't get rid of him (he was giving me advice, asking me how things were going, if I liked it, etc.), and even now we do have cute flirty talks, so... How confusing! :tongue:

In any case, I guess we'll all see how this week goes!

:zen: :chill: :zen: :chill:

:laugh:

Oh, no problem Mike. :) It is a bit unfair to paint all men with the same brush, I agree, but when applying things to this situation I'm with the camp that thinks discretion may be being used here, especially after a couple there (who no longers works there, they each got other jobs at other places) was dragged through the mud after it was discovered they were an item. I'm not saying he for sure likes me or feels the same, but when I first started there they came up one day in one of our talks and even then I was searching to see if he had a stance either way on office dating, and he didn't say he was against it (actually, he didn't mention an opinion either way, but if he were against it he would have said something - the man's got his opinions, for sure!).

Another theory could be I'm really the only single female in the office - every other woman we know there is married, in long term relationships headed towards marriage, or older and the type of woman who'd be your Aunt Betty who "just never found a nice man". So in that case I see for sure how discretion could be a must; maybe he doesn't want to be seen as "pouncing". When I first started there it seemed like I couldn't get rid of him (he was giving me advice, asking me how things were going, if I liked it, etc.), and even now we do have cute flirty talks, so... How confusing! :tongue:

In any case, I guess we'll all see how this week goes!

:zen: :chill: :zen: :chill:

:laugh:

Oh, on the descretion part. I agree 100%, see my prior posts on this thread. I have been advocating descretion because of the work situation from the beginning. So I agree, that is the smart course of action. I was replying to more of the, "he has no idea he is doing anything, he is a man" posts. He may very well know. Its hard to say, its an individual personality thing. Not a gender thing. Thats what I was trying to point out.

Blue Room said:

Oh, on the descretion part. I agree 100%, see my prior posts on this thread. I have been advocating descretion because of the work situation from the beginning. So I agree, that is the smart course of action. I was replying to more of the, "he has no idea he is doing anything, he is a man" posts. He may very well know. Its hard to say, its an individual personality thing. Not a gender thing. Thats what I was trying to point out.

Oh, duh me... lol My head is so twisted around at this point over this thing, I couldn't tell you which way is up! :lol:

Oh, duh me... lol My head is so twisted around at this point over this thing, I couldn't tell you which way is up! :lol:

it's ok...it happens to the best of us. it's happening to me right now. :ohmy:

i just bury my head in the sand about it and hope it resolves itself. :huh: :reject:

Ok, how long do I give him before I "casually" go over to his cube, asking which day works better for him?

well what time is your lunch hour???

Cleveland! Cleveland! Cleveland!

That will get you through babe. Well that, and memories of Friday should help too :drunk:

:hug:

Sorry he's not there. :(

He's just listed as being absent. Now if it had said he'd taken a vacation day, I would have been pissed. :madwife:

I know it's awfully egotisical (and non-trusting, and paranoid) of me to speculate that he could've taken today off to avoid me, but... Wtf. :sigh:

Anyway, whatever.

don't read to much in it. maybe he's sick or maybe he's just taking the morning off for an appointment or something.

Sweet Tart said:

don't read to much in it. maybe he's sick or maybe he's just taking the morning off for an appointment or something.

I know it most likely has nothing to do with me, but this just feels like another huge slap in the face.

If tomorrow sucks, I think it'll be time to start thinking about giving up on this entire stupid thing. God, I'm an idiot. Flargh.

I know it most likely has nothing to do with me, but this just feels like another huge slap in the face.

If tomorrow sucks, I think it'll be time to start thinking about giving up on this entire stupid thing. God, I'm an idiot. Flargh.

i'm 99.9999999999999999% sure it has nothing to do with avoiding you. nothing.

don't give up until you know, or you get a clear, unmistakable sign that he's not interested. you'll kick yourself forever if you don't at least try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom