I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is one of my favorite songs on the album. So joyful and uplifting, it just makes me feel so jubilant at the end.

It also reminds me of one of the 2006 beach clips. I forgot which one exactly, but does anyone else feel the same way?

This is one of my favorite songs on the album. So joyful and uplifting, it just makes me feel so jubilant at the end.

It also reminds me of one of the 2006 beach clips. I forgot which one exactly, but does anyone else feel the same way?

Yep the "All my Life" clip. I had been thinking the same thing.

Not the right venue BUT, every appreciation thread should start with the lyrics. . . Good job!

In any case, if this is not the next single, I will shit my pants and sell it on eBay!

still my favorite song on the album... it's underrated... it's the Miracle Drug or Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses for me... that song that is not most people's fav on the album, but there are mine..

Just heard it on the radio. Thought it sounded terrific and I think it would play well to the masses. I wouldn't be surprised if this became a single :up:

I love listening to this while driving, top volume, windows open. I defy anyone, anyone, to do so and not just smile from ear to ear! This is a feel good song, just bursting out all over with joy.
"do you hear me? I'll be shoutin', we're gonna make it all the way to the light"

you could just about sum up what u2 means to me in that one line, right there. :love:

ps there is a ding sound buried in this song that is the exact sound my car makes when a warning light comes on. It gets me every time. Same sound is in 4 other songs on the album!

I like it- I think it suffers from a bad title (why not just leave it at Crazy Tonight - I think it works as a lyric more than as a title). Seems to be the most personal Bono song on the album...

Quick Initial Review

I really love the melody here and the way he sings the lyrics. Initially I thought it was their worst song title ever, even worse than LAPOE but I'm not going to harp on that because the music is really really pretty here. And the line "every beauty needs to go out with an idiot" never fails to make me laugh. The intro with that chord sequence reminds me of Journey a little bit. :reject: lol. But overall, a nice simple song that would perhaps have fit on ATYCLB. 7/10

It was the one song that initially did nothing for me. But it's growing a little...especially the "baby baby baby" part. It doesn't help that those repetitive few notes throughout the song sound like Abba.

The falsetto squeaks will take time to get used to...

I shouldn't post in this appreciation thread, but I do, because the song has grown on me. I still don't like the falsetto, but I like most of what's coming afterwards. My favourite part is: How can you stand next to the truth and not see it.

Can anyone explain why this, that was the song I liked the least is the one I'm hearing the most now? :applaud::hyper:

I think I'm loving it. :heart:
Me too - when I first heard it I thought...oh no, why this cheese?

Then I started to like it now I totally love it - even the falsetto - I initially hated it too but am used to it now and it's seems normal now.

Also, "it's not a hill it's a mountain" his voice is completely shot.

I think he's trying to show the anxiety felt at the moment of the lyric.

They wouldnt have left it like that if it wasnt done on purpose.

do we think Bono will be able to play the acoustic guitar part on tour or is it going to be like OOTS when we get one version or another (electric or acoustic)??

I really like this song. Already this song is getting thrown around on here just because its a bit more traditional than the other songs and yada yada. I also love the drums on this song, good job Larry. :up:

ok I find the opening line to this song so beautiful, I know it may sound stupid but the lyric and the melody, it's so uplifting and thought provoking almost, just the melody..."she's a rainbow and she loves the peaceful life" - there's just something about the lyric too, it's pure happiness and optimism oozing out of Bono...as Edge sets the mood perfectly in the background and Larry plays a beautiful rhythm that flows brilliantly.

I think there's an underlying theme throughout this album, but particularly resonant in this song, of looking forward to the future and looking at things optimistically...the "kiss the future, fuck the past" mentality...and then as the next verse begins..

"every generation gets a chance to change the world"

I know it might annoy some people but it makes sense in context. Later on Bono sings about making it to the light. It's all about being excited about the future and what it may bring.

But that first line. Seriously! Try walking outside on a beautiful day with this song blasting in your Ipod. When that first line comes in, holy shit, it's so perfect...it really gets to me...just an effortless, gorgeous intro to a wonderful song. :)

ok I find the opening line to this song so beautiful, I know it may sound stupid but the lyric and the melody, it's so uplifting and thought provoking almost, just the melody..."she's a rainbow and she loves the peaceful life" - there's just something about the lyric too, it's pure happiness and optimism oozing out of Bono...as Edge sets the mood perfectly in the background and Larry plays a beautiful rhythm that flows brilliantly.

I think there's an underlying theme throughout this album, but particularly resonant in this song, of looking forward to the future and looking at things optimistically...the "kiss the future, fuck the past" mentality...and then as the next verse begins..

"every generation gets a chance to change the world"

I know it might annoy some people but it makes sense in context. Later on Bono sings about making it to the light. It's all about being excited about the future and what it may bring.

But that first line. Seriously! Try walking outside on a beautiful day with this song blasting in your Ipod. When that first line comes in, holy shit, it's so perfect...it really gets to me...just an effortless, gorgeous intro to a wonderful song. :)

I agree with you 100% here - especially the last paragraph - In fact, I'd say to anyone to go on a long walk in the woods as I did at the weekend or walk along the coast, whatever, and play the WHOLE album on your mp3 player at full volume...
AMAZING!!!

I agree with you 100% here - especially the last paragraph - In fact, I'd say to anyone to go on a long walk in the woods as I did at the weekend or walk along the coast, whatever, and play the WHOLE album on your mp3 player at full volume...
AMAZING!!!

yep, this album really works well in that regard...pretty awesome :up:

Ok, I really don't like this song anymore lol. It was ok for the first 2 listens, now it just sounds full of cheese. So much that you actually feel like breaking the cheese down with a grater.

I love this song. I don't care if it's cheesy, I love it and I'm not ashamed to say it!

I do wish they had shortened the title to just "Crazy Tonight"

I love this song. I don't care if it's cheesy, I love it and I'm not ashamed to say it!

I do wish they had shortened the title to just "Crazy Tonight"

I hated this when I first heard it on the Walmart tapes. I tried to get into it but soon got into the habit of skipping past it.

But...

...it's kind of growing on me now.

This wasn't one of my favorite songs at first, but it's been in my head the last two days.

Back
Top Bottom