I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's def growing on me;

love the lyric about "every sweet tooth needs a hit"

Makes me think the sweet tooth is referring to this "sugary pop tune" and hit refers to a chart hit...

i love the song but is that cello (if it's a cello?) slightly out of tune at the end of the song because there is a dud note there that just grates me every time :crazy:

Kristine Stone on XM radio(Spectrum) said that it's U2's best so far. I think she caught herself and hinted that it's their best off this album. It's definitely in my top 3 so far.

Actually I thought this was the worse song off the album, but listening to it today suddenly got into it. The last chorus is quite something.

Before the song was released I always imagined the title being sung to the 'Window In The Skies' tune. :huh:

Funny that I think its the worst song on the album :|

he he....well you are not alone! I feel the same way. I don't hate the song (I don't hate any on the album), but I will admit that I listen to this one the least.
I think it just boils down to what we look for in u2 songs.... I love MoS and there are people who couldn't care less for it.... 'Crazy' doesn't do anything for me, but based on this thread many people find it fantastic. But at least there's something for everyone :hyper:

I love the "it's not a HIIIIIIIILL, it's a MOUNTAAAAAIN" bit, but I'm not too keen on the 'but-i-know-i'll-go-crazy-if-i-DONT-GO-CRAZY-toniiiiight' bit. Just seems a bit... stuck on the end. :( lmao.

After a week of listening to the album I find myself listening to this more than Magnificent. I think it will be the biggest hit off the album and can certainly see why it will likely be the second single. I also had a non-U2 fan, who is in a band herself, listen to it and she liked it much better than Magnificent. But, I still love Magnificent too!!

What a stoopid foo'el I have been!

Look back at my previous comments about this song if you must.

While I stand by my claim that this shouldn't be the next single, and Magnificent should, I now have to retract my dislike of this song.

It's grown on me. Just when I was thinking the first four Eno-Lanois songs were the best part of the album, all of a sudden the middle 'pop' section is becoming infectiously catchy.

Since I hated "Crazy Tonight" I have only listened to it three more times in 48 hours... now, album officially in hand (several copies actually, one for car, one for CD player, one for shelf, one for my mate, one for my mum!) I am starting to like "Crazy Tonight"...

It is not so much "mid-west, middle American music that would suit Party of Five or any movie starring Meg Ryan".... no offence to my American brothers and sisters here.... but this song is actually IRISH pop.... the guitar solo is incredibly influenced by Irish trad music!

OK, I am man enough to admit when I am wrong. Crazy is not my fav song on the record, but I no longer hate it, I love it like I love most U2 songs.

More strange proof that this is the best since Achtung at the very least, and possibly more....

There are at least SIX killer singles on this album!!!!!!!

APART FROM BOOTS....

1. Magnif....
2. Unknown Caller...
3. Moment of...
4. SUC....
5. Crazy....
6. Breathe....

And don't worry, the rock radio stations around the world will be complicit in our lads' aim of taking over the world again, they will play them all. This is not "Pop" (which I actually love).

It's not as if there is that much competition out there at the moment is there... some great young-ish bands, yes... but not in this league.

U2 have done it again.

I.... LOVE.... THIS... ALBUM.... and I am 30+

My mate Steve loves this album... he is 24....

My mum loves this album... she is 68... and not even normally a fan of rock music......

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.... pattern developing.

This is the only song on the album that I instantly liked. The others took multiple listens to grow on me. It's such a beautiful uplifting catchy song :love:..

I'll go crazy, the perfect pop song?????

Seriously, is this song flawless or what?

First it has a beautiful and catchy melody.
The vocals are top notch. High notes, perfect words input. And lots of emotion.
The instrumental are just perfect. Great guitar work, gorgeous solo.
The drums are energetic and has a great dry sound.
Then there is this ambience, with cello throughtout the entire song and the beautiful violin sound at the end of the "baby i'm not alone" part.
And speaking of "baby i'm not alone part", what a uplifting and emotional Bono effort.
The choruses and bridges are perfect and catchy. And finally the last and stronger chorus to make a perfect climax. Wow!

Everything is in the right place there.

It only trails Breathe as the best song on the album and probably the best pop song from any band of at least the last 10 years! :applaud:

I always find the song playing in my head, its that catchy. :up:

This album is a perfect blend of light and dark. :drool:

I like this song very much.
But I would love it if it was just called; Crazy.

I know, I'm :coocoo:

Crazy Tonight seems to be a fair title. :wink: But yeah, U2 loves long album titles that are a pain in the ass to say in a conversation.

I'm still in love with this one, nothing beats the uplifting feeling! And Adam's brilliance shines trough! :love:

Listening to it now. Epic chorus, the bass, the drums, the trademark chiming guitar, all perfect. :up:

Will be a crowd favourite I reckon. :drool:

EDIT: The guitar part after the baby, baby, baby and the hey, hey bit is delightful. :)

I really like this song, I didn't think I would, I think it will make a great single after Magnificent. The little riverdance-like solo near the end does grate a bit but doesn't put me off the song at all.

I really like this song too and mostly because I can relate to the lyrics as well as love the music, my husband is the sort who does crazy things he is more out going type and I am the quiet type so I am always teling him off because I like the peaceful life:lol: when my hubby sings every beauty needs to go out with an idiot he then points to himself, though I don't think I am beautiful,:reject:

but after anyone meets my husband because he so out going and chatty and crazy they always ask how I stick him.. I always reply love covers a multitude of sins:sexywink: so this song is definatly our song:)

I did NOT like this song at first but it's quickly becoming a "skip to" song. I love it. I think the second half is much better than the first half, but it's going to be crazy good live.

IGCIIDGCT...shit, even the acronym is long...:sigh:

This is one a song that creeps into your subconscious...and soon you're humming it and then you're singing it...:up:

I think this will be a HUGE crowd pleasing song on the tour...:yes:

I especially love Adam's work here. He really pulls the song along and plays in a style that is pretty unusual for him. He could have gone with a straight chugging thing, but this part really makes the song move.

This song always makes me happy. The last chorus is just so uplifting with the whole "hoo-oo-oo's" in the background while the music swells. Awesome! :D

It's to bad people have to lump Boots and Stand Up Comedy together with it, just because theyre all in the middle. This song is nothing like the other two. Hopefully it will grow over time and people wont be so turned off by its poppyness. No one does joy like U2. They always know how to make you go :yippie:

Back
Top Bottom