If there is one food I can't stand it's...........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Indian Food. To spicy, the smell of the food, it makes me nausase.

What is your least favorite food. The reason I asked is because it was my mom's birthday yesterday and we went to an indian resturant. I ate the food out of respect. But it's the least favorite food.

Is this going to turn into the "I can't stand...." forum :hmm:

I hate all nuts. I won't eat anything with nuts in it. It's the texture I don't like. Apples and coconuts have same texture. To me, it feels like I'm chewing on spongy wood. There are some peanut butter things that I will eat and I love pistachio pudding if iI sift out the nuts before making it.

I also hate coffee and won't eat or drink ANYTHING with even the slightest hint of any sort of coffee/mocha/whatever in it. That includes when Starbucks makes hot chocolate from the same machine that made something with coffee :yuck:

I don't really mind Indian food. My friend grew up in southern Asia so her mom always made it. To me, it seemed that it always smelled a lot spicier than it tasted, but I don't like spicey stuff so bland is good!

Coconut. :yuck: The texture is disgusting. I agree with you Liesje - it tastes like chewing on wood. Gross.

Most red meats. I guess it's partially because I was a vegetarian for 14 years, and still can't stomach eating very much of it. I have a pretty sensitive stomach, so red meat does not digest very easily. That's the only reason why.

I'm sure there's more, but those are the only things that I could think of at the moment.

-coleslaw is up there (I recently tried it again to see if I still don't like it)

-nearly all seafood (shrimp even more so because I was watching a Rachael Ray program a few days ago and she showed how to clean a shrimp and used the words "pull out the digestive tract". UGH ) :yuck:

I'm sure there are more things I haven't thought of

-

ThoraSEB said:
Coconut. :yuck: The texture is disgusting. I agree with you Liesje - it tastes like chewing on wood. Gross.

Me too :barf:

I dont like nuts either.. peanuts by themselves are good and are macadamia nuts but that's about it.

Oh yeah, and talking about nasty texture.... mushrooms. I don't know if raw or cooked ones gross me out more. My old roommate used to make these "steaks" out of huge portabellos. I almost puked when I tried one. :barf:

U2democrat said:
Pickles...mayonase...mustard...ketchup...all make me gag :yuck:

I'm with you Laura. I like some pickles, but I can't stand any kind of gooey condiment, mainly mayo and mustard :yuck:

The other thing I thought of that I absolutely would rather die than eat is any form of Dutch salt black licorice nastiness. I really don't know what it is but we call it "druppies" and it is NAST! Everyone eats it around here. My friend will chew it and then breathe in my face and I want to cry! :barf:

Someone please explain WHY you would want to eat this?!?
dutch7medd.jpg

i :heart: indian food.

i like most foods, with a few random dishes that i might not care for, and i don't do raw onions on salads or sandwhiches (though i love French Onion Soup).

the one weird food dislike i have is shocking to many people: i don't like milk.

sure, i like 1/2 and 1/2 in my coffee, and i'll have skim milk if i were eating cereal (though i prefer soy milk), but i'd never sit down and just have a glass of milk.

honestly: who ever looked at a cow and said, "you see those things hanging right there? i'm gonna squeeze 'em and drink whatever comes out."

Irvine511 said:

honestly: who ever looked at a cow and said, "you see those things hanging right there? i'm gonna squeeze 'em and drink whatever comes out."

a calf :wink:

I won't drink reg. milk either but I love my latte's

Liesje said:
The other thing I thought of that I absolutely would rather die than eat is any form of Dutch salt black licorice nastiness. I really don't know what it is but we call it "druppies" and it is NAST!

:yes: :yes: I have many Dutch friends, and they all rave over it. I can't stand any kind of licorice.

I'm allergic to onions, peppers, and pineapples, so those are definitely foods I can't stand. I love the taste that onions and peppers bring to food though, so it sucks that I can't eat 'em. I have to read so many labels on things to make sure they're not in there. :sigh:

Liesje said:

The other thing I thought of that I absolutely would rather die than eat is any form of Dutch salt black licorice nastiness. I really don't know what it is but we call it "druppies" and it is NAST! Everyone eats it around here. My friend will chew it and then breathe in my face and I want to cry! :barf:

Someone please explain WHY you would want to eat this?!?
dutch7medd.jpg

Just looking at this picture makes me :barf: Those are so nasty. I'm dutch so I've been around those since my childhood, and never understood how anyone could eat them...

-peas :yuck:

-seafood

-Beverly soda. I think it's Italian. They have it at the Coca Cola exhibit at EPCOT and you can try samples for free. Only useful for tricking friends into trying it, ex. "Oh try the Beverly, it's awesome!" and then laugh at the results. On youtube, there was a clip of a guy who tried to drink 10 Beverly samples is a row. I think he only made it to 5 or 6 before he puked.

Justin24 said:
Indian Food. To spicy, the smell of the food, it makes me nausase.

What is your least favorite food. The reason I asked is because it was my mom's birthday yesterday and we went to an indian resturant. I ate the food out of respect. But it's the least favorite food.

hey you ATE the food or...you HATE the food?? :)

Back
Top Bottom