I knew there was something I had to do... Part Deux

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
alright girls - i'm jumping in here - I have gotten emails, political fliers, and recorded messages left on my answering machine - I esp. liked when Al Gore, John Kerry and Bush all had messages on my answering machine the same day
by the way loooove the daily show

kellyahern said:

I miss Will Ferrell's George Bush - that was classic :lol:

One of my favorite skits is Darrell Hammond as Al Gore and Will Ferrell as George Bush having a debate against each other with made up words like "lock box" and "strategery."

And yes, I am also excited for tomorrow! I hope everyone who can vote, does. Because this is going to be one CLOSE election.

the lock box skit is on right now:laugh:
I'm actually off tomorrow- I'm a political geek - I'll vote early and then come home to watch all of the news....

Jim, I'd like to interrupt here and answer that question as if it were my turn to speak. Jim, let me tell about a friend of mine. Her name is Etta Munsen. She's 94, she's a widow living on Social Security in Sparta, Tennessee. Etta was born with only one kidney. She also suffers from poilo, spinal menengitis, lung, liver, and pancreatic cancer, an enlarged heart, diabetes, and a rare form of styctic acne. Now, several recent strokes, along with an unfortunate shark attack, have left her paralyzed and missing her right leg under the knee. Just last week she woke from a coma to find that, due to a hospital mix-up, her left arm had been amputated, infected with syphillis, and then reattached.
As you can imagine, Jim, Etta's prescription drug bills are staggering. They run to nearly $113 million a day! And she tells me that some weeks she has to choose between eating and treating her Lyme Disease. Now, under my plan, Etta's prescription drugs would be covered. Under my opponent's plan, her house would be burned to the ground. And that is wrong. That is just wrong!

:shifty:

nurse chrissi said:
the lock box skit is on right now:laugh:
I'm actually off tomorrow- I'm a political geek - I'll vote early and then come home to watch all of the news....

Haha, today at work I was like "Guys, has it really been four years since the lock box?!"

I'm skipping business law tomorrow night to watch things unfold...

I voted absentee. My absentee, I mean I told my mom which boxes to check on my ballot and had her sign my name, because my ballot didn't show up until Thursday and there's no way the mail would get it here and then where it's supposed to be by Tuesday.

Not that it matters, because I live in Indiana, and every single democrat could vote twice here and we'd still go Republican. I wish I had flyers in my mailbox... nobody campaigns here. It makes me sad :sad:

whew, ive been gone from interference for like 3 days and it feels like a month!
ive missed a lot ladies
and i just saw the new music video in a hotel this morning after two all nighters and with a big ole hangover and an eye problem.
still
gotta say
theyre so friggin HOT

anyway
i was the best maid of honor ever my sister said. i dealt with everything on the face of the planet including my parents trying to barge in on my sister during her wedding night 'goings on' with her new husband
parents:madspit:
i made everybody in a room with over 100 people cry
in a good way:wink:
and now im home sweet home in the rain
cant wait to tell everyone about how i got *ahen* discovered by an actor a producer and a guy who works for a record label:D

How long did you guys wait in line today? About 40 minutes, start to finish for me, my brother waited an hour, and some people at work waited a little longer.

My sister only took 15 minutes, but she lives around the corner from the polling place and got there first thing this morning.

I went at...probably 9:15 by the time we got there, and I was back here by probably 9:45. We waited in line for a little bit, but probably no more than 10 minutes.
The people finding the names on the list (specific, I know.) took for.ev.er. I'm like...it's right there, uh, under the one you JUST HIGHLIGHTED, my MOTHER. And then they were having a discussion about who was related to who and I was like aaaah, get out of my way.

What voting system do you guys have? We have punchcards. :crack:

I voted a couple days ago:D
My first year. We have the write on ballot thingys. i think punch cards are illegal in oregon or something.
I have gotten royally chewed uut by three people today for voting kerry.:(
it makes me sad that theres practically a civil war going on around here lately.
maybe we should just split the country into kerry and bush halves and people can move to wherever they want to go.

personally i dont really like either one of them but hey:shrug: i could do better?

ellen, had I not voted absentee the place I would have gone to has the electric voting thing.

I agree on the civil war thing. Indiana always goes republican, but it's still like a war. It bothers me when people get so uptight when another person doesn't vote for the "right" guy (or girl)... I am super anti-bush and I have quite a few friends that love the guy. We get along famously.

On that note, I think the sleepiness factor has beaten the "who's gonna win?!" factor.

Kristie said:
On that note, I think the sleepiness factor has beaten the "who's gonna win?!" factor.

Seriously. I'm like "Uh....have to work at 9..."
I might be kicked out of the PoliSci department if I go to bed. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom